Colorado game predictions

Tom Fornelli has an article up on Sportsline about 5 teams that could cause CFP chaos. The Buffs are one of those teams:

Colorado

I can already hear people telling me they're not national title contenders, but in a world where the Pac-12 still has access to the College Football Playoff, there are three teams in the conference that are all capable of winning it and getting there. The two obvious choices are Oregon and USC. The other team in Washington, which like Oregon, has reached the College Football Playoff before. Well, however serious you consider those three as contenders or not, it doesn't change the fact that Colorado will play all three of them this season.

The Buffs will get USC in early October before finishing the month with a road trip against Oregon. Then, in the penultimate game of the regular season, they'll welcome Washington to Folsom Field. And that's not all! Before the Buffs ever begin Pac-12 play, they'll be heading to Denver to play a neutral site game against Texas A&M during the second week of the season. The Buffs caught the college football world by surprise last season, and they'll have four chances to grab the nation's attention again this season.

I think some people assume this is a PAC 12 team on the level of Oregon State. I don't believe that to be the case.
Really very little insight here other than they play a difficult schedule.

Really very little insight here other than they play a difficult schedule.
Fair enough. The gist of it is that they can't win a title, but they can sure throw a wrench into the mix. They are respectable. And given the Gophers' history of early season struggles under Fleck, they are going to have to play pretty well to win in Boulder.

Fair enough. The gist of it is that they can't win a title, but they can sure throw a wrench into the mix. They are respectable. And given the Gophers' history of early season struggles under Fleck, they are going to have to play pretty well to win in Boulder.
Colorado can ruin your day, or possibly season. ASU has lost to them a few times despite being a better team. They don't have a ton of talent, but they recruit well enough to not be complete afterthoughts and have a few major dudes. Anticipate a physical game where your defensive line and LB's will have to earn their bones, because they want to run until you commit to it.

It's not a Pac 12 contender, but it's the sort of team that will win 6 or 7 games and upset one or two teams they catch slipping.

Our defensive line/linebackers will be a huge factor in this game. Colorado returns the PAC-12 RB of the year. If we can stop their running game, I think this game is ours for the taking. Especially since their QB will be pretty inexperienced.

Top Bottom