Cole Kramer

fmlizard

Reaction score
First, this isn't the "bench Tanner Morgan" thread. He stunk today, but he's done a lot for this program and the problems today were far from his alone. Protection was as bad as I've seen it in years, and probably the worst given the talent level of the opponent. Receivers clearly were not separating on the plays when he did have time.

But Cole Kramer was the lone bright spot on offense today, and really flashed a different look in the Wildcat...a runner who could also throw. Is he the QB2, or is it Annexstad or Clark? And what do we know about him as a thrower? I think it's clear he has a situational role going forward, but do we think he's got a future as the starter?

Well not like Morgan and throw only 59 yards passing? Let’s just put a new qb in the season is up in the air let’s get the younger guys some experience for once
They have no chance at a B10 west title, hopefully we will see it in a few games.

Imagine thinking Tanner Morgan is an NFL talent....

My take: Morgan deserves heat…it comes with being qb. I will not apologize for his play. However, I think the issues run deeper. When he scrambled it looked like the receivers were stuck in mud. How about moving to open space? It’s all a mess. But who knows? I’ve been wrong before on an occasion or two.

Kramer is a lot more mobile than Morgan. Kramer is comparable to Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Prescott or Josh Allen mobility wise.

Morgan is similar to Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Nick Foles, Neil ODonnell or Captain Kirk, a statue who can’t outrun a DT.

With A offense that runs the ball 80% of the time, it would be nice to have a QB who is at least a minor threat to run. You could always bring Morgan in for 3rd and 21 situations.

Leidner was able to run better than Nelson was and that’s what won out as time went on.

I want to win the west. We aren't winning the west this year.

Therefore, I'd love to try the next qb.

It will never happen though.

Kramer is a lot more mobile than Morgan. Kramer is comparable to Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, Prescott or Josh Allen mobility wise.

Morgan is similar to Philip Rivers, Tom Brady, Nick Foles, Neil ODonnell or Captain Kirk, a statue who can’t outrun a DT.

With A offense that runs the ball 80% of the time, it would be nice to have a QB who is at least a minor threat to run. You could always bring Morgan in for 3rd and 21 situations.

Leidner was able to run better than Nelson was and that’s what won out as time went on.
Yes, but the exception should be Captain Kirk, as he had the super superior intellect and reasoning ability, PLUS the sexual charisma that transcended species. That has got to be worth 17 points a game!

The mods keep deleting the Leidner posts. I wonder if there is some sort of legal threat regarding posts on a past gopher player.
I don't mind it that they do. I never asked for it by the way. Leidner was a quarterback on the team. He did the best that he was able to do. Why trash a nice guy where we really didn't have a better option? He could have gone elsewhere in the first place. Lets appreciate what we have and go from there.

If we are going to rely so heavily on running the ball maybe an option qb would be for the best.
I’m not sure if this comment was made in jest, but it really would help the offense to have a QB who pulls the ball in and runs it more often. That 20+ keeper by Morgan early is a good example, he seemed afraid to do that again though after he fumbled. They don’t need to do it a lot but a half dozen or so times a game would at least give the defenses something more to think about.

Got his pjs pulled down.
I don't mind it that they do. I never asked for it by the way. Leidner was a quarterback on the team. He did the best that he was able to do. Why trash a nice guy where we really didn't have a better option? He could have gone elsewhere in the first place. Lets appreciate what we have and go from there.
it’s apt.

I’m not sure if this comment was made in jest, but it really would help the offense to have a QB who pulls the ball in and runs it more often. That 20+ keeper by Morgan early is a good example, he seemed afraid to do that again though after he fumbled. They don’t need to do it a lot but a half dozen or so times a game would at least give the defenses something more to think about.
Not in jest.

It has been said in these forums many times, that a very, very high percentage of those plays are designed RPOs, not a read option- where the quarterback is to decide hand off or run himself... Correct? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me with the X's and O's can confirm.

My take: Morgan deserves heat…it comes with being qb. I will not apologize for his play. However, I think the issues run deeper. When he scrambled it looked like the receivers were stuck in mud. How about moving to open space? It’s all a mess. But who knows? I’ve been wrong before on an occasion or two.
Sanford is poison to any NFL aspirants. He is lowering the draft rankings of Gopher NFL prospects.

Even the pros have switched qb's even after a successful year. What qb on the roster could perform as an option qb.

Even the pros have switched qb's even after a successful year. What qb on the roster could perform as an option qb.
Kramer. And at this point, I think Annexstad might be an improvement as a shot gun RPO QB. We just aren’t throwing much; there has to be a reason. Can’t expect a “passing” QB to flourish if he simply hands the ball off 75-80% of the time. Loses confidence; loses touch; gets cold.

Last edited:

Well not like Morgan and throw only 59 yards passing? Let’s just put a new qb in the season is up in the air let’s get the younger guys some experience for once
Hope you’re not serious. Tomorrow is not promised for anyone.

Who knows what tomorrow brings? In a world where few hearts survive. All I know is the way I feel is real.

Ryan Burns, if you’re on here, ask PJ why the gophers are skewing so hard towards the run this year. Do they not trust Morgan and their receivers?

Top Bottom