Coach Fleck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard not to when we rolled into several games with 35 scholarship players. Every team had issues, just a messed up year.
Oh I agree....2020 should be tossed out for everyone because it was such a messed up season. But when you try and say that there are people on the board that freak out. :)

Still lot of people convinced he'll bolt.

I might be naive, I just don't see it

This win had to be so demoralizing for the MSU fans to watch.

First, slow and long drive with third down conversions to get an early lead.
Then, 3 and out.
Then, slow long drive with third down conversions (and maybe a Tanner Morgan scramble for first down.

All of the stuff you don't want to see and it happened consistently all day.

End of 2nd quarter going into the MSU first drive, some Gopher fans were starting to get worried, and we outscored MSU 17-7 from that point on.

This is a very well coached team.
It's a deep team as well.
And we have the right QB.

We need to pay this man more! He deserves so much more.

As a donor, I’ve never donated so much to the football program until he came. As matter of fact, I started to donate to the football program because of him.

Us boosters, will dump money into the program for the right coach. The U has to lock him down.

More programs will try to lure him away soon especially when we start to win more.

I get that they had to keep the vultures away, but I agree it seemed ridiculous to give a guy that kind of contract after 1 good year.

When a coach is rumored for other jobs, usually a short extension and some cash gets the job done. Not 10 years and almost 10 million dollars a year.

At least they were smart enough to make the buyout reasonable.
What's reasonable?

The tailgating before the game was amazing. The stadium was kind of a dump. Fans were also very friendly before the game. The best part was seeing the MSU fans leaving early!
Agree the stadium is a dump. I'm spoiled by the open concourse and all of the video info we get at the Bank. One of the annoying things is that there are no other college scores displayed.

But the tailgating was amazing. They can tailgate on various grassy areas on campus. And they have a lot of grassy areas. Imagine the mall in front of Northrup full of tailgaters!

You don’t need to bolt a blue blood to go to a blue blood. Time and history are relative. A NT at Minnesota can be done.
As if it would ever happen, if he wins a NT, does that make him more, or less, likely to leave?

Hard not to when we rolled into several games with 35 scholarship players. Every team had issues, just a messed up year.
Agree, I would not consider that a real season. Half-filled rosters, weeks at a time without a game, no crowds and every state had different rules. It was an exhibition year, which thankfully is really paying off for us right now.

Last edited:

What is NT?

Anyone else see Mo get targeted by 2 different guys on the same run.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, that contract has a high likelihood of sinking that entire athletic department for a while. I don’t want to jump to conclusions after the last 2 games, but to give that contract to a guy that quickly was lunacy. Even if it meant losing him to a “blue blood” last year.
20-16 (12-14) career record isn’t doing it for you?

Oh I agree....2020 should be tossed out for everyone because it was such a messed up season. But when you try and say that there are people on the board that freak out. :)
Hard to knock the negatives of the season or bank too much on positives.

I am willing to give credit for 2020 more easily than assign blame for 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom