Corey Crooms declares for the NFL draft before Quicklane Bowl

Wasn't he a Senior this year? I just assumed he wouldn't be back next season, and that Kristen Hoskins would step into the slot position? In addition to Hoskins, we'll have three experienced receivers returning in Daniel Jackson, Elijah Spencer, and Lemeke Brockington. Looks like we're going after a transfer WR to add some experienced depth as well. All in all, we look to be in pretty good shape at the WR position next season, even without Crooms.

Last edited:

Wasn't he a Senior this year? I just assumed he wouldn't be back next season, and that Kristen Hoskins would step into the slot position? In addition to Hoskins, we'll have three experienced receivers returning in Daniel Jackson, Elijah Spencer, and Lemeke Brockington. Looks like we're going after a transfer WR to add some experienced depth as well. All in all, we look to be in pretty good shape at the WR position next season, even without Crooms.
Plus, we had several highly-rated true freshman WRs join the team in 2023, all of whom red-shirted ... but any of whom could see snaps in the QLB.

Yes. This season was his last year of eligibility. Not sure what the big deal is about declaring for the draft. I guess he’s one of the rare players that are going pro and still plays in a bowl game. I’d rather see someone else out there since Crooms’ best attribute was dropping passes.

Yes. This season was his last year of eligibility. Not sure what the big deal is about declaring for the draft. I guess he’s one of the rare players that are going pro and still plays in a bowl game. I’d rather see someone else out there since Crooms’ best attribute was dropping passes.

Hope he disappoints you..;)

Was Hoskins injured this year?

I think Howden declared last year when he was out of eligibility too.

Always difficult to tell about WR prospects in the pass-happy NFL. On the surface, Crooms doesn't appear to be someone who the scouts would love, but if he lights up his pro day he probably gets a shot. From there, who knows what happens. Pros use so many WRs and so many passing schemes that he might fit into a team's approach. As I said above, his pro day will be crucial for him.

Top Bottom