College Football Will Be Postponed

COVID is never going away. It's a new cold virus that will continue to circulate. It has now run through most of the vulnerable population, and the death rate will continue to drop.

The faster people come to grips with this reality, the faster we'll go back to normal.

No one said "going away". The word is "under control". I also don't think its run through most of the vulnerable population, thank God.

I’ve had the home opener in 2021 against OSU circled for a while, wonder how spring ball would affect that schedule.

COVID is never going away. It's a new cold virus that will continue to circulate. It has now run through most of the vulnerable population, and the death rate will continue to drop.

The faster people come to grips with this reality, the faster we'll go back to normal.
who are you defining that as? I just ask because, for example, there are about 8 million people who need long term care annually (https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nsltcp/long_term_care_services_2013.pdf). Those populations make up about 8% of cases (361k) but about 40% of deaths. Given that, that leaves a high number of very vulnerable people who have yet to get the disease. Just bringing it up as an example to get at how you're meaning its run through "most" of the vulnerable population when there are a great number of highly vulnerable people who have yet to be exposed (and this comes as LTC facilities are starting to push formalized testing of all their patients)

Last edited:

No one said "going away". The word is "under control". I also don't think its run through most of the vulnerable population, thank God.

Define under control? The whole goal from the beginning was to flatten the curve so that hospitals aren't overrun.

Outside of a few hotspots in the NE and in the South, that's been the case across 95% of the country.

They've been doing spring football...forever. The main issue would be the NFL draft and how it would impact draft eligible players.
They've been doing spring football...forever. The main issue would be the NFL draft and how it would impact draft eligible players.
Little difference in a couple weeks of practice versus a 10 game schedule.

If there is a Spring season, I suspect it will be in the range of 6 to 8 games tops. anything longer, and there is no way you could come back and play a full season in the Fall.

Covid aside, the traditional football injuries would really take a toll. And anyone who sustains a serious football injury in the spring has no chance of playing the Fall season.

Top Bottom