Coack K Wants to End Season

Definitely not a Duke or K fan, but I get his point and it's based of the same stuff as Bila's rant during the game. Optics are terrible though. I'd like to see if he truly believes it, then pull the plug or pause your program.

This year will be worse and harder for teams with many new members to gel. Kids weren't able to get on campuses this summer, they mostly started practices late, many programs got paused cause of covid. It'll be interesting to see how teams develop throughout this year.

Definitely not a Duke or K fan, but I get his point and it's based of the same stuff as Bila's rant during the game. Optics are terrible though. I'd like to see if he truly believes it, then pull the plug or pause your program.

This year will be worse and harder for teams with many new members to gel. Kids weren't able to get on campuses this summer, they mostly started practices late, many programs got paused cause of covid. It'll be interesting to see how teams develop throughout this year.
Coach K is just mad because rather than watch his 3 usual top 10 nba picks beat up on everybody, for once he might actually have to coach this year!

Coach K is just mad because rather than watch his 3 usual top 10 nba picks beat up on everybody, for once he might actually have to coach this year!
Lol again terrible terrible optics. I'm all for a fair Coach K bashing from time to time. Again I'm not a fan, but respect what he's done. Agree he doesn't do much coaching now a days.

Lol again terrible terrible optics. I'm all for a fair Coach K bashing from time to time. Again I'm not a fan, but respect what he's done. Agree he doesn't do much coaching now a days.
Haha your right. I'm not a fan either, but he has been good for college basketball. I just couldnt resist the shot!

And he's not wrong by his statements. People don't like him so they will find a way to take jabs. I'm not a fan either, but based on what I saw on ESPN..
1. He is for making sure there is a tournament.
2. He thinks the leagues are pushing too hard for game in early season.
3. Thinks this is a year that players should be at home with family for the holidays
4. Yes it deflects from his team losing
5. All can be true

Did people watch IND and FSU? The literally have hockey plexiglass around the arena like that is going to magically stop a virus. The scorer's table looked like a COVID ward at a hospital with the PPE people are wearing. Money and lengths the leagues are going to, to get games in is ridiculous.

No one wants to be the one to stop things during the pandemic. Everyone looks to the person above them for leadership. Right now the people at the top are failing.

And he's not wrong by his statements. People don't like him so they will find a way to take jabs. I'm not a fan either, but based on what I saw on ESPN..
3. Thinks this is a year that players should be at home with family for the holidays
5. All can be true

Did people watch IND and FSU? The literally have hockey plexiglass around the arena like that is going to magically stop a virus. The scorer's table looked like a COVID ward at a hospital with the PPE people are wearing. Money and lengths the leagues are going to, to get games in is ridiculous.

No one wants to be the one to stop things during the pandemic. Everyone looks to the person above them for leadership. Right now the people at the top are failing.
So go against CDC rules?

5. All can be true

I agree with this post, and I say that as someone who absolutely hates Duke/K. Hate, hate, hate. HATER, guilty.

The title of this thread is misleading, he did not say "the season should end." Re-evaluated, yes, which can mean paused, shortened, delayed all while still getting in some form season leading up to an NCAA Tourney,

Coach K got his “pause”. Duke canceled their remaining 3 non-conference games but will play a conference game on December 16.

Alabama Coach Oats not a fan of K's position here.

For most teams, a former top 15 recruit who is a sophomore that averages 19 and 8 is going to be the best player.
Lol, ok bro. You know how many top 15 players never make the league? Or end up being trash? Also, he wouldn't even be OUR best player

I’m happy K got taken down by two BTN teams this year. I’ll be happier if Iowa takes down Gonzaga.

K is a hypocrite.
He hides behind the academic aura of Duke to field teams of 'student athletes' who have little or no plans for an education.
Calipari is a sleaze but he does not hide it.
U of KY is a school that has no academic aspirations and were open about making a pact with the Devil to get recognition using the basket ball team.

Speaking truth to power. Way to go, Coach Oats!

Oats comes off as a weasel, in my opinion. He has the reporter say it instead of saying what he actually thinks. Ooh, tough guy.

Lol, ok bro. You know how many top 15 players never make the league? Or end up being trash? Also, he wouldn't even be OUR best player
I'd guess the number of top 15 players who also average 19 and 8 that don't make the league are few and far between. And if you end up doing what Hurt has done this year or last, you already are much better than "trash." He wouldn't be our best player but with how Carr is playing, there are only a handful of guys in the country who if they joined our team would be the best player.

Hurt is a good player and playing well for them. The reason they are struggling isn't because he is their best player, it's because he is playing with 6 freshman in their first major action and his counterpart, sophomore Wendell Moore has been tremendously disappointing and gives them nothing who was expected to be much better.

Oats comes off as a weasel, in my opinion. He has the reporter say it instead of saying what he actually thinks. Ooh, tough guy.

Way bigger weasels than Oats, who got the message out that almost everyone else is thinking. Sorry, but I am not buying for a minute that K called for major pullback for the benefit of people or the game. He did it because his team has been damaged with limited practice time, summer workouts, etc. Just like everyone else, I might add.

Way bigger weasels than Oats, who got the message out that almost everyone else is thinking. Sorry, but I am not buying for a minute that K called for major pullback for the benefit of people or the game. He did it because his team has been damaged with limited practice time, summer workouts, etc. Just like everyone else, I might add.

Yeah, imagine if after getting dominated pitino or any other big ten coach called for the season to be postponed in the post game presser.

No doubt there are bigger weasels than Oats, and perhaps the biggest one resides in Durham. But, I still don't think he's wrong. The father of the Gopher's Men's Basketball Coach was saying the same things back in October.

Also, K did not bring this up unsolicited, it was in response to questions at a post game press conference.

Top Bottom