Craig Bohl to Wyoming

I was wrong, so sorry. 1.1 million watched the fcs title game last year. NDSU doesn't play in the big ten, but it's just stupid to compare them to D2.

Actually, what I said originally, was that the Bison fan base was incredibly arrogant when the school was winning D2 titles (completely irrelevant level of football), and that it's no different today.

And I'll stand by the opinion that 95% of football fans don't care about the FCS. At least Vegas takes odds on low level FBS games like the Sun Belt, so they get some attention from degenerate gamblers.

Why do we have 8 pages on the Bison taint ex coach Bohl ,and why are Gopher fans wasting this much space on talking about these turds? Bison taints go away, we don't need you polluting our forum.

Why do we have 8 pages on the Bison taint ex coach Bohl ,and why are Gopher fans wasting this much space on talking about these turds? Bison taints go away, we don't need you polluting our forum.

dude, you gotta admit that the Bison taints do make GopherHolers look smart and sophisticated, right?

The championship game was so important to espn that they cut into it a few minutes into the game.... so they could finish televising a day nba game.

Their fans suck and are obnoxious beyond imagination. That said, the Bison this year would very, very likely have at least as good a record as we do if they played the same schedule and to pretend not is disingenuous. Their RBs, QB and WRs are better football players right now than what we have at the positions. Their OL is BCS caliber level, two of their LBers would start for us and Williams is a better DB than any we have. They are very junior and senior heavy in their starting line up, overall. It just is what it is. They will have probably at least as many kids get drafted and/or end up in NFL camps as teh Gophers. (Turner, Williams, Jensen, Ojuri). This is likely their peak and would be whether Bohl left or not and we're on the rise. Two or three years down the road they'll have regressed and we'll still be on the rise and it'll be a different story and the comparison would be ridiculous. Not this year, though.

haha, um no.

Yes but I don't understand why we talk about them as much as we do on here?

dude, you gotta admit that the Bison taints do make GopherHolers look smart and sophisticated, right?

I just don'tundertand why NDSU get's so much run here on Gopherhole, and then when a thread is started
it is like we are infested with pests and locust that will not go away. We are 8-4 not a lot of Gopher teams have had
this much success in recent memory. We have a good matchup against Syracuse who seems to have a good defense like ourselves so the bowl game should be a good physical bowl game. I know they lost their coach Bohl and people likely are interested in that, but beyond that all of the conjectue about records and how they would fair in FBS competition or the Big10 conference is just pure conjecture and speculation. It is what we do as fans shoot the breeze I just don't get why we talk about the Bison here?
They get a few Minnesota kids, but to me I'm not interested in talking about NDSU, we don't play them anymore and are not likely to play them again.

Well they better beat Coastal Carolina by more than 70-10 or their dreams of holding with the best of the SEC become just a pipe dream!!!!!! Transitive property!

As usual, a lot of people on this board could stand a good dose of reality. The last decade or so has shown us, if we're willing to pay attention, that the once massive gap between divisions has diminished, at least enough that certain FCS programs can field teams that are very competitive with FBS teams. Just use some common sense. There are a lot more well-trained coaches and players out there than ever before. They have to go somewhere in order to pursue their dreams and careers. On any given day that can mean problems for teams who used to be able to take a pass.

I don't understand the enmity for two neighboring successful programs. It sounds like ugly envy to me. Instead of hating NDSU and UW, we should examine what it is that makes them successful and try to outdo them at it. You can like your own school without trashing others.

As usual, a lot of people on this board could stand a good dose of reality. The last decade or so has shown us, if we're willing to pay attention, that the once massive gap between divisions has diminished, at least enough that certain FCS programs can field teams that are very competitive with FBS teams. Just use some common sense. There are a lot more well-trained coaches and players out there than ever before. They have to go somewhere in order to pursue their dreams and careers. On any given day that can mean problems for teams who used to be able to take a pass.

On any individual game I may agree with you- but over the length of an entire season I certainly do not. NDSU plays against one big time opponent a year- the game they get all jacked up for and play out of their minds. However, its just another ho-hum game for the team they are playing. Games like this can and have gone the way of a lesser opponent. But, if the Bison had to regularily play the big boys, that advantage goes away. They lose a few games, all of a sudden they are not the big attraction for "best of the rest" athletes they are getting now, and the program takes a hit. The Bison have been a great program in a lesser brand of football. They think they could regularily win at a higher level, I think they would be in for a rude awakening.

I don't understand the enmity for two neighboring successful programs. It sounds like ugly envy to me. Instead of hating NDSU and UW, we should examine what it is that makes them successful and try to outdo them at it. You can like your own school without trashing others.

You don't understand how Gopher fans are hostile to the Badgers? They are our freaking rival! We hate them, we should hate them and they should hate us. That's college football. However, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the success of their program. I think we all wish that our football program could have the success of WI. But we hate them, it's not mutually exclusive.

As far as NDSU. Apples and oranges. You don't win in the Big 10 by using methods from FCS. Recruiting is different, spreading scholarships is different and the kind of athletes you recruit is different. Everyone hates NDSU. I've never seen a more delusional group of fans in my entire life (remember the Bohl to Nebraska concerns. . . lol). Don't get me wrong, we have the occasional Kool-Aid drinking crazy person, but they are ALL that person.

As to your main point, if you don't hate WI and Iowa and you're a Gopher fan, you're weird. I realize that there are some people with different situations (kid at Madison or something), but in general, that enmity for your rivals IS college football.

I don't think anyone is arguing that FCS hasn't improved over the years (so have mid-majors), but we all can still point and laugh at the North Dakota Junior College fans for being delusional.

Personally, I'm a MN HS football nerd, so I was a fan of NDSU, until I met their fans.

You don't understand how Gopher fans are hostile to the Badgers? They are our freaking rival! We hate them, we should hate them and they should hate us. That's college football. However, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the success of their program. I think we all wish that our football program could have the success of WI. But we hate them, it's not mutually exclusive.

As far as NDSU. Apples and oranges. You don't win in the Big 10 by using methods from FCS. Recruiting is different, spreading scholarships is different and the kind of athletes you recruit is different. Everyone hates NDSU. I've never seen a more delusional group of fans in my entire life (remember the Bohl to Nebraska concerns. . . lol). Don't get me wrong, we have the occasional Kool-Aid drinking crazy person, but they are ALL that person.

As to your main point, if you don't hate WI and Iowa and you're a Gopher fan, you're weird. I realize that there are some people with different situations (kid at Madison or something), but in general, that enmity for your rivals IS college football.

No, never felt that way. I like football for the game -- the execution, the teamwork, the coordination of the efforts of athletes with various skills. I admire any team that does those things well. I dislike (I'll reserve the word "hate" for enemies) programs that cheat, that accept poor citizen players, or make no pretense to be a college first and a football program second. I'm a relic.

It makes some people feel better I guess.

Why not criticize Wisconsin, Iowa, and NDSU fans then also? If you've ever been around them, you'd know they are way worse than Gopher fans.

I hate Wisconsin because I hate my team's rivals. Wisconsin Badgers, Vancouver Canucks (rivalry getting messed up with the division realiginment), Green Bay Packers, Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, Wisconsin Badgers.

My hatred is for NDSU is in how delusional their fan base is. We have a few nuts, but most everyones seems to recognize that we are a middle of the pack B1G team, which is consistent with our middling 4-4 B1G record. NDSU is a great minor league college football team, and for some reason they think that would make them a great real college football team. They (I might be wrong, but I think it was actually their athletic department) went as far as to publish a graphic comparing their 3-year win total to a back to back national champion in the real division. That comparison is about as valid as pointing out that my beer-league softball team won as my games this season as some of the top-25 teams in FBS.

I hate Wisconsin because I hate my team's rivals. Wisconsin Badgers, Vancouver Canucks (rivalry getting messed up with the division realiginment), Green Bay Packers, Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, Wisconsin Badgers.

My hatred is for NDSU is in how delusional their fan base is. We have a few nuts, but most everyones seems to recognize that we are a middle of the pack B1G team, which is consistent with our middling 4-4 B1G record. NDSU is a great minor league college football team, and for some reason they think that would make them a great real college football team. They (I might be wrong, but I think it was actually their athletic department) went as far as to publish a graphic comparing their 3-year win total to a back to back national champion in the real division. That comparison is about as valid as pointing out that my beer-league softball team won as my games this season as some of the top-25 teams in FBS.
Count me among the nuts that's going to be crazy delusional when we start out next year 9-0. I don't expect opposing fans to be humble about their own accomplishments. Wisconsin fans are worthy of hatred based on the way they treat visiting gopher fans.

The Brewers aren't really rivals to the Twins and never have been. Even when the Brewers were in the AL, most of that time they were in the east and the Twins in the west. Now that they're in the NL, they just play meaningless inter league games a few times a season. About as big of rivals as the Wolves and Bucks.

I love the Brewers (listening to Uecker call a game is as good as baseball gets), but if they're playing the Twins, I root for the Twins.

And yes, NDSU fans are delusional.

Count me among the nuts that's going to be crazy delusional when we start out next year 9-0. I don't expect opposing fans to be humble about their own accomplishments. Wisconsin fans are worthy of hatred based on the way they treat visiting gopher fans.

This. I now live in Az, and my ASU friends to a person have said that the Budgie fans are the worst they've encountered. And they HATE UA.

Nebraska fans have told me the Sconnie fans are the worst.

MSU fans have told me Sconnie fans are the worst.

Purdue fans have told me Sconnie fans are the worst.

Frickin' UNLV fans told me Sconnie fans are the worst.

Note a trend?

This. I now live in Az, and my ASU friends to a person have said that the Budgie fans are the worst they've encountered. And they HATE UA.

Note a trend?

Yup.

The only thing I heard differently was TrojanPrincess telling us Iowa fans are the worst.

Yup.

The only thing I heard differently was TrojanPrincess telling us Iowa fans are the worst.

Becky fans are definitely the worst. They believe they go to Harvard for college, and they believe they are the greatest at all sports. Then, they have no idea how to be humble or respectful to anyone. They're full of arrogance, hubris, and self-righteousness. I never root for Becky to win. I could care less if it makes the Big Ten look good thanks to a bowl win or a NCAA tournament win.

Note a trend?

Spot on. Nothing worse than a Becky fan.

Becky fans are definitely the worst. They believe they go to Harvard for college, and they believe they are the greatest at all sports. Then, they have no idea how to be humble or respectful to anyone. They're full of arrogance, hubris, and self-righteousness. I never root for Becky to win. I could care less if it makes the Big Ten look good thanks to a bowl win or a NCAA tournament win.

I don't disagree. I guess my point was that at worst if Becky fans aren't the worst, Iowa fans would easily take that mantle.

I don't disagree. I guess my point was that at worst if Becky fans aren't the worst, Iowa fans would easily take that mantle.

Their fans are bad too. Their football stadium was (maybe it still is) the only stadium where the Gophers were required to wear their football helmets at all times as players got hit in the head with beer bottles routinely. Especially when they walked back to the locker room.

Top Bottom