D is gassed. ST and QB lost this one

Yeah me neither title clearly says "QB" not Passing game or Offense. Mitch was personally responsible for all 3 turnovers today & none of them were on a passing play...
Yep, it was Mitch's fault we fumbled a punt return.

Plus if you take the sun out of Berkley's eyes thats 30 more yards to Mitch's already fantastic total. Was a very good throw.

LOL-The sun was in Berkley's eyes, that's what the announcer said. Someone (you?) mentioned in another post that Berkley's hands weren't exactly stellar. No excuses, catch the ball. Special teams play and at the LOS we were dominated.

Nope, Coaches lost this one. We had them defensively until Missouri started taking chances... like the fake punt, onside kick. For us, we have no time management skills, and we don't take any chances at all. Laying down with 1 minute left in the first half, was typical. Like Coach Kill punting in the 4th quarter with 2 minutes left while behind. They would rather lose than make a mistake.

I agree 100%. Pinkel did a great job of dousing the Gophers' early momentum and Kill do nothing significant from a coaching standpoint to get the momentum back.

Yep, it was Mitch's fault we fumbled a punt return.

My fault.

Now see how I can man up and admit I was wrong? One day when you become a man you can do the same thing because all you've done is backtrack your false statements since the game thread. Happy Holidays sir, your negativity will get no more of my attention. :cool:

My fault.

Now see how I can man up and admit I was wrong? One day when you become a man you can do the same thing because all you've done is backtrack your false statements since the game thread. Happy Holidays sir, your negativity will get no more of my attention. :cool:
I think you've got the wrong guy... Not sure what I did?

I started a thread about being optimistic

Our run blocking was horrible and if Cobb is going to be big time he needs to create some room on his own.

That being said, other than ST's being exposed, particularly on some trick plays, I don't see how you don't just tip your hat and say the better team won.

That was the best I have seen Mitch all year. IMO, he has made great strides this year.

Ski-U-Mah!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few observations/questions:

1. Why was Marcus Jones returning that punt? That was by far the worst turnover of the game IMO, and Craig James was back in for the next punt return.
2. I thought we had a good shot to win when we were down 19-17. On the long Murphy TD run that put Mizzou up 26-17, Celestin was playing MLB and appeared to go to the wrong hole. At least I'm assuming it was the wrong hole, because when Murphy picked his there was nothing but grass and he ran 50+ yards. Did Damien Wilson play in the 4th quarter? Just wondering if he was injured or gassed, because that play was the difference in the game.
3. If Berkley catches the ball on 2nd and 10, I felt like we had momentum and the game could have been different.
4. I felt like we gave up on the run too early. Yes Mitch was passing well, but I would have liked us to run it a little bit more. Even on the last possession when the game was basically over, we drove down inside the 10 quickly, and then passed it 4 times in a row. It was still a 2 possession game, not sure why we abandoned the run. It gave me flashbacks to Illinois.

The D can not be on the field all day in the heat and humidity. I don't think the playcalling was great - but they needed Mitch to step up when Missouri sold out to stop the run and he didn't come through. I don't think this is a big surprise for anyone - we are what we are. If Max sticks around and we get decent QB play, we will be back in a New Year Day bowl next year with this D. I am proud of the guys. When the other team is using a bunch of trick plays, it means that they didn't think they were good enough to beat up straight up - that is good sign when you are playing an SEC divisional champ.

I think this on the coaching staff.

-Fake punt gave Mizzou momentum/ flipped field position. They scored on a short field on the following possession.
-Kneeling it before half with timeouts and plenty of time.
-Onside kick after half.
-Although the game was over at this point, but running a trick play on 4th down. Way overthought that.

LOL-The sun was in Berkley's eyes, that's what the announcer said. Someone (you?) mentioned in another post that Berkley's hands weren't exactly stellar. No excuses, catch the ball. Special teams play and at the LOS we were dominated.

My point was that it was a perfectly thrown ball by Mitch further proving that he had a great day passing. Whether it was the sun or Berkley's fault it definitely wasn't Mitch's.

I think this on the coaching staff.

-Fake punt gave Mizzou momentum/ flipped field position. They scored on a short field on the following possession.
-Kneeling it before half with timeouts and plenty of time.
-Onside kick after half.
-Although the game was over at this point, but running a trick play on 4th down. Way overthought that.

You're now the second person I've seen mention coaching and the fake punt. That play had NOTHING to do with coaching. The players were in position to stop that play, they were not unprepared. De'Vondre Campbell just completely whiffed.

You're now the second person I've seen mention coaching and the fake punt. That play had NOTHING to do with coaching. The players were in position to stop that play, they were not unprepared. De'Vondre Campbell just completely whiffed.

It's looks bad especially when you run out the clock after a firstdown before halftime and tell Janine Edwards you did it because you're getting the ball to start the 2nd half. There were obvious player mistake throughout the game, those happen, but for a coach to get that strategically out coached with a month of preparation is completely unacceptable.

It's looks bad especially when you run out the clock after a firstdown before halftime and tell Janine Edwards you did it because you're getting the ball to start the 2nd half.

I liked how they focused the camera on Leidner at the end of that first half. He looked visibly pissed at the coaching staff for putting the handcuffs on the offense.

Mitch played well today, efficient with 260 passing and a touch. If we can get these kind of performances out of him for the next two years we'll do well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That drop by Edwards was huge... Right in his hands.

ST and our rush defense lost us the game.

Every trick play is on coaching.

Mitch passed the ball as well as I've ever seen him throw it, the one knock being him missing the Big IF behind the defense for a sure touchdown. Also, as has been pointed out, regardless of whether it was sun or hands on Berkeley's part, that was a big potential completion that was thrown right where it should have been and won't show up on Mitch's stats.

Mitch's two fumbles were careless and totally unacceptable. That wasn't a well secured ball getting jarred loose by a perfectly aimed monster hit, they were both just him not securing the football. The punt return decision was pretty outrageous too.

There wasn't really one thing that made us lose today, it was a combo of multiple things and quite frankly I think we just got beat even if it was in some bogus ways. WRs didn't get open as often as they could and against a great pass rush youre gonna have to get it out or get out of the pocket and we didn't always do that. The trick plays were tough I mean you have to be disciplined and do your job even though those things happen. Not only did our pass game not look that great but multiple times Cobb had very little space to run. Some positives were that Leidner playing a pretty good defense threw the ball very well. Dbacks looked pretty good for the most part. I really thougth we were gonna win this game after the first quarter up to the start of the 3rd quarter but then it went downhill. Im disappointed but all in all good year by the gophers were not quite there yet but damn we are close

Top Bottom