College Basketball 2021-2022 Thread

It was a joy sitting in a gaggle of buckeye fans as their team pissed 😤 away another lead and cursed their coach for not having Malaki in the game! What kind of coach doesn’t keep his best players on the floor?😋
This, and last year's 1st round NCAA exit as a 2-seed. Pretty unceremonious. I'd be a little restless if I were them, too.

This, and last year's 1st round NCAA exit as a 2-seed. Pretty unceremonious. I'd be a little restless if I were them, too.
For at least a generation OSU has underperformed in post season based on seed and/or talent. Thad Matta had a lot of good teams that always seemed to lose a game earlier than they should have, including the year they went to national championship game. They could have won that one but it was a pretty even match up with Florida I think.

So Northwestern scored 76 points yesterday. That ties for the 2nd most they ever have put up in the 25 year history of the Big 10 Tourney.

And yet they lost by 36.

Indiana up 1 on Illinois with 6 to go. This one might decide their NCAA fate one way or the other

Indiana up 1 on Illinois with 6 to go. This one might decide their NCAA fate one way or the other

I'd say they're in! Love it. Illinois is the conference team that almost no one could feel sorry for after an upset.

Illinois lost this one
Played to lose,and did !!
Big Ten wanted to be sure Indiana gets in Tournament
Very shaky with the ball down the stretch. Had a chance to make a layup and did not.

No flagrant on Murray he's a no touch guy, BS , Big Ten sure can find a way to protect its guys.

Pure BS !!!
No announcers, they did not get it right,
Those dipshit announcers have no balls,they always agree with the call.

FWIW -
I was riding my exercise bike listening to a radio station from Iowa. Normally a classic-rock format. at Noon, they switched over to the Iowa Men's Basketball pre-game show.

Among other things, I learned that Iowa is the best-conditioned team in the B1G and has the best trainers, which is why they are ready to play 4 games in 4 days.

FWIW -
I was riding my exercise bike listening to a radio station from Iowa. Normally a classic-rock format. at Noon, they switched over to the Iowa Men's Basketball pre-game show.

Among other things, I learned that Iowa is the best-conditioned team in the B1G and has the best trainers, which is why they are ready to play 4 games in 4 days.

Furthermore Iowa and # 3 have now become my 2nd most hated team behind the wis whiner team

UAB, if they make it, could be a dangerous mid-major in the tournament.

I sure hope Big Ten announcers agree with everything called in the Wisconsin game.
If not it would be the 1st time EVER !

3 minutes into the game, and already Izzo is whining.

In this day and age how do two teams go a full half without a 3 point field goal made?

edit: one made after 24 minutes

Last edited:

Izzo = crybaby
Commies = team of crybabies
Only missing the other embarrassment in Fran McCryfry. But he's moving on. So we'll get more if him along with one of these.

Dinkison grabbing his nuts! Trying to flop like a duke pansy. How is this play under review?

Salary was definitely a part of it. And there wasn't anything bad behind the scenes, but after 21 years there, plus hiring a new AD in '09, the two sides drifted apart.

Their choice was give Nagy a significant bump, or go with the younger up and coming Otzelberger, and they chose the latter.
All good info thanks. Maybe I'm just scratching my head as to what others like the MWC tier schools were NOT seeing at the time. You had guys like Tim Miles who was at NDSU from 01-07 and moved up. Bottom line is he is back in the NCAA tournament again (he did it also in 2018 w/ Wright State I think).

So I had Creighton down for the count when they lost Nembhard a few games ago. Nice coaching job and players have really stepped up.

Top Bottom