Cooper vs. Columbia Heights tonight

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
A couple future Gophers in action, should be a real up and down game.

I'll bite Johnny. . .

Is Jacob Thomas a sure thing as a future Gopher?

I wanted to go....

but 25 miles in the snow???..I'll wait for Johnny's report.

Tubby and Esposito made the trip. Cooper won easily, Rodney this year is really taking a back seat and letting his teammates do alot of the work in the first two games. He had a ton of alley-oops and put back dunks and a three and another 15 foot jumper but his biggest impact so far has been on defense, he had at least 5 blocks and altered a bunch more. He's not forcing shots but against the better teams he will need to step up. Jacob finished with 22 and hit four straight threes but overall he had an off night shooting. He did have two really strong drives early but got into foul trouble and started to settle for some difficult jumpers. He showed a strong handle and missed some shots he normally hits, not sure if he was a little off playing in front of Tubby. I would be very disappointed if MN passed on Jacob and don't see that happenning.

sibley/minnetonka

sibley beat minnetonka by about 14. ndsu and northern iowa were on hand. not sure who they were there watching (possibly cole stefan from minnetonka) but i think both came away impressed with jake kreuser of sibley

Was at the CH - Cooper game. Rodney is an incredible talent - with a couple of alley-oop dunks - Heights was content to zone and keep the ball from him - so his team mates played well - and he blocked shots like crazy! I doubt that Thomas is a division one talent yet - maybe more of a St Cloud State type.

Tubby didn't drive there to watch a Div. 2 recruit, Jacob is one of if not the top MN player for 2010 and will play at a major d 1 school, hopefully it's here.

According to the Star Tribune box scores, Thomas went for 37 last night as Heights beat St. Louis Park 70-64.

Top Bottom