Clemson transfer -DT Nyles Pinckney

I also like DL who wear single digits - not sure why, but it looks cool to me

#Nyles#5

This guy should help out D improve.

I guess he was 3rd team all-ACC in 2019. Wonder why he decided to transfer. Either way, looks like a great addition.

From my friend who writes for ESPN and has covered Clemson in depth for years:

"He's good. Good dude. Strong leader. Potential impact player. He's gotten a lot of snaps last couple years but Clemson has a pair of 5 star DTs so he wasn't gonna start there."

Another real solid addition. Things continuing to trend up for next year
More than just a solid addition. This is the best transfer we have landed in at least the last 10 years. Or at least the most proven. This is a huge addition both literally and figuratively. Phenomenal get.

"He's good. Good dude. Strong leader. Potential impact player. He's gotten a lot of snaps last couple years but Clemson has a pair of 5 star DTs so he wasn't gonna start there."

Thanks for the info and I'll take Clemson's leftovers any day of the week.
He's Bulky, but in a good way! Amazing that human beings that size can be that athletic - SMH.

Any LB or safeties out there?

Great get. Do we have room for the other Clemson defensive tackle, Jordan Williams? He is on the transfer portal and will have 2 years of eligibility.

Great get. Do we have room for the other Clemson defensive tackle, Jordan Williams? He is on the transfer portal and will have 2 years of eligibility.
We already took Val Martin from NC State at DT. Doubt they’d take a third.

More than just a solid addition. This is the best transfer we have landed in at least the last 10 years. Or at least the most proven. This is a huge addition both literally and figuratively. Phenomenal get.
Most proven for sure. Cant remember anyone with more experience.

Exactly what they need, the middle was pushed around last year. Especially against Iowa and a few other games. Looks like a stud DT. Can't hurt, I think we already have a grad transfer LBer.

Any LB or safeties out there?

We already got Jack Gibbens, the grad transfer from Abilene Christian at LB. We will also have Oliver returning, MSM as well and then Gordon, Willis, Burns with another year of growth and seasoning

We already got Jack Gibbens, the grad transfer from Abilene Christian at LB. We will also have Oliver returning, MSM as well and then Gordon, Willis, Burns with another year of growth and seasoning
Do you feel good with our safety play and its future next year? I think we're probably adequate at LB now.

Safety is the position on the team I’m most worried about.
Well that and kicker and punter

Thanks for the info and I'll take Clemson's leftovers any day of the week.
He's Bulky, but in a good way! Amazing that human beings that size can be that athletic - SMH.
I wouldn’t even call him a “leftover”. He has over 1,000 career snaps, played in over 50 games with 13 starts, and is a former All ACC player.

For us, he would be the equivalent of a Dew-Treadway where we would love to have him for another year but if he moves on we wouldn’t be devastated either as we have young guys like Carter who looked better.

Safety is the position on the team I’m most worried about.
Well that and kicker and punter
I bet we'll be ok at punter. Kicker for sure looks like an issue.

Do you feel good with our safety play and its future next year? I think we're probably adequate at LB now.

I agree safety is the biggest concern. Really have to hope Nubin develops well with a full offseason and spring ball. Would love to see us get someone, but not sure how many more spots we have

Likely part of the equation, but he has already earned two degrees there as well. He's a grad transfer and might want something here on the education side as well.

Better DL play=better LB play=better safety play. Its all connected. Just like good cover DBs help your pass rush and stud linebackers help your DL. A weakness at any level hurts but can be covered up with strong play at other levels.

Really a great pickup. Plenty of experience.

I wouldn’t even call him a “leftover”. He has over 1,000 career snaps, played in over 50 games with 13 starts, and is a former All ACC player.

For us, he would be the equivalent of a Dew-Treadway where we would love to have him for another year but if he moves on we wouldn’t be devastated either as we have young guys like Carter who looked better.

I agree, I was joking that he is such a better DLine recruit than we normally get/ever recruited (?) that it is like manna from the football gods for us and Clemson, on the other paw/oar, just goes and gets two 5* recruits that will take his playing time, hence my leftover comment.

Last edited:

I agree safety is the biggest concern. Really have to hope Nubin develops well with a full offseason and spring ball. Would love to see us get someone, but not sure how many more spots we have
I felt like Nubin improved quite a bit. And Howden is experienced and serviceable. I’m just as worried about CB outside of Durr and DE outside of Mafe.

Top Bottom