College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Nebraska with a massive W. tOSU falling late. Too many games delayed, too quick of turnarounds?

Nebraska gonna get that auto bid and a team like Rutgers or Indiana will be in the NIT

Wisconsin with two banked shots to end the game and get the win.. Unreal.

Former Gopher great Drew Peterson kinda getting ripped on the broadcast. In other news Arizona is fun to watch

Okay, is this the worst Wisconsin team to ever win a Big Ten title? They are only #24 on Pomeroy and T-Rank and they are behind 3 or 4 other Big Ten teams in the stats. Obviously, they earned it by winning a lot of close games, but come on! Seems like the best Badger teams always finish in the Top 10 of the efficiency stats. How do I know this? Because the Badger message board posters are always giving themselves homemade trophies and handies over such efficiency achievements.

So....is this the worst team they've had win the conference title? (Or even finish in the top 4)? And what does this say about the rest of the Big Ten? I keep thinking the Big Ten must stink but then I look at the rest of college basketball. Who is truly elite? Baylor? Kansas? Kentucky? Auburn? Arizona? Is it an extremely short list? Please help me fill out my future bracket. :)

Okay, is this the worst Wisconsin team to ever win a Big Ten title? They are only #24 on Pomeroy and T-Rank and they are behind 3 or 4 other Big Ten teams in the stats. Obviously, they earned it by winning a lot of close games, but come on! Seems like the best Badger teams always finish in the Top 10 of the efficiency stats. How do I know this? Because the Badger message board posters are always giving themselves homemade trophies and handies over such efficiency achievements.

So....is this the worst team they've had win the conference title? (Or even finish in the top 4)? And what does this say about the rest of the Big Ten? I keep thinking the Big Ten must stink but then I look at the rest of college basketball. Who is truly elite? Baylor? Kansas? Kentucky? Auburn? Arizona? Is it an extremely short list? Please help me fill out my future bracket. :)
Wisconsin has now won 20 titles so you could give a look at the funny sock era or look at Bo Ryan's first B1G title in his first season?

Isn't wins and loses the definition of a good team?

Which is worse, debating which recent Badger championship team is "worst" or us not being able to have the same debate unless you open the window to 50 seasons?

A team that beat St Mary's and Houston in the pre conference and beat MSU and Purdue twice might just be considered pretty good.

They have 1 NBA guy
The rest are roll players,and when each roll player does their job, you become a championship team.
99 % of teams have at least some ,me first guys,not Wisconsin.
BEN TAKE NOTE, GET NO ME 1ST PLAYERS

A-Sun tourney got going yesterday. Central Arkansas, Kennesaw State, Florida Gulf Coast, Lipscomb advance.
In the Horizon, Detroit Mercy, Robert Morris, Oakland, UIC advance.
Patriot has American U and Bucknell getting to play at least one more game.
4 games on tap for the Big South today and OVC with a couple.

They have 1 NBA guy
The rest are roll players,and when each roll player does their job, you become a championship team.
99 % of teams have at least some ,me first guys,not Wisconsin.
BEN TAKE NOTE, GET NO ME 1ST PLAYERS
While this may be tongue and cheek, the U has done well in essentially taking Wisconsin's formula on the football field and turned it into their own success with Fleck and Company. 3 yards and a cloud of dust and solid defense. Bringing in intelligent and high character guys who have bought in. I'm a big believer in what seems like their plan to emulate what Barry Alvarez did for that program. I think Ben will have that same mindset. Plus there's proof Minnesota kids buy into that system. Why not bring it to the U?

Interested in the MVC tourney. Was a very tight conference at the top.
1 seed, Northern Iowa vs TBD
Same with 2 seed Missouri State.
3 seed Drake draws Southern Illinois and 4 seed Loyola gets Bradley.
Drake just finished off the regular season at home against SIU and won 62-60. Now will have to do it again on Friday. Loyola lost to Bradley in their last meeting. Should be a couple of good games.

Also watching the Summit and South Dakota State.

While this may be tongue and cheek, the U has done well in essentially taking Wisconsin's formula on the football field and turned it into their own success with Fleck and Company. 3 yards and a cloud of dust and solid defense. Bringing in intelligent and high character guys who have bought in. I'm a big believer in what seems like their plan to emulate what Barry Alvarez did for that program. I think Ben will have that same mindset. Plus there's proof Minnesota kids buy into that system. Why not bring it to the U?
When you say intelligent and high character people most of us know what you are implying.

Isn't wins and loses the definition of a good team?
I never said anything about Wisconsin not being a very good team. Their road victories prove their merit enough. But, if you are basing everything solely on wins and losses, are the Gophers necessarily better than all teams with fewer victories and worse than all teams that have more? Doesn't strength of schedule and conference account for something?

My "worst Badger champion" post was definitely tongue in cheek. Some here are taking it too seriously.

If the Gophers somehow won the Big Ten next year and a Badger fan, say, deemed them the worst Big Ten champion in history (jokingly or not even), it wouldn't bother me one bit. Not as long as the trophy is being polished up and put in the display case.

(Ha! Some gullible badger fan immediately posted my message on Buckyville. "OMG! Look what they are saying at GH! " LOL! :LOL: )

Last edited:

A-Sun tourney got going yesterday. Central Arkansas, Kennesaw State, Florida Gulf Coast, Lipscomb advance.
In the Horizon, Detroit Mercy, Robert Morris, Oakland, UIC advance.
Patriot has American U and Bucknell getting to play at least one more game.
4 games on tap for the Big South today and OVC with a couple.
Very underwhelmed by Milwaukee and Patrick Baldwin Jr.

Big South Tournament bombshells! (Previously) Five win Charleston Southern beats UNC Asheville, a team that beat them by a combined 42 in their first two meetings this year......79-78 on a buzzer beating putback.

Top Bottom