Could MSU Bond Together for a Inspired Performance Against Illinois?

Otis

Reaction score
You’ve seen this before, controversy and scandal rocks a sports team to its core and the team somehow rallied against the world and produces a performance most thought they were incapable of.

Can Mel Tucker lead MSU to such a performance?

Example: Gopher basketball returns from Wisconsin with most the team suspended for a sexual encounter with a young lady. With only 5 scholarship players left on the team and a few walk-ons, the “Iron 5” takes on number 10 in the nation Iowa and wins!

I give the Spartans a good chance of doing something similar!

Or they could just look like they don't want to be there like they did vs us ...

You’ve seen this before, controversy and scandal rocks a sports team to its core and the team somehow rallied against the world and produces a performance most thought they were incapable of.

Example: Gopher basketball returns from Wisconsin with most the team suspended for a sexual encounter with a young lady. With only 5 scholarship players left on the team and a few walk-ons, the “Iron 5” takes on number 10 in the nation Iowa and wins!

My observation and gut feeling only - but, I get the sense the problems in East Lansing are profound, and systemic.

As much as I dislike saying/admitting it, Illinois is very, very, sound, plays that elusive “complimentary football”, and therefore seem unlikely to go Amber Heard on the deal this weekend, or maybe 3 of their last 4.

I didn't put this game on Pick ems for a reason unlike your faith in the Spartans. Perhaps I'll be wrong, who knows.

No

I think Illinois is closer to the gophers than Ohio state and penn state and Michigan and on a single day anything can happen

But Michigan state is sad right now

Hoping for some fight from them but if I were to bet on it I’d say MSU lays down like a dog the rest of the season. Much like they did for the first 2/3 of it.

Maybe they put together an inspired performance towards the end of the year, but not coming off a rivalry game.

8 of their defense players suspended indefinitely, the practice squad would need to fill in! Love to see MSU win but I also like to fall asleep on Heidi Klum’s lap. Not happening.
Did not have you pegged for a worm guy but I'm not judging ...

Can't forget the 2016 Gophers football team in the Holiday Bowl vs the air raid. That was walk-on Blake Cashman's coming out party.

8 of their defense players suspended indefinitely, the practice squad would need to fill in! Love to see MSU win but I also like to fall asleep on Heidi Klum’s lap. Not happening.

It's gonna get ugly in Champaign. The Illini getting all the breaks this year. It's their destiny.

Could it happen? I suppose anything is possible, but I will be shocked if Illinois doesn’t destroy them this weekend.

With a real team effort they could put a good beating on Illinois

Very different circumstances than Madison. Seems more likely to me MSU is feeling sorry for themselves and embarrassed to even be on that team and they get crushed.
Gopher players felt they were treated poorly by administration and falsely accused.
Madison Acquittal
Same for football Bowl game upset.

Last edited:

Looks like Otis had a pretty good point. MSU may not win but it's 9-7 at the 10:30 mark of the 3rd.

No. Illinois is an outstanding team. MSU on their best day is marginal and mostly a bottom 3 team in the Big Ten.
I forgot that Illinois sucks too. So there is a chance
Nobody outside OSU/MI/PSU are top
25 teams this year

Maybe 9 teams between 26-50 though

TBH, this is more shocking to me than us beating Nebraska

Illinois shooting itself in the foot.

Top Bottom