D1 prospect Ahjany Lee transferring to Totino-Grace

His stock slipped when he started playing better competition on the AAU circuit. His transfer has nothing to do with the level of competition. It’s not like he averaged 30 at Byron. He’s transferring because the TG coach can use his platform to hopefully raise his stock. Not blaming the kid but will blame his parents and the TG coach. Your blatantly poaching kids from other schools and having them transfer. It’s at worst classless and unethical

Ding ding ding

You would have hated a couple of the high school hockey teams I was on. We had one team that had 14 future D1 and four future NHLers on it.
If those 14-18 kids (not sure if the latter 4 were exclusive of the first 14) all grew up in the same school system (public district, or feeder/private school system) ... I wouldn't have the slightest problem with it.

You can always transfer from a public to a private school and not sit out.

Not true. My kids transferred from a St Paul public school last year to Cretin Derham-Hall, and had to sit out. We appealed for immediate eligibility and were denied.

Good. I like making the kids sit out. It's a deterrent from forming all-star teams in the off-season.

Make a commitment to a program. Otherwise, sit out a season.

Good. I like making the kids sit out. It's a deterrent from forming all-star teams in the off-season.

Make a commitment to a program. Otherwise, sit out a season.

I'm not against it for the reasons you state, but there are certain exemptions & they should be explored a bit more in some cases. This year, everyone was granted automatic waivers due to Covid to transfer back their original schools without sitting out.

I guess I just doubt Lee is transferring to sit out
There are several roads to him playing immediately, especially thanks to Covid.

He could move to the area. He could get a waiver due to Covid. Etc etc

Im just saying the idea you don't have to sit if you transfer to a private school is incorrect.

Top Bottom