College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Big Ten today
Illinois @ Iowa

Pretty good game, tied at 22
Iowa now up 31-22
They really pressure on defense. Giving Illinois lots of problems.

Last edited:

Florida just lost to 0-7 Texas Southern by 15. Yikes.
They usually play a brutal pre conference schedule of road games and then win their conference. Mike David still their coach? Former IU coach after Bobby

They usually play a brutal pre conference schedule of road games and then win their conference. Mike David still their coach? Former IU coach after Bobby
No. Looks like Johnny Jones. Davis is now at Detroit Mercy.

Mike DAVIS is the coach of Detroit Mercy, former IU coach. His son Antoine is a very good player FWIW.

A very interesting match up on the horizon. Dec 12th Mississippi State and Colorado State hook up in Ft Worth. It's the next game for both teams.
Minnesota turnovers per game 9.7
Colorado State 9.7
Minnesota offensive rebounds per game 5.3
Colorado State 5.4
Minnesota defensive rebounds per game 29.1
Colorado State 27.8
Minnesota personal fouls per game 13.1 Only 8 teams foul less
Colorado State fouls 14.3
Colorado State shoots it better, but the Gophers put up some really nice numbers in that game.

You would think the Bulldogs would be somewhat prepped. Very curious how the Rams will do.

Last edited:

Mashburne playing like a stud tonight.
10-17 3-3 from 3, 3reb 3 assist, 0 TO, 26pts. Good for him.

Last edited:

Mike White is the Florida coach.

Back in my college days (55 years ago) this would have resulted in a huge court rush by the visitor fans and then an immediate backlash from the home team fans. I guess you could call it a recipe for an all out rivalry brawl.

The Casey O'Brien and PJ Fleck hug still part of the opening for Jimmy V week.

I love that Texas Southern does this every year. I think it was Coppin State years back that did this too.

Look at this years non-conference schedule

at Oregon
at St. Mary's
at Washington
at Air Force
at NC State
at BYU
at La. Tech
at Florida
at UT-RGV
at Cincy
at TCU

I love that Texas Southern does this every year. I think it was Coppin State years back that did this too.

Look at this years non-conference schedule

at Oregon
at St. Mary's
at Washington
at Air Force
at NC State
at BYU
at La. Tech
at Florida
at UT-RGV
at Cincy
at TCU
IIRC they took out one of Clem's teams at the Barn sometime during the 90's.

Tennessee-Texas Tech one of the uglier games I’ve seen in a while. Especially considering they’re both supposed to be solid. Going on 8+ min without a field goal by either team. TT dude just air balled a free throw that was at least a foot from hitting iron

Wow. Oklahoma tossed up a prayer three pointer to tie the game against Butler. Even though OK had a ten point lead going into the second half.

Tennessee-Texas Tech one of the uglier games I’ve seen in a while. Especially considering they’re both supposed to be solid. Going on 8+ min without a field goal by either team. TT dude just air balled a free throw that was at least a foot from hitting iron
The game went into OT and still no one broke 60. The box score makes it look like an absolutely ugly game as well. Tennessee 6 for 40 from 3…

Big Ten today
Indiana @ wisconsin
Wagner @ Penn State
Towson @ Ohio State
Michigan State @ Minnesota

wisconsin 64 Indiana 59
Penn State 74 Wagner 54
Ohio State 85 Towson 74
Michigan State 75 Minnesota 67

Last edited:

Dang Towson has a tough schedule

Edit: Eh, on second thought, the reason I recognized them was because they played Pitt and New Mexico, not exactly barn burners.

But they did play San Francisco and now Ohio State so not a terrible nonconference schedule.

No one mentioned that Nebraska lost by 35 at home last night to Michigan. 102-67

Wisconsin getting worked early. Release the zebras.

Wisconsin look BAD.

Which is why they’ll come back and win somehow.

Top Bottom