Coney Durr update

Doc1001

Reaction score
Torn ACL and meniscus. Our DB situation is on life support

Torn ACL and meniscus. Our DB situation is on life support

By my count we had 21 DB's on the 2016 roster. 5 graduated. 5 are currently on suspension. That leaves 11. Ayinde indicated he wasn't coming back, then said he might? Coney is out, at least until fall optimistically. That would make 9 DB's on the roster. 6 of those 9 remaining were Freshmen or RS/FR Kinda curious how we can't be solely targeting DB's with our remaining scholarships? Does it mean Ayinde is coming back and Fleck has received assurances the 5 suspended are likely to be eligible or?

By my count we had 21 DB's on the 2016 roster. 5 graduated. 5 are currently on suspension. That leaves 11. Ayinde indicated he wasn't coming back, then said he might? Coney is out, at least until fall optimistically. That would make 9 DB's on the roster. 6 of those 9 remaining were Freshmen or RS/FR Kinda curious how we can't be solely targeting DB's with our remaining scholarships?

Because we have 2 verbals and might get like 7 more guys. Also, how many of those 9 can play CB, and how many are actually scholarship players?

Fleck needs to find a minimum of two kids that are ready to play extensively for the upcoming season...

Because we have 2 verbals and might get like 7 more guys. Also, how many of those 9 can play CB, and how many are actually scholarship players?

Yes 2. 1 of the 2 has an in home visit with Iowa. And as I noted we have remaining scholarships...easily 30 some open minimum. Demetrius Douglas is a target visited by our offensive coaches today.
Lots of other guys offered scholarships and trending to Minnesota don't play defensive back. That's my point. And I believe quite a few of those 9 remaining are walk ons or were unlikely to see the field. I feel urgency to be recruiting defensive backs and offering playing time. What does Fleck know that we don't?
Keep the two we got so far and add Douglas as a DB and Norwood and suddenly things look much better. I'm sure PJ has a plan!!

Poor guy. Hoping for a speedy and full recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really stinks for Durr. Hope he recovers fully and becomes a star in man coverage ala Eric Murray. Then he could go one-on-one on the wide side of the field and, in effect, be on "Coney Island."

Yes 2. 1 of the 2 has an in home visit with Iowa. And as I noted we have remaining scholarships...easily 30 some open minimum. Demetrius Douglas is a target visited by our offensive coaches today.
Lots of other guys offered scholarships and trending to Minnesota don't play defensive back. That's my point. And I believe quite a few of those 9 remaining are walk ons or were unlikely to see the field. I feel urgency to be recruiting defensive backs and offering playing time. What does Fleck know that we don't?

He's recruiting plenty of DB's just relax.

Fleck needs to find a minimum of two kids that are ready to play extensively for the upcoming season...

1. We won't find many Fr ready.
2. PJF doesn't care about W/L in season 1.

I wouldn't be shocked if Malik Rucker (former Hawkeye (and Cooper Hawk) and current 4th year JR at WMU) ended up coming here is a grad transfer.

Sucks for Coney, I wish him a speedy recovery. Early playing time should make for an easy sell to CB/DB recruits though.

In theory couldn't help he be back early to mid season?

By my count we had 21 DB's on the 2016 roster. 5 graduated. 5 are currently on suspension. That leaves 11. Ayinde indicated he wasn't coming back, then said he might? Coney is out, at least until fall optimistically. That would make 9 DB's on the roster. 6 of those 9 remaining were Freshmen or RS/FR Kinda curious how we can't be solely targeting DB's with our remaining scholarships? Does it mean Ayinde is coming back and Fleck has received assurances the 5 suspended are likely to be eligible or?

He never indicated he was leaving, some people just misinterpreted his tweet.

He's recruiting plenty of DB's just relax.

Well, low 20's seems to be a roster sweet spot for DB's in the Big Ten. My point is we need 12 new guys on the roster to get there. Or 5 reinstated and 7 new guys or some combination with walkons to add 12 DB's to the roster to total 21. That's all I'm sayin' 12 is a lot to replace.

What makes you say that? I'd say it's more likely than not he'll be back in time for the season.
Yeah, I don't see him playing next year. I would think a red shirt year is in order.

He never indicated he was leaving, some people just misinterpreted his tweet.

Hope that's true! He graded out very high overall for the bowl game according to a stats service site. Obviously, our defense was awesome!

What makes you say that? I'd say it's more likely than not he'll be back in time for the start of the season.

I would be absolutely shocked if he played a snap next season. He probably wouldn't be theoretically cleared to play for 8 months (middle of September).

Even if he could go, we aren't going to be playing a 19 yr old RS FR on a newly reconstructed knee. He's out all of next season.

He'll have about 7 months. Unless it's a freak injury like Bridgewater, I'd be surprised if he redshirted but we'll see.

Hope that's true! He graded out very high overall for the bowl game according to a stats service site. Obviously, our defense was awesome!

It is true. KA4 stated so himself on Twitter that he is coming back. Hopefully he never read GH after the PSU game.

He just hired his DB coach...maybe he was waiting for him to come on board and maybe he expects him to bring some recruits along??

He just hired his DB coach...maybe he was waiting for him to come on board and maybe he expects him to bring some recruits along??

And the DB coach did seem eager! I'm sure PJ has a plan...it's just we need several guys to compete. I'm sure they'll add quality guys!

Top Bottom