College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread - 2024

Completely agree. It's unfair for this very reason.
Yeah, there absolutely should be a dead period or something right now because it is messed up that teams that are still playing in post season tournaments have to worry about the portal as well.

Keep the portal closed until like March 15th or something and then let the stupidity begin at that point.

Yeah, there absolutely should be a dead period or something right now because it is messed up that teams that are still playing in post season tournaments have to worry about the portal as well.

Do you really feel sorry for any of the teams still playing?

Illinois was playing until this past Saturday but they got a pretty good commitment from a freshman today and it's only April 1st. Seems to me that they're doing all right.

Do you really feel sorry for any of the teams still playing?

Illinois was playing until this past Saturday but they got a pretty good commitment from a freshman today and it's only April 1st. Seems to me that they're doing all right.
It isn't about feeling sorry for those teams, but it isn't right for teams to have to deal with the portal while still playing.

blast from the past
carey booth back in the portal. did consider the U before deciding on PSU, then transferring to Notre dame

his sister played volleyball at the U her frashman year but then transfered to some gawd awful place

dad of course is calvin booth

This would be intriguing. Was a top 75 kids out of HS. Struggled shooting the 3, but has the size and athleticism to play SF, to move Mitchell to 6th man.

He was a Top 100 player coming from high school but he was pretty poor as a freshman at Maryland. It's not like he didn't have his chances; he played 642 minutes.

MD was a mess all season. I'd take a chance on his talent. Plus he's exactly what we've been missing for a while. A larger wing.

Is Nebraska killing it in the NIL world?
Heard that that was part of the issue with Alberts. He didn't embrace NIL and went as far as not allowing coaches to do anything on social media around NIL. New AD seems all in.

Good pickup by Iowa St… they have three good guards coming back but Heide will get plenty of clock

Is Nebraska killing it in the NIL world?
They are losing 6 guys to the portal so they have lots of open roster spots. But yeah, they probably have some NIL available but apparently not enough to keep all their current guys happy. Who knows.

Really hope Payne and JOJ at least have the decency to leave the Big Ten but I know in this day and age players don't care about stuff like that.

Top Bottom