Conference Championship Weekend Thread

So 3 of the 4 spots, are set. Last one comes down to Michigan, ND or Baylor.

Totally. I don't see the Gophers winning a natty until he's gone to the pros.
I see a full banana team light Young up like a Christmas tree in the Natty game next year. Gotta have faith brother. Bring it home. ;)

Any scenario in which Georgia drops out of the top 4?

They don’t look anywhere near as good as Alabama. Their defense looks completely overmatched, and that was their calling card. Saban is the master. Does anyone want to see a rematch of this, outside GA ???

Baylor should get the nod, their losses were to Oklahoma State and a narrow loss to TCU.

I’d even prefer Utah over Georgia. They had a few bad losses early but have looked really good to close.

Conference champs only.

this might get ugly. This is part of why i never understood the GA love. The O just ain't very good

Assuming Michigan beats Iowa, the rankings after this performance should be:
1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Georgia

But I’m guessing Georgia will end up 3rd so the SEC doesn’t have to play each other in the first round.

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Georgia

But I’m guessing Georgia will end up 3rd so the SEC doesn’t have to play each other in the first round.
That would get Michigan in the final.

Young is making his case for the Heisman!

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Cincinnati
4. Georgia

yeah i'd imagine no chance they put them at 1 and 4. could maybe see 2 and 4 with Michigan being the 1.

This has got to be frustrating for GA fans. Look amazing all year but now wondering if it was all a smokescreen.

I hope they score a TD here and make it interesting at least.

Looking back now, they don’t have a great win.
But 3 Top 25 wins …. Clemson, Kentucky and Arkansas.

People think the Big Ten West is inferior to the Big Ten East, but the gap between the SEC East is and SEC West is probably wider.

SEC East is 1-11 in the last dozen SEC Championships. This one will make them 1-12.

this might get ugly. This is part of why i never understood the GA love. The O just ain't very good
I can never figure out Kirby Smart. Obviously a good defensive coach, but the fact that he chose Jacob Fromm over Justin Fields really makes me question if he understands modern offensive football at all.

I think what we saw today is the difference between five-star high school QB and a walk-on.

Oh, and lest I forget, when it comes to coaching it's Saban with the next coach about a light year behind him.

Assuming Mich wins, I see it ...
Michigan
Cincinnati
Alabama
Georgia
(Cincinnati-bama interchangeable)

People think the Big Ten West is inferior to the Big Ten East, but the gap between the SEC East is and SEC West is probably wider.

SEC East is 1-11 in the last dozen SEC Championships. This one will make them 1-12.
So when Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC, do they move Bama and Auburn to the East and Missouri to the West? That would seem to balance things out more.

How do they make the divisions when OU and Texas arrive? Adding them to the west would make the divide even more.

So when Oklahoma and Texas join the SEC, do they move Bama and Auburn to the East and Missouri to the West? That would seem to balance things out more.
They sure should.

But Sankey will probably do something crazy we haven’t thought of yet. Maybe add 2 more, create three 6-team divisions and have conference semi-finals.

Ferentz just pulled a Sanford on 3rd down in the redzone.

Iowa's defense just got shredded 7-0 Michigan.

Whichever team gets the bye (Cincy) in the first round of the CFP playoff, is absolutely going to push their stool in.

Top Bottom