Collection of tweets after Gophers win

Matt Birk is a great dude. He went to Nativity and Cretin, so he is, by default, a great person. He also does an immense amount for charity. I get his politics don't align with everyone's but if our professional athletes, on average, did as much for other people as Matt Birk has done, the world would be a much better place.

That said, his take on the Gopher game is awful and flew right over his head. His use of "beta" was also kind of "cringe".

Matt Birk may be a great person, but he is incredibly dumb on certain topics and if everyone in society had an ego as large as him we would run out of oxygen

Matt Birk is a very selfish person who only thinks of himself. In addition, he clearly isn't a Gopher Fan at all. Move back to the east coast if you think Harvard Hartford is so great.
Fixed it

Canceled my subscription to that rag 8 or 9 years ago. Which is sad because for many that have relocated to various parts of the country, there was a time when it was a great link to stay in touch with the home country. No longer, and that's unfortunate...
I had a mail subscription for over 20 years mainly to keep up on my home town sports teams including the Gophers. I had it mailed to Alaska, California and Washington State. At the end I was pretty much only reading Sid’s column.

Matt Birk may be a great person, but he is incredibly dumb on certain topics and if everyone in society had an ego as large as him we would run out of oxygen
By dumb, I'm sure you're referring to the fact that you personally disagree with him on things that don't have a right or wrong answer.

As far as ego, sure, maybe he has a big ego because he spoke up about things he believes. Do you feel the same way about people speaking up similar topics if their opinions align with yours? Most people who have those massive egos have also accomplished a ton of things, so if that ego came with Birk's accomplishments, we'd be fine on oxygen.

By dumb, I'm sure you're referring to the fact that you personally disagree with him on things that don't have a right or wrong answer.

As far as ego, sure, maybe he has a big ego because he spoke up about things he believes. Do you feel the same way about people speaking up similar topics if their opinions align with yours? Most people who have those massive egos have also accomplished a ton of things, so if that ego came with Birk's accomplishments, we'd be fine on oxygen.
For instance, his tweet was dumb

has nothing to do with politics at all. Not everything has to do with politics. Not everyone who disagrees with you is a fascist

Ego is ego, just because someone has accomplished things which society elevates over other things, doesn't justify the ego. For example, someone who graduates law school is not justified in their ego-fulness.

Ego is ego, just because someone has accomplished things which society elevates over other things, doesn't justify the ego. For example, someone who graduates law school is not justified in their ego-fulness.
No one said it justifies their ego. It explains the ego and with people who accomplish a lot of things, the good (accomplishing a lot of things) outweighs the bad (is a good person but has a big ego). So yes, I'll take someone who does good things their entire life and make have an inflated ego to people who don't accomplish anything. Like everything in life, it's a balancing act. If the same inflated ego was found on someone who is a burden on society, that ego would be more problematic.

As far as graduating law school being a justification for a large ego, sure. It's just like any other advanced degree other than medical school. It's really not that difficult. That said, there is this weird thing that happens with a law school degree where people who didn't go to law school shoehorn it into conversations all of the time. When their weird obsession forces them to shoehorn it into mundane conversations, it becomes clear they are threatened by it. It's odd because as we talked about, it really isn't that big of deal. The world is FULL of lawyers. But yeah, those types certainly feel threatened by it.

IIRC his claim to fame was/ is reporting on the Twins? It appears the knowledge stops there.

The Reusse-esque too cool for school tweet may have triggered me. I just don’t understand sports writers, I guess, if they don’t like sports. Its wierd, man. Do something else.

I accidently caught Fox 9 news last night.....and that may have been the first time I've seen Doogie in live action. Guy has the personality of a wet paper bag. Who decided that it would be a good idea to put him on camera?
It's kinda funny this stupid I hate Doogie stuff when he's probably one of the few MN sports media members that talks highly of the Gophers.

I kinda equate hating Doogie to hating Nickelback cause it's cool 🥴

It's kinda funny this stupid I hate Doogie stuff when he's probably one of the few MN sports media members that talks highly of the Gophers.

I kinda equate hating Doogie to hating Nickelback cause it's cool 🥴

I don't "hate" Doogie. But he takes cheap shots like everyone else.

And I don't hate Nickelback either.

Top Bottom