Concessions at the first game.

LakerFan

Reaction score
Highlighted to me was the fact that we haven't figured out how to manage concessions at a sellout yet. The vikings did this for a year straight and made it look easy. Somehow we can't staff these to avoid concession lines running from one side of the concourse to the other.

Pregame was fine, but once the game got rolling grabbing a hot dog and a beer would losing you about a half quarter of play time. The exception to this is the plaza where they seem to manage okay.

Also parlour should rethink what they are doing to their brand. I've had their burgers at the restaurants and off their food truck, its always excellent. My wife bought one at the stadium and it looked like a Culver's single that got run over by a truck and left in the warming oven for a week. If they were going for skinny, dry, flavorless, mission accomplished.

Highlighted to me was the fact that we haven't figured out how to manage concessions at a sellout yet. The vikings did this for a year straight and made it look easy. Somehow we can't staff these to avoid concession lines running from one side of the concourse to the other.

Pregame was fine, but once the game got rolling grabbing a hot dog and a beer would losing you about a half quarter of play time. The exception to this is the plaza where they seem to manage okay.

Also parlour should rethink what they are doing to their brand. I've had their burgers at the restaurants and off their food truck, its always excellent. My wife bought one at the stadium and it looked like a Culver's single that got run over by a truck and left in the warming oven for a week. If they were going for skinny, dry, flavorless, mission accomplished.
I rarely buy anything but a beer or two at the games and only venture down to the main concourse if I have to use the restroom. I did notice that they have cut back on the number of vendors on the upper level. They are still selling beer up there, but fewer locations and no food booths, at least on the visitors' side. (I didn't get down to the closed end, maybe there was something there.) Hope that is temporary as the ability to run up top for something quick is a perk of being on the north side and helps keep congestion in the main concourse lower that it might otherwise be.

Disappointed that parlour isn't up to standard. Didn't get over there.

Credit cards being down stadium-wide after the first quarter wasn't great.
Beer selection was improved. There was a very good cider at my section that I enjoyed. Super expensive though.
I didn't eat at the stadium so I can't comment on food.

Mrs. Billd did the concessions this time and said half-time was the worst ever.

I'll note that historically many of the "standard" concession windows are staffed by volunteers. Whether this is some corporate version of Minnesota Nice...with a chunk of the $$$ going to a good cause...I don't know.

It does however have unavoidable inefficiencies, especially if some measure of newbies are doing the 7 or so games a year. Throw in things like computers down or running out of something commonly ordered and the ingredients are there for a poor food experience.

Mrs. Billd did the concessions this time and said half-time was the worst ever.

I'll note that historically many of the "standard" concession windows are staffed by volunteers. Whether this is some corporate version of Minnesota Nice...with a chunk of the $$$ going to a good cause...I don't know.

It does however have unavoidable inefficiencies, especially if some measure of newbies are doing the 7 or so games a year. Throw in things like computers down or running out of something commonly ordered and the ingredients are there for a poor food experience.
The volunteer organizations get paid to run the stands. Its common at arenas and stadiums

2 hot dogs, 2 beers $36 ........ nice profit margin

I rarely use the concessions - they are totally inefficient & overpriced. My grandson tried to buy a pretzel at halftime, unable to get back before the start of the 2nd half, so he got out of line. He tried again midway through the 3rd quarter, still a long line. He finally got his pretzel at the end of the 3rd quarter without missing much of the game. How many other people did they turn away?

I had an overpriced armpit dog (hot dog). A packet of mustard and ketchup were included (I get that during Covid they can't have the condiment stations). Concourse was way too congested.

$9.50 for a domestic beer. I did like that they had beer kiosks set up right in the middle of the concourse though. Made it quick and easy to grab something.

I've said it in other threads......I was way more concerned with getting to the ramp. Huron was backed up all the way over the bridge. I'd estimate that from there to finally getting into the ramp took over an hour. That's outrageous.....and I hope that it was due to the event staff trying to figure out the ticketing.

For all these reasons I eat, drink and pee before the games. Brutal. Thursday I walked to my seats and never left them until we left the game. They need faster service and more on the upper level. They will never need to add seats to the entire stadium. The east end could be very cool with food and beverage options or a bar overlooking the field.

For all these reasons I eat, drink and pee before the games. Brutal. Thursday I walked to my seats and never left them until we left the game. They need faster service and more on the upper level. They will never need to add seats to the entire stadium. The east end could be very cool with food and beverage options or a bar overlooking the field.
Normally I would eat, drink, and pee before the game but with the parking issues Thursday we had no time for that. Took us 1.5 hours to find a parking spot and walk to our seats.

If they added a few concession stands (not just beverage carts) and bathrooms to the top deck it would solve a lot of the overcrowding/lines.

I'm still in line for a Nordeast. Good thing this 50-something-year-old fan with a little gray around the sides and a face weathered by years of sun has his photo ID ready just to speed things up.
Good lord.

Honestly what I think could be cool, but would require a lot of infrastructure, would be mobile ordering of somekind. You pick a place to order from in the stadium, they get the order, and you get an ETA and a unique number. Then you just walk up, show them the number, and get your food (obviously alcohol sales would either be omitted, or you would just show ID when picking up).

Now, for the less tech savy you'd still have traditional ordering, but I do think there are enough fans who would opt to try the mobile ordering if it was a thing to cut down on lines.

Honestly what I think could be cool, but would require a lot of infrastructure, would be mobile ordering of somekind. You pick a place to order from in the stadium, they get the order, and you get an ETA and a unique number. Then you just walk up, show them the number, and get your food (obviously alcohol sales would either be omitted, or you would just show ID when picking up).

Now, for the less tech savy you'd still have traditional ordering, but I do think there are enough fans who would opt to try the mobile ordering if it was a thing to cut down on lines.
The Twins and Disneyworld have that. Works well.

$9.50 for a domestic beer. I did like that they had beer kiosks set up right in the middle of the concourse though. Made it quick and easy to grab something.

I've said it in other threads......I was way more concerned with getting to the ramp. Huron was backed up all the way over the bridge. I'd estimate that from there to finally getting into the ramp took over an hour. That's outrageous.....and I hope that it was due to the event staff trying to figure out the ticketing.
I park in Ramp B by target field and take green line

Avoid traffic, cheaper to park, and train is pretty fast.

I do usually have a post game beer/food at stubs or something to let post game train crowd die down

probably not as hard as we think, there are apps out there they could buy/license and get up and running in no time

I park in Ramp B by target field and take green line

Avoid traffic, cheaper to park, and train is pretty fast.

I do usually have a post game beer/food at stubs or something to let post game train crowd die down

I like the convenience of getting off the freeway and being at the stadium about ten minutes later. Plus my tickets come with the parking pass. This Thursday was some of the worst traffic I've seen around the stadium.....so I'm hoping it is going to be better from here on out.

Walked into stadium 60 minutes before kickoff. Was 3rd in line for concessions and ordered 3 Cokes, 2 hot dogs and one burger for me and my boys....took about 12 minutes. I told the boys they better get everything they want before game starts or they will miss half of it.

I agree that adding more options to the upper concourse is necessary.

combined with a sell out, yeah

Every sell out i've been to it's madness at vendors
Same. It’s annoying but obviously Delaware north or whoever their vendor is wants to sell you shit

I like the convenience of getting off the freeway and being at the stadium about ten minutes later. Plus my tickets come with the parking pass. This Thursday was some of the worst traffic I've seen around the stadium.....so I'm hoping it is going to be better from here on out.
Thursdays are always a mess. We know this. The U does nothing to help the issue.

oh for sure, what works for me doesn't work for everyone. I also live 10 minutes from Ramp B/Target field so it's easy drive for me and cheap uber if I don't park

I used to park at Oak Street with a season pass for long time.

Now I either do what I mentioned, or have wife drop me off, train most of way home, and final stretch in an Uber and I don't have to worry about how many beers I've consumed

Top Bottom