Cortez LeGrant - New PWO Commitment

Welcome! Work hard and earn a scholarship playing the game you love!

Welcome! Work hard and earn a scholarship playing the game you love!
Welcome! This dude's a player. I'm betting LeGrant as you describe, does just that. No we are not related, just think this kid is like Redding the punt returner. Glad he is gambling on himself, he will prove he belongs.

Last edited:

so, apparently LeGrant was an all-state player in WI. but according to some things I read, the only big schools showing a lot of interest were IA and MN. other than that, he was hearing from FCS schools.

So - if anyone knows - what's the deal here? you would think that an all-state RB would get a little more interest/attention.

I guess my point is this: If you're an all-state RB in WI, and only a couple of FBS teams are interested, what does that say about the caliber of HS FB in WI?

Hey - I hope the kid goes on to have a nice career. wouldn't be the first PWO to become a contributor.

Heck, Bronko was just plowing a field as the story goes...

Hope the kid does well too no matter the HS pedigree...

Heck, Bronko was just plowing a field as the story goes...

Hope the kid does well too no matter the HS pedigree...
Bronko Nagurski was so strong he plowed the field without a mule. Sort of like the Chuck Norris jokes.

so, apparently LeGrant was an all-state player in WI. but according to some things I read, the only big schools showing a lot of interest were IA and MN. other than that, he was hearing from FCS schools.

So - if anyone knows - what's the deal here? you would think that an all-state RB would get a little more interest/attention.

I guess my point is this: If you're an all-state RB in WI, and only a couple of FBS teams are interested, what does that say about the caliber of HS FB in WI?

Hey - I hope the kid goes on to have a nice career. wouldn't be the first PWO to become a contributor.
This might have been Wisconsin's worst HS class in a long, long time. I believe Wisconsin only signed 1 player from the entire class and he was a RB out of Milwaukee are. Their 24' HS recruiting class looks fairly solid again and just last year sent kids to Ohio State and Notre Dame.

With all that said, I still believe northern kids don't get a fair assessment in rankings. Throw in Covid screwing a few of these classes of proper assessment by coaches and this very well is a great under the radar signing. He likely will find a spot on the field outside of RB. Special teams could get him on the field sooner.

This might have been Wisconsin's worst HS class in a long, long time. I believe Wisconsin only signed 1 player from the entire class and he was a RB out of Milwaukee are. Their 24' HS recruiting class looks fairly solid again and just last year sent kids to Ohio State and Notre Dame.

With all that said, I still believe northern kids don't get a fair assessment in rankings. Throw in Covid screwing a few of these classes of proper assessment by coaches and this very well is a great under the radar signing. He likely will find a spot on the field outside of RB. Special teams could get him on the field sooner.
In my books, he's worth it for the name alone.

This is why NDSU, SDSU, and a host of other championship DII and DIII programs in Minnesota and Wisconsin do what they do.

The recruiters swarm the South and CA, OH, PA, and the major recruiting hotbeds. The 4* and 5* get found most everywhere, often from the camp circuit. But the same Florida or Texas kid who ends up a 2* or 3* FBS commit at a MAC school or even in the lower part of a P5 class ends up in the FCS when they play HS in MN or WI because a lot fewer coaches showed up at their games or watched their tape.

Because Minnesota and Wisconsin don't even have MAC programs there's a big drop from the nationally-recruiting Big Ten program to the next available level that college coaches are scouting. So the area FCS teams load up and end up with MAC quality teams.

Similar thing happened to LeCaptain. He's Wisconsins all time leading rusher but still never got more than a PWO from an FBS school.

Happens all the time. Mr. Football from the State of Minnesota is going to end up at St. Thomas or Mankato probably. Sure Wisconsin is a lot like Minnesota where oftentimes the top players in the state might get little to no attention from power 5 or even FBS schools.

As for LeGrant....hopefully he comes in motivated to prove himself and has a great career.

Top Bottom