Collection of tweets after Gophers win

Started (basically) his career on a high note (first start in the 2016 Holiday Bowl in a BIG upset where we were massive (14.5 point if I remember correctly) underdogs).....and he's going out (almost....bowl game) on top with the Axe.

Gotta feel good.
Yup, I rewatched a condensed replay of the WSU Holiday Bowl game earlier this week and Durr was outstanding from the get-go.

Not debating that at all.
He is banged up. And had been playing well banged up until yesterday
Think he aggravated it in 1st half. Kind of limped off after a carry but no excuse. As others have said, we are using backs 3 and 4 or 4 and 5.

The pro Wisconsin Strib can’t handle the loss, no surprise. They can’t go out of business fast enough

I’ve never heard of the guy, but clicked/read some of his recent tweets and he sounds more like random “dumbass fan“ than a paid and trained writer for a major newspaper. A bizarre take. His Twitter is not a parody account of a real writer, as far as I can tell?

I’ve never heard of the guy, but clicked/read some of his recent tweets and he sounds more like random “dumbass fan“ than a paid and trained writer for a major newspaper. A bizarre take. His Twitter is not a parody account of a real writer, as far as I can tell?
Got the blue check mark so it's him. Has been surprising to see his takes on Gopher football. Lost a lot of respect for the guy seeing as he is trying to get in with the "cool" crowd of aholes in the local media.

Idiots like this low life are exactly who Nick Saban was ranting about. This scumbag covers sports for a living and he is pretending to not understand that you win some and you lose some.

PJ is paid to win football games and he is doing it at a better rate and in bigger moments than anyone in my lifetime and it's not even close. Being a really good coach doesn't mean you win every week or even that your team plays really well every week.

The sports media in this town is a joke. They think cynicism makes them look intelligent. It usually works with the Gophers because the casual fans understand so little about college sports but to anyone who actually has a basic understanding of college sports they are transparent. They are just hacks. Lavelle is also a uniquely hilarious level of loser in his real life (shocking how those things go hand in hand).

Always remember, Lavelle Neal spends his evenings drinking alone in a dumpy vomit-scented dive bar simping for fat trashy chicks in bikinis who are cooking frozen pizza.

Gotta give you props. That last sentence is some "A" level trolling.

Got the blue check mark so it's him. Has been surprising to see his takes on Gopher football. Lost a lot of respect for the guy seeing as he is trying to get in with the "cool" crowd of aholes in the local media.

Lavelle and others explain why we (and more and more) often get better insight and takes from the aggregated wisdom of posters here. Is he new to writing?

The difference between him and a random fan is a random fan probably knows slightly more about football and isn’t getting paid

I listened to Barreiro this morning just to see this losers angle. I rarely listen to the this clown. He ranted and raved about what the hell Wisconsin was doing and he finally saw a coach more conservative than Fleck, in Chryst.

I listened about 20 minutes and pulled the plug. His sidekick was a badger fan. I will tune it to Mackey and Judd on Monday.

I listened to Barreiro this morning just to see this losers angle. I rarely listen to the this clown. He ranted and raved about what the hell Wisconsin was doing and he finally saw a coach more conservative than Fleck, in Chryst.

I listened about 20 minutes and pulled the plug. His sidekick was a badger fan. I will tune it to Mackey and Judd on Monday.

Yep, he started asking why we rushed the field for tying for 2nd in the West. Like he hasn't been here long enough to understand the context of the rivalry and all the pain Gopher fans have experienced. What an absolute tool.

Yep, he started asking why we rushed the field for tying for 2nd in the West. Like he hasn't been here long enough to understand the context of the rivalry and all the pain Gopher fans have experienced. What an absolute tool.
I’m not sure if they don’t get college football or if they know most of their audience doesn’t get college football so they play to that. It’s one of the two.

Minnesota just beat their biggest rival at home for the first time in 18 years. Finished ahead of their biggest rival in the standings for the first time in 18 years. Just had their second winning season in conference play in 3 years for the second time since the 60s. Just had their 8th winning season in conference play in the last 51 seasons.

Lavelle and others explain why we (and more and more) often get better insight and takes from the aggregated wisdom of posters here. Is he new to writing?
You are just playing dumb on not knowing who he is, right?

You are just playing dumb on not knowing who he is, right?

I haven’t lived in MN for decades so no. I was shocked when I read his Twitter.

I guess I expect more.

Are we sure some of the trolls here aren’t professional sports journalists?

I guess I expect more.

Wouldn’t shock me if some journalists have accounts and occasionally post. It would shock me if they were trolls though. I always picture trolls to be some sort of societal reject. I wouldn’t say that journalists fit that mold.

I guess I expect more.

He's been the Twins beat writer for 23 years.

He's been the Twins beat writer for 23 years.

Yeah his Twins knowledge was unprecedented. But it was crazy how nearly every story had misspellings and errors. For a professional baseball writer - and someone who myself wrote on very tight deadlines - I just find that lazy and mind blowing.

Yeah his Twins knowledge was unprecedented. But it was crazy how nearly every story had misspellings and errors. For a professional baseball writer - and someone who myself wrote on very tight deadlines - I just find that lazy and mind blowing.
His Twins knowledge and insights were lazy and shallow. He often literally couldn't name the entire bullpen or the Twins top 10 minor leaguers.

Yeah his Twins White Sox knowledge was unprecedented. But it was crazy how nearly every story had misspellings and errors. For a professional baseball writer - and someone who myself wrote on very tight deadlines - I just find that lazy and mind blowing.
He's always been a Sox fan who begrudgingly covers the Twins.

Let's say Michigan had 3 losses heading into yesterday's game. I'm sure beating OSU like they did, they'd have kept their butts firmed seated in the stands. LMAO

Ha, I had a few moments while one of them was pooping
I couldn't handle it anymore the last time I babysat. My youngest grandson smiled. I followed with gags! There ought to be a law about grandpas changing full diapers! :sick:

Last edited:

I guess I expect more.

Are we sure some of the trolls here aren’t professional sports journalists

I guess I expect more.

Reusse sure seems to know a lot about Gopherhole posters…..makes you wonder????

Top Bottom