Clemson all-ACC cornerback Derion Kendrick no longer with Tigers

Probably.

I find that the least likely of the three, though. A coach would be setting himself up for a real shitstorm if he had some type of religious requirements for the team. So, I doubt it.
Well obviously they wouldn't be framed as "religious requirements". But could be excessively strict on "good morals" or something.

Or maybe it's political. Very restrictive on using your platform as a Clemson player on making any political statement, at all, on anything?

Well obviously they wouldn't be framed as "religious requirements". But could be excessively strict on "good morals" or something.

Or maybe it's political. Very restrictive on using your platform as a Clemson player on making any political statement, at all, on anything?

Yeah, that's possible. I hadn't thought of it in that way. Interesting possibilities.

I'm just throwing poop against the wall. Be interesting to know if any more details come out!

I'm just throwing poop against the wall. Be interesting to know if any more details come out!

More speculation, from me:

Could it be something to do with the Pledge of Allegiance or the National Anthem?

How about a Black Lives Matter-related issue? On a tee shirt, perhaps? Or a headband?

I'm reading he was a late 1st rd to early rd 2 grade in this draft before deciding to stay. I wonder if he'll really try to return to college or if he'll just petition to enter the supplemental draft since the regular draft passed before he was dismissed.

Probably an issue of disrespect of coaches and/or teammates.

Asleep in his girlfriend's car with a handgun in his lap?

Wow.

When you get up in the morning, can you see a possible path, through the events of the upcoming day, that lead you to a point where you're sitting, asleep, in your girlfriends car with a pistol in your lap?

Wow.

When you get up in the morning, can you see a possible path, through the events of the upcoming day, that lead you to a point where you're sitting, asleep, in your girlfriends car with a pistol in your lap?
I'm married so if I was sitting in my girlfriend's car that might cause a few other issues..... :)

But to answer your question, no, can't picture any possible scenario that would lead me to ending up in that particular situation or any other situation even closely resembling it.

He's got a really good heart.

Good heart ... but needs some help in the choices department ....

Wow.

Yeah I can only imagine bad things ... there's not a lot of reason to be up to good things in that position. Hell of a lot of BAD things that position starts with ...

Depending on what state you are in this may not be a crime.

Wow.

Well where else ya gonna sleep with it?? Use it as a pillow? :)

Seems like SC is very strict if it's a handgun. Maybe that is normal in most states?

Probably.

I find that the least likely of the three, though. A coach would be setting himself up for a real shitstorm if he had some type of religious requirements for the team. So, I doubt it.

I've heard it is related to presence on Social Media.

They seem to be doing fine at Clemson though.

And ok to have a handgun not concealed?
South Carolina is not an open carry state. So no handguns in plain view apparently in a car or walking around.

Some states, such as the state I live in, have open carry laws. You don’t need permits to walk around with a gun in plain view.

Vehicles also are considered an extension of your homes with the same expectations of privacy you would have in your home. Loaded guns in plain view or hidden are legal.

Last edited:

Yeah I can only imagine bad things ... there's not a lot of reason to be up to good things in that position. Hell of a lot of BAD things that position starts with ...
Some people like guns. My friends that do, generally get used to them, so that they are like a wallet/cell phone. Perhaps, this is DK and he started falling asleep, felt the gun digging into his hip, then put it on his lap to catch some Zs. Perhaps, this really could have been honest mistake.

Top Bottom