Coach Fleck

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate to be politically incorrect, but Fleck’s game plan philosophy makes him the “Dinkytown Strangler”.

Masterful use of “complimentary football”.

I hate to be politically incorrect, but Fleck’s game plan philosophy makes him the “Dinkytown Strangler”.

Masterful use of “complimentary football”.
His mantra of "putting players in positions / situations where they are successful, and away from any weakness is exceptional.

The guy can coach.

He absolutely put on a clinic against the highest paid coach in the Big 10.
Said it before and I’ll say it again, that contract has a high likelihood of sinking that entire athletic department for a while. I don’t want to jump to conclusions after the last 2 games, but to give that contract to a guy that quickly was lunacy. Even if it meant losing him to a “blue blood” last year.

He’s not perfect but man our team just seems so much more organized, disciplined, and sharp in all areas on and off the field than I’ve ever seen in my life. We really are finally emulating the programs we have envied over the years.
Excellent summation. He's the best coach since Holtz. He needs to be here for a long time.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, that contract has a high likelihood of sinking that entire athletic department for a while. I don’t want to jump to conclusions after the last 2 games, but to give that contract to a guy that quickly was lunacy. Even if it meant losing him to a “blue blood” last year.

Tucker seems way, WAY over his skis. Not good times ahead for MSU

Tucker seems way, WAY over his skis. Not good times ahead for MSU
That contract they gave him is going to demand best in the East results to make it worthwhile. Clearly that is not going to happen this year....guessing they won't be super patient waiting for results.

I get that they had to keep the vultures away, but I agree it seemed ridiculous to give a guy that kind of contract after 1 good year.

When a coach is rumored for other jobs, usually a short extension and some cash gets the job done. Not 10 years and almost 10 million dollars a year.

At least they were smart enough to make the buyout reasonable.

That contract they gave him is going to demand best in the East results to make it worthwhile. Clearly that is not going to happen this year....guessing they won't be super patient waiting for results.
He’s the Joe Flacco of the B1G.

Currently, coaches contracts are rarely if ever paid by the AD. Most are booster-paid.

When a coach is rumored for other jobs, usually a short extension and some cash gets the job done. Not 10 years and almost 10 million dollars a year.

At least they were smart enough to make the buyout reasonable.
What do you mean? His contract is fully guaranteed--his "buyout" is like 85 million this year.

What do you mean? His contract is fully guaranteed--his "buyout" is like 85 million this year.
You’re right. I was thinking of the buyout teams would have to pay to poach him. My bad.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom