College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

Caught the last 5 minutes of Purdue-Villanova. Yeah, Purdue looks pretty good on both ends of the court.

UST another win… ball movement clinic. Fun to watch. Went to the Gophers Friday great showing. Watched two UST games great showing

Princeton gets the road win against Oregon State, 81-80. OSU Now 1-4, Tre' Williams scoresd 11 off the bench.
Tigers boosting the Gophers RPI, NET, BPI, ABC, and XYZ!

Tennessee pounds UNC. Former ‘21 Gopher target Zakai Ziegler looked great while scoring 18. Garcia and Walton team up for 4 points for the Heels.

Tennessee pounds UNC. Former ‘21 Gopher target Zakai Ziegler looked great while scoring 18. Garcia and Walton team up for 4 points for the Heels.
Garcia had a big game against Purdue but Walton 2 for 13 against Purdue and Tennessee

Michigan (3-1) in action tonight against Arizona (4-0) Their second game in Las Vegas.

Michigan has not been impressive this year so far. Arizona is taking care of them through 20 minutes.

Princeton gets the road win against Oregon State, 81-80. OSU Now 1-4, Tre' Williams scoresd 11 off the bench.
Tigers boosting the Gophers RPI, NET, BPI, ABC, and XYZ!

Tre made a mistake by leaving. Through five games.....he's averaging three less minutes per game than when he was a freshman here. Five and a half less than last year. Would have logged big minutes on this team.

Michigan has not been impressive this year so far. Arizona is taking care of them through 20 minutes.

Tre made a mistake by leaving. Through five games.....he's averaging three less minutes per game than when he was a freshman here. Five and a half less than last year. Would have logged big minutes on this team.
I'd rather have Stephens and Loewe is about a push IMO.

Nobody cares,he left, gone we shut the door on him.

Watching the Wichita/UNLV game and a name from the Shockers jumped out at me. Kenny Pohto. Was one of the Gophers targets last year. 6'11" center from Kansas. 3/6 so far....including 2/5 from three. Seems like he could develop into a really skilled big man.

Maybe. But something tells me his and Ben's style would not have clicked. After two full years, he didn't get better at decision making and team ball. It looked like he wanted to be a go to guy and that is never going to happen.

Maybe. But something tells me his and Ben's style would not have clicked. After two full years, he didn't get better at decision making and team ball. It looked like he wanted to be a go to guy and that is never going to happen.

Guess who knows. But we currently run about a four guard rotation with spot minutes for other guys. Loewe (38.3), Willis (35.3), and Stephens (36) are all seeing stupid high minutes while Sutherlin clocks in another 18.3. I'd find it hard to believe Tre wouldn't pull solid playing time here.

Guess who knows. But we currently run about a four guard rotation with spot minutes for other guys. Loewe (38.3), Willis (35.3), and Stephens (36) are all seeing stupid high minutes while Sutherlin clocks in another 18.3. I'd find it hard to believe Tre wouldn't pull solid playing time here.
Sutherlin's minutes will go way up. I'd say he's closer to 25-28 by the end of the year. I'd also argue Thiam will spell the guards 4 - 8 minutes a game as he gets acclimated (hopefully more).

I'd much rather have Thiam over Tre. I get that, in theory, we could have had both. Tre would have for sure gotten some clock, but it would have been in a similar role as Thiam. I doubt Tre would have been happy with that, so it's probably for the better he departed.

Sutherlin's minutes will go way up. I'd say he's closer to 25-28 by the end of the year. I'd also argue Thiam will spell the guards 4 - 8 minutes a game as he gets acclimated (hopefully more).

I'd much rather have Thiam over Tre. I get that, in theory, we could have had both. Tre would have for sure gotten some clock, but it would have been in a similar role as Thiam. I doubt Tre would have been happy with that, so it's probably for the better he departed.

I highly doubt Tre's minutes would have fallen from around 18.6 to under 5. Just doesn't track. Look...I like Loewe....but he's averaging around 38 minutes per game. I don't see how anyone can make the argument that Tre wouldn't have been a heavy rotation guy.

Watching the first few minutes of the Wisconsin/Texas A&M game right now. A&M up early 13-2. There's no reason why the Gophers couldn't finish above the Badgers this year. Not saying they will or should. But this Badgers team is not good. Boring, slow offense in which they run clock and then throw up a prayer.

Tre was very sloppy with the ball, very lackadaisical in my opinion. This would not set well with this coaching staff. I think it would have led to discord in the locker room if his minutes went down. Much rather have the players we signed. Let Sutherlin fill that role. He’s a much better finisher than Tre.

Watching the first few minutes of the Wisconsin/Texas A&M game right now. A&M up early 13-2. There's no reason why the Gophers couldn't finish above the Badgers this year. Not saying they will or should. But this Badgers team is not good. Boring, slow offense in which they run clock and then throw up a prayer.
This held up well.

I thought the same thing watching them play against Providence. Johnny Davis was out though and maybe one other player that could have helped.

Nothing changed. Wisconsin is not very good. They have a boring, throw it around the arc and huck up a shot offense. They got fortunate that A&M went cold.
A&M actually stunk, they don't do much on offense, basically weave until one of the wings decides to take it to the hoop. Wisconsin didn't impress me much, Davison actually kept them in the game untill they got going. That's the best I've seen him play.

Top Bottom