Curran Delaney

mkAz

Reaction score
Marcus Fuller reported that Curran Delaney was running with the first team at DT yesterday, does anybody have the scoop on this guy? I know it's early and they are moving people around some and I'm doubting that he will be starting once the season starts but he must have made an impression on somebody to get early reps. Is he going to make it into the rotation come the start of the season?

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2011/03/first-practice-reveals-new-fac.html

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204961533

When I was at Holy Family for Peter Westerhaus' signing, I was told about Delaney (also from that HS)... he's as good a story as there is in all of college football (been working on pasting together the details, but have been sidetracked with a newborn)... he was a sniper for the U.S. military... served, and now is fulfilling his dream of playing college football... from his time overseas to now, he's gained about 100 lbs... there's a lot more to him.

Doogie, sounds like it would make for a great read hopefully you can find the time in the future once the newborn isn't so new.

When I was at Holy Family for Peter Westerhaus' signing, I was told about Delaney (also from that HS)... he's as good a story as there is in all of college football (been working on pasting together the details, but have been sidetracked with a newborn)... he was a sniper for the U.S. military... served, and now is fulfilling his dream of playing college football... from his time overseas to now, he's gained about 100 lbs... there's a lot more to him.

I figured he'd gained some weight as he's listed at 298 now. Hard to hide a 298-pound sniper.

I figured he'd gained some weight as he's listed at 298 now. Hard to hide a 298-pound sniper.

I always love the military guys that come back to college. Wasn't Richard Coffey airborne? Bring on the warrior mentality.

Thanks Doogie. I'm intrigued. How old is he anyways?

Marcus Fuller reported that Curran Delaney was running with the first team at DT yesterday, does anybody have the scoop on this guy? I know it's early and they are moving people around some and I'm doubting that he will be starting once the season starts but he must have made an impression on somebody to get early reps. Is he going to make it into the rotation come the start of the season?

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2011/03/first-practice-reveals-new-fac.html

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204961533
With the way things went last year on the O-line with such basic issues as opening holes for Gopher RB's....if he can help spring Bennett I will take a 400 pound sniper!!!!

Marine Scout Snipner

Marine Scout Snipner is the elite of the elite. If he was selected and completed that training he is something special. Thank you for your service to your country Curran.

I didn't realize a DT could open up holes for a RB. How exactly does that work?

Really not that difficult

I didn't realize a DT could open up holes for a RB. How exactly does that work?

It is easy. All he has to do is fall down when he is blocked and then lay there.

I would not be surprised to see Delaney play a significant role in the defense this year.

I don't know anything him as a player, but I do know if he completed Sniper School his work ethic & mental toughness will be where Kill wants them to be. You don't want a whole roster of these guys, but having a mature player or two like this can be inspirational.

I would not be surprised to see Delaney play a significant role in the defense this year.

I'm not sure we quite have the guns for it as much as Kill would like, but I would imagine we will see A LOT Of our Dlineman playing.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 12 DL get a decent amount of snaps next season. I think it will be situational and we will see a lot more rotation.

I heard really good things about Botticelli and Ben Perry last season (as DEs on the practice squad) and i'd imagine you will see the guys like Taufua (spelling) make a push as he was thought of as being one of our better young DTs.

Realistically, we can expect to see some PT go to Wilhite, Simpson, Garin, KGM, Kirksey, JAcobs, Hahn, Delaney, Hageman, Tauafua, Perry, Botticelli....

This guy is a freak athlete! Low percent body fat and straight gets after it in the weight room. He brings a lot of energy to the team iv been told. Hope he is a guy who can sneak up on other teams and contribute.

Top Bottom