College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

All good info thanks. Maybe I'm just scratching my head as to what others like the MWC tier schools were NOT seeing at the time. You had guys like Tim Miles who was at NDSU from 01-07 and moved up. Bottom line is he is back in the NCAA tournament again (he did it also in 2018 w/ Wright State I think).
I'd take Nagy over Miles, Pitino, etc

Without their starting PG. Providence overrated compared to their net and kenpom
who knows if they are over-rated. I've said similar so many times and then have learned. . .it's just one game. But Creighton pretty much killed them today. We'll see. Next week every game can be a surprise.

who knows if they are over-rated. I've said similar so many times and then have learned. . .it's just one game. But Creighton pretty much killed them today. We'll see. Next week every game can be a surprise.
Ranked 11th in the AP poll, 47th now in kenpom and net rankings. It is just one game, but their ap poll ranking has been too high compared to advanced metrics. biggest disparity of any team.

I'm sure it was mentioned and I missed it, but Pitino and Iona lost a tough one yesterday to Rider, who went on to lose today to Monmouth. I kind of wish these lower tier conf top teams would take care of business in their conf tourney. I suppose those teams would likely lose anyway in first round of bigger tourney, but for the auto bid situations, I'd rather we see the team who was best during the full season.

For the major conferences, I actually think it's no harm for top teams to bow out early in their conf tourney. They go home, practice and gear up for what matters. B1G for instance, doesn't wrap up until Selection Sunday.

I think the conf tourneys are more of a chance to see teams we don't normally watch. That part is great.

Down 7 in the first half and Painter is playing a guy who hasn't scored since January. Guy comes in and hits a bucket right away. Take some notes Ben!

I'm sure it was mentioned and I missed it, but Pitino and Iona lost a tough one yesterday to Rider, who went on to lose today to Monmouth. I kind of wish these lower tier conf top teams would take care of business in their conf tourney. I suppose those teams would likely lose anyway in first round of bigger tourney, but for the auto bid situations, I'd rather we see the team who was best during the full season.

For the major conferences, I actually think it's no harm for top teams to bow out early in their conf tourney. They go home, practice and gear up for what matters. B1G for instance, doesn't wrap up until Selection Sunday.

I think the conf tourneys are more of a chance to see teams we don't normally watch. That part is great.
They choose how their auto bid is used. They could give it to the regular season champion if they wanted to.

They choose how their auto bid is used. They could give it to the regular season champion if they wanted to.
Fair enough. My point though, is about the team that did well during the pre and conf season and preferring they'd finish the job, not about how the conference governs. The good news is there will still be upsets, at least on Thurs/Frid of the first weekend.

If Purdue can play this kind of defense in the NCAAs, they're going to be alright.

Had to take off during the Michigan State/wisconsin game with about 15 minutes left.
Just was able to check the final.
SUH WEET!
This is the best thing that can happen to Wisconsin.

Play a tough, hard nosed game. Then get ready for the only tournament that matters.

The big 10 tourney is the joke of the century. All of the tournaments this week are.

Without their starting PG. Providence overrated compared to their net and kenpom
They’ve been hit pretty hard in NET and KenPom for playing so many close games. At the start of the day they were 26 in NET and 35 in KenPom. That’s worse than one would expect for a 25-4 team with 14 Q1/Q2 wins (good for 6th most in the country at the beginning of the day.)

This is the best thing that can happen to Wisconsin.

Play a tough, hard nosed game. Then get ready for the only tournament that matters.

The big 10 tourney is the joke of the century. All of the tournaments this week are.
Whether it be exhibition, non-conference, conference, Big Ten tourney, it's a fruitless task to attempt to steal my joy at wisconsin losing.

Whether it be exhibition, non-conference, conference, Big Ten tourney, it's a fruitless task to attempt to steal my joy at wisconsin losing.
Oh, I wanted them to lose, also.

It's just that I think it actually helps them. That somewhat pisses me off.

The best thing to have happened would have them play 3 straight games, lose on Sunday, and then be a little more drained heading into next week.

Apparently St Louis players felt the need to trash talk the St Bonaventure cheerleaders. Nesbitt is a freshman for St Louis.

Top Bottom