Comedy Routines

I love comedy and this guy is awesome:

Anyone catch Bill Burr on SNL last week? I thought his monologue was terrible. Just rambling lowbrow jokes. Kind of seemed like he was just winging it. I've never seen his standup before, so maybe that's his style. But it seemed very amateurish for someone that's getting more exposure recently. Much better performance from Chris Rock the weekend prior.

Jack White, however, was superb as always.

Anyone catch Bill Burr on SNL last week? I thought his monologue was terrible. Just rambling lowbrow jokes. Kind of seemed like he was just winging it. I've never seen his standup before, so maybe that's his style. But it seemed very amateurish for someone that's getting more exposure recently. Much better performance from Chris Rock the weekend prior.

Jack White, however, was superb as always.
Didn't see it, but I assume he isn't as funny when he can't go blue. He is at his best when he rips on anyone, everyone and anything.

Didn't see it, but I assume he isn't as funny when he can't go blue. He is at his best when he rips on anyone, everyone and anything.
Yeah, I suppose he had to tone it down for network tv. But that's not really my cup o' tea anyway. The angry white guy schtick is so played out. This skit was funny though...best of the night.

Yeah, I suppose he had to tone it down for network tv. But that's not really my cup o' tea anyway. The angry white guy schtick is so played out. This skit was funny though...best of the night.

Not a good episode. Other than the Sam Adams ad, the only other thing worthwhile was Weekend Update (and Jack White).

I am going with David Letterman's Top 10 lists. Consistently funny. Here is the final one:

Not a good episode. Other than the Sam Adams ad, the only other thing worthwhile was Weekend Update (and Jack White).
Hmmm...I thought it was great all the way through WU. One of the better ones in a while. And I'm not a Bill Burr fan.

I'm a big fan of Patton Oswalt. This whole set, My Weakness is Strong, is excellent. This particular bit about he and his wife touring a house is amazing. Warning, very, very NSFW.

I watched one skit and that was enough. Didn't even get to Justin thankfully.
Yeah...I'm usually a staunch SNL defender, but this season has been pretty rough, especially for an election year. Jim Carrey as Biden is just terrible. Cast seems fine, maybe they lost some writers.

Yeah...I'm usually a staunch SNL defender, but this season has been pretty rough, especially for an election year. Jim Carrey as Biden is just terrible. Cast seems fine, maybe they lost some writers.
They had such a strong female cast not that many years ago. Been a huge drop in that category imo.

They had such a strong female cast not that many years ago. Been a huge drop in that category imo.
Maybe across the entire cast, but Kate McKinnon is as funny as anyone on the planet, given the right material.

I think it's as simple as Covid is a tough subject to mine for comedy combined with Trump/Biden fatique. Tough to satirize when the real thing already feels like a skit.

The minimal in studio audience also comes through with a real lack of energy.

Last edited:

I think it's as simple as Covid is a tough subject to mine for comedy combined with Trump/Biden fatique. Tough to satirize when the real thing already feels like a skit.

The minimal in studio audience also comes through with a real lack of energy.
Yeah, that's probably true. Writers probably have a hard time focusing when they're constantly inundated with potential material. Though Baldwin's Trump has been pretty good. But Carrey's Biden is just awful.

Heh, just stumbled across this. Not bad, might have to check out more of this guy.

The legend, Super Dave Osborne. The talk show host wasn't too bad either.

One of my favorite Rick Moranis impressions, "Merv Griffith" hits Mayberry.

Last edited:

Top Bottom