Dairyland Diaries

RedPoo

Posts hard, like a warlord
Reaction score
I know a lot of folk here have a rightful beef with KFAN, and specifically with Barrerrio (not even going to bother trying to spell that right). But I think most if not all of us can agree that for all his faults, there is one bright spot to the broadcast. Wisconsin week has me itching for some good tales from our neighbors to the east. So, I offer this thread as a place to post your favorite Wisconsin stories, in the hopes that I'll get a few I haven't heard before, and can re-live some old favorites.

Here's a cute little one to get the ball rolling:

http://www.newser.com/story/39661/drunk-driver-opts-for-im-stupid-sign.html

I know a lot of folk here have a rightful beef with KFAN, and specifically with Barrerrio (not even going to bother trying to spell that right). But I think most if not all of us can agree that for all his faults, there is one bright spot to the broadcast. Wisconsin week has me itching for some good tales from our neighbors to the east. So, I offer this thread as a place to post your favorite Wisconsin stories, in the hopes that I'll get a few I haven't heard before, and can re-live some old favorites.

Here's a cute little one to get the ball rolling:

http://www.newser.com/story/39661/drunk-driver-opts-for-im-stupid-sign.html

well, dan barreiro is a native of illinois so my guess is that he has just as much disdain for wisconsinites as any native minnesotan does. he certainly seems to relish the weekly dairyland diaries bit.

my favorite dairy land diary was told by burrito about a year ago i think. it involved 2 men in WI, a blind man and a man with no legs. They were both drunk and the blind man sat in the passenger seat pushing the gas and break pedals for the man with no legs who was driving drunk.

my favorite dairy land diary was told by burrito about a year ago i think. it involved 2 men in WI, a blind man and a man with no legs. They were both drunk and the blind man sat in the passenger seat pushing the gas and break pedals for the man with no legs who was driving drunk.

Yeah, that was one of my favorites, too. I remember it a little differently, though...I thought they were both physically disabled, but also both had previous DUIs on their record, so they decided that if one steered and the other worked the pedals, neither of them was technically 'driving.' I couldn't find the story, though.

The three youths and the dead body

reading through the story, its funny two people voted AGAINST making it illegal to have sex with dead people. I got a chuckle.:clap:

Yeah, that was one of my favorites, too. I remember it a little differently, though...I thought they were both physically disabled, but also both had previous DUIs on their record, so they decided that if one steered and the other worked the pedals, neither of them was technically 'driving.' I couldn't find the story, though.

i think your right.

"MARSHFIELD, WISCONSIN - A man will spend 20 days in jail for urinating on an ATM machine. Apparently James Turley became frustrated when the machine wouldn't give him any money and proceeded to pee all over the machine. Unfortunately, for Turley, a security camera recorded the whole thing in living color. A judge placed him on probation for three years and ordered him not to carry an ATM card."

He's probably still trying to figure out what he did wrong.

well, dan barreiro is a native of illinois so my guess is that he has just as much disdain for wisconsinites as any native minnesotan does. he certainly seems to relish the weekly dairyland diaries bit.

Actually, Dan Burrito is from Indiana and attended IU.

Oct 29, 2004 The woman accused of digging up her boyfriend's cremated remains from the Cambria Cemetery and drinking the beer" that was buried with it cannot be charged with a federal crime because of the wording of a law, said Sheboygan County District Attorney Joe De Cecco.
Police arrested Karen Stolzmann, 44, in October for stealing Michael Hendrickson's cremains, but couldn't be charged with the federal crime because the six-year statute of limitations had passed. It turned out the cremains were missing, along with items like beer and cigarettes that were buried with him, according to reports. A search warrant was issued for Stolzmann's Sheboygan home and the cremains were found in her garage. Michael Hendrickson, 27, died in 1992 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound."

A couple of points:

1. Raise your hand if anyone in the history of your family has dug up a significant other's corpse.
2. Have you ever heard of someone being buried with beer and cigarettes?
3. She DRANK the 12 year old beer!!!!!!! C'MON!!!!!!

that one just happened. It is classic. you really didn't need to know it happened in Wisconsin to know it happened in Wisconsin did you?

So you live with your Mom and she dies of old age, what should you do? Call family members, maybe neighboors, how about close friends? Nah, just throw in the freezer and keep collecting that fat social security check.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/22/philip-schuth-hermit-who-_n_266172.html

Schuth gave a bizarre speech in court laced with Latin, demanding more roles for actress Jennifer Garner and fewer for her husband, Ben Affleck.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/22/philip-schuth-hermit-who-_n_266172.html

It's really hard to argue against this line of reasoning.

Brian Johnsrud said the key is to pick the biggest cricket and put it upside down on your tongue. He also said you have to take the deep breath before putting the cricket in your mouth, so you don't swallow the critter.
One word: Smart.

Dairyland diaries are one of my favorite bits on Barreiro's show. I even love the intro music that sets the tone.

Father of the Year in WI nomination

From the Associated Press:

FOND DU LAC, Wis. -- A father who bought a beer for his 4-year-old son at the Fond du Lac County Fair and shared it with the boy's 2-year-old sibling was cited after becoming belligerent when he was approached by police.

A woman working at a beer tent last July told an officer she thought the man was joking when he asked for two beers -- one for him and another for his 4-year-old son.

When he was questioned by an officer, he told him it's legal for underage children to drink in Wisconsin, as long as they're with their parents. The officer countered that the boys weren't old enough to know what they were drinking.

A police report said the man began yelling and swearing and was kicked off the fairgrounds.

The Fond du Lac County district attorney recently requested that the man be cited for disorderly conduct.

lol, that is too perfect. My favorite part: 'Ethics division director Jonathan Becker joked the skyline was a "fanciful picture of what Madison may look like someday." He said he'll ask the vendor to promptly update the picture.'

At least Madison is aiming high, gotta give them credit for that.

He also added ""It's nice, though, isn't it?" Becker said. "It looks like a nice place to live.""

Sure does Mr. Becker, sure does...

Why do we allow those people to mingle freely with us?

Why are there not guards on our eastern border?

From the Associated Press:

FOND DU LAC, Wis. -- A father who bought a beer for his 4-year-old son at the Fond du Lac County Fair and shared it with the boy's 2-year-old sibling was cited after becoming belligerent when he was approached by police.

A woman working at a beer tent last July told an officer she thought the man was joking when he asked for two beers -- one for him and another for his 4-year-old son.

When he was questioned by an officer, he told him it's legal for underage children to drink in Wisconsin, as long as they're with their parents. The officer countered that the boys weren't old enough to know what they were drinking.

A police report said the man began yelling and swearing and was kicked off the fairgrounds.

The Fond du Lac County district attorney recently requested that the man be cited for disorderly conduct.

I'm honestly surprised, and a little impressed. I would have assumed this was just par for the course over there. Kudos, Wisconsin, for laying down the law! Four is just too young to start drinking...everyone knows you wait till they're at least five.

Top Bottom