Coach Fleck

Status
Not open for further replies.

who are the "lot of people" that are convinced?
I remember a once-important figure on twitter who liked to open his divisive tweets with “everybody is saying that” or “I am hearing from so many people that” … But, curiously, none of these many “people” could ever be found or identified.

20-16 (12-14) career record isn’t doing it for you?
I mean, he had a really good year last year. But he did it almost completely on the backs of transfers. I was skeptical a blue blood was actually going to hire him off that resume, but to his credit (or his agent), he managed to flip that fear into a ton of money.

Honest question, how did Mel Tucker get the MSU job after one 5-7 season @ Colorado?

I remember a once-important figure on twitter who liked to open his divisive tweets with “everybody is saying that” or “I am hearing from so many people that” … But, curiously, none of these many “people” could ever be found or identified.
My mother would say to be careful when using "always" and "never"...

Don't do that....that makes people mad.....just leave it in there, the record is still impressive. :)
He said that 2020 changed him in the post game comments. Not sure what it meant.

We need to pay this man more! He deserves so much more.

As a donor, I’ve never donated so much to the football program until he came. As matter of fact, I started to donate to the football program because of him.

Us boosters, will dump money into the program for the right coach. The U has to lock him down.

More programs will try to lure him away soon especially when we start to win more.
Maybe as importantly, the OC and DC need a pay raise!

And now comes the rumors whenever a major college coach is canned.

PJ was paid "big" bucks compared to previous UM coaches. He needed to deliver and make the Gophers more competitive. He has done that. I am one who questioned his 'schtict" and slogans, etc but I am convinced that his approach is good for the players and the program. In time fans like me and media will buy in as long as he annually fields a competitive, well rounded squad of student/athletes, capable of winning the West.

The depth and experience of this squad exceeds any previous Gopher team in memory and I think it will carry the team going forward. Time will tell, one week after another. We all need to understand that Minnesota is not in the same league as Alabama, Georgia, OSU, etc. There is no comparison. Success must be carefully measured compared to the high level blue-blood competitive nature and current environment of CFB. Getting to that high level is and has always been a steep and difficult uphill struggle for Minnesota.

The obvious question is does Fleck believe that Minnesota has the makings, even if his team excels, to become a perienial national power.

PJ's stock is at all time high, no question! Disciplined, sound football team.
Tanner and Kirk were about the best I can recall starting a game offensively the first three possessions.
Then Rossi and the Gopher's defense was just as impressive on the defensive side.

I don't recall Minnesota playing that efficiently for that long very often against a Big Ten opponent
in the state of Michigan on the road.

Well done! Very fun!

Tanner and Kirk were about the best I can recall starting a game offensively the first three possessions.
Then Rossi and the Gopher's defense was just as impressive on the defensive side.

I don't recall Minnesota playing that efficiently for that long very often against a Big Ten opponent

Well done! Very fun!
I think it might have been higher after beating Auburn. Now if he has a top 15 type year and wins 10-11 games again, it will be at an all time high, IMO...

Yes for sure, his stock is very high!

Well done! Very fun!

PJ is invested in making this a national championship school and doing it his way. He will hire a former player someday when he becomes athletic director.

Slow down got a long way to go. Want to just focus on each game. Purdue Championship week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom