Class of 2013 Offensive Players - First Look

vames

Reaction score
Per request, I am still pulling together information, stats, and videos, but here is a first look at top players that have D1 potential from Class of 2013. Some nice running backs and offensive lineman...no surprise there.

Feel free to send me updates at [email protected], if you know of players that should be considered.

John Kalthoff, 6’2 190, QB, Annandale – In 13 games, completed 135 of 309 passes for 2170 yards and 19 touchdowns.

JT Den Hartog, 6’3 195, QB, Hopkins – in 9 games, completed 131 of 204 passes (64%) for 1616 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Jordan Hein, 6’2 195, QB, Perham – All-State Honorable Mention. Conference MVP. Top duel threat quarterback. In 10 games, completed 74 of 156 passes for 1260 yards and 15 touchdowns. Had 199 carries for 1215 yards and 16 touchdowns.

Jake Disterhaupt, 6’1 185, Moose Lake/Willow River - All-State First Team. In 14 games, has 160 carries for 2259 yards for 14.1 ypc and 33 touchdowns. Had 10 receptions for 225 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Michael Sales, 6'2 195, RB Champlin Park (5A) - In 9 games, has 177 carries for 1017 yards and 9 touchdowns. Started out season injured, but recovered to rush 210 yards against a ranked Anoka and 176 yards against top 5A ranked Wayzata. In 6 games as a sophomore, had 149 carries for 816 yards for 5.5 ypc and 9 TDs. Rushed for 109 yards on 24 carries against top ranked 5A Blaine. Was injured in 6th game.

Roosevelt Austin, 5’11 180, RB, Sauk Centre -2011 All Conference. In 11 games, had 174 carries for 1280 yards for 7.4 ypc and 13 touchdowns. Had 25 receptions for 346 yards and 7 touchdowns. In 8 games as a sophomore, had 168 carries for 856 yards and 10 TDs.

Bridgeport Tusler, 5’11 195, RB/DB, Osseo (5A) - In 10 games, had 123 carries for 954 yards for 7.8 ypc and 11 touchdowns. Had 32 receptions for 428 yards and 6 touchdowns. In six games as a sophomore, had 34 carries for 176 yards and 1 TD. Had 13 receptions for 257 yards and 2 TDs.

Malcom Moore, 6’1 160, WR, Minnetonka – All-State Honorable Mention. Star Tribune All Metro Second Team. Pioneer Press Honorable Mention. In 8 games, had 32 receptions for 537 yards and 5 touchdowns. In 10 games as a sophomore, had 20 receptions for 294 yards for 14.7 ypc and 4 TDs.

Keelon Brookins, 5’10 175, WR, Tartan – Received invite to Michigan State for unofficial visit. Injured during junior season. In 5 games as a sophomore, has 13 receptions for 245 yards for 15.1 ypc and 4 TD. Recorded 6 interceptions during the season with 1 returned for touchdown. Top Class of 2013 performance at the 2011 Nike SPARQ Combine with an electronic 4.60 40 yard dash, a 35” vertical, 35” power ball throw. In the May ’11 NUC, recorded a 4.36 and 4.39 40 yard time. Has recorded an 11.05 100m dash and 22.44 200m dash.

Joel Hopkins, 6’2 200, TE, Becker – In 10 games, had 58 receptions for 827 yards and 14 touchdowns.

Chandler Wright, 6’3 270, OL, Wayzata – All-State Honorable Mention. Starting 13 games for 12-1 5A State Runner-up from Wayazat. Transfer from 11-1 Dutchtown HS in Louisiana that advanced to the state quarterfinals as sophomore.

Carson Hogan, 6’9 270, OT, Bemidji – Starting offensive tackle for 12-1 4A State Runner-ups.

Zach Ziemer, 6’6 265, OL, Lakeville North – All-State Honorable Mention. Starting tackle on 9-1 state qualifying team.

Chad Fahning, 6'7 280, OL, DeLaSalle - 2011 All-Conference and All Section. Has started 23 games in sophomore and junior year.

Will Lussier, 6’3 270, OL, Minneapolis Southwest – All-State Honorable Mention.

Will post top defensive players later today.

Thanks - That must have taken sometime to pull all that together.

Please add WR James Onwualu from Cretin Durham Hall--Having spent time around the SIU Salukis during Coach Kill tenure, I guarantee you he is on their radar. He plays RB/WR/S for CDH but I imagine he will get looks at WR or in the Secondary at the next level. He is FAST.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMxQS9PCt2g

This is great vames, thanks.

Interesting that a lot of these players are out-state, is this because it's easier to put up gaudy statistics against lesser competition (sorry to those offended, but it's true).

I've seen Bridgeport Tusler and I think he could be offer-worthy. Also, his name is Bridgeport Tusler, which is possibly the greatest name ever.

James Onwualu is a terrific football player. He'll be one of the most heavily recruited offensive players.

I do think the list is missing a couple players....

Underhill at Wayzata should be back. He is small, so I doubt a Gopher offer is a possibility but I'd be shocked if he doesn't at least play at one of the Dakotas. He had 200 yards in the prep bowl as a SO.

Dominique Khammarath-
He hasn't put up great stats because he is on an awful Humboldt team (which oddly enough has another top player in the state and no one else). But he was dynamic as a FR at Simley. The only highlights floating around right now are from his FR season and while he isn't a good thrower (he's a QB) he is the best athlete on the field as a FR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLuw0w4djt4

He is probably about 6'1" 190 lbs (legitimately) now. I haven't seen him play football since he went to Humboldt. He sat out his SO year to transfer and then they were awful last year (he put up decent numbers). But he's pretty fast and talented.

Onwualu is an interesting prospect. I watched him twice this year and to be honest, I wasn't impressed with him at running back. He has some speed, but didn't break many tackles. Kind of like Erik Roti from Wayzata, could run in the open, but once he was hit he went down. I think he is a better WR prospect, but CDH passing game was down this year.

Onwualu's stats were the following:
In 9 games, had 68 carries for 474 yards for 7 touchdowns as a back-up running back. Had 25 receptions for 356 yards and 4 touchdowns. In 10 games as a sophomore, had 63 carries for 420 yards for 6.7 ypc and 3 TDs.

I agree that Khammarath is a good athlete based on his freshman video, but playing at 0-8 Humbolt will always make it tough to evaulate his true athletiscm/potential at the next level. It will be interesting to see/track the recruiting of Khammarath and Flowers over the next year.

Will be posting top defensive players shortly.

I am uploading videos of players as I get them at the following link.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=921&CID=956917

It looks like it will be a decent year, with another good crop of lineman, and some talent and speed at the skill positions. I hope they all go to a Gophers camp and let the coaches see them up close.

For his name alone I think we should go hard after Bridgeport Tusler. Thanks for the info.

This is great vames, thanks.

Interesting that a lot of these players are out-state, is this because it's easier to put up gaudy statistics against lesser competition (sorry to those offended, but it's true).

I am not offended, but its not true. Two of the top Minnesota kids Pirsig and Nelson played in Greater Minnesota. The problem with those who live in the the Twin Towns, they buy the hype of 5A as the only source of talent. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm not a snob, but outstate, gets progressively harder to evaluate as the schools get smaller. It's because of that that, we need to urge every kid that can, to camp with the Gophers. I think there's a lot of hidden talent we'll miss unless the kids go to camp.

Quick look at top defensive players for the Class of 2013. Definitely some solid players with D1 potential. I know junior day offers are starting to be extended. More fun to track as we try to identify talent and attempt to get them some attention with D1 teams.

Regarding outstate players, there is definitely talent but the lack of media attention that the players receive can be a significant issue to overcome. As evidence by my 2012 lists, there area number of 6'3-6'5 players that have potential at mutiple positions.

Mike Flowers, 6’4 270, St. Paul Humbolt – 2011 All Conference. In 9 games, recorded 60 tackles. 2010 All-Conference. In 8 games as a sophomore, has 48 tackles (28 solo), 7 sacks, 20 TFL, 7 hurries, 3 fumble recoveries, and 1 punt blocked.

Michael Warren, 6’5 250, Providence Academy – Attended two Gopher games by invite. Invited to Boston College and Minnesota junior days. All-State Second Team. In 12 games, had 94 tackles (60 solo), 11 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery. In 7 games as a sophomore, has 44 tackles (33 solo) and 2 sacks, 9 TFL, 25 hurries, and 2 fumble recoveries.

Tyson Reinke, 6’3 255, Eden Prairie – All-State Second Team. Starting DT for 12-1 5A State Champs and recorded 38 tackles (8 solo), 6 TFL, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovered. Started 5 games as sophomore and received playing time in all 11 games. Recorded 15 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 pass deflection, and 1 fumble recovery.

Jack Cottrell, 6’4 210, LB, Eden Prairie - Started 13 games on 5A State Champion team. Recorded 89 tackles (26 solo), 6 tackles for a loss, 1 INT, 1 blocked punt, and 1 forced fumble. One of five sophomores that dressed varsity in 2010. Recorded a 4.72 40-yard dash. Carries a 3.9 GPA and 28 ACT score.

Shaun Schindler, 6’3 210, LB/TE, Hutchinson -All Conference. In 10 games, had 66 tackles, 11 sacks, 20 tackles for a loss, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovered fumble and 1 safety. All Conference in 2010. In six games as a sophomore, had 95 tackles. Recorded a 4.8 40 yard and had a 28” vertical at the NUC. 315 max bench and 315 max squat. One of three sophomores listed on varsity roster.

Chris Wipson, 6’2 210, TE/LB, Wayzata - In 13 games, had 82 tackles (52 solo), 4 sacks, 18 tackles for a loss, 8 QB hurries, 2 INTs, 4 forced fumbles, 4 passes broken up, 4 pass deflected. In 9 games as a sophomore, had 35 tackles (22 solo), 4 TFL, 1 forced fumble, 2 QB hurries.

Mitch Johnson, 5’11 190, SS/LB, Lakeville North – All-State Second Team. Pioneer Press Honorable Mention. In 11 games, has 122 tackles (45 solo), 8.5 sacks, 10 TFL, 1 INT, 3 forced fumbles, and 5 fumbles recovered. In 6 games as a sophomore, had 42 tackles (21 solo), 1.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery. South Suburban All-Conference HM.

KeAndre Singleton, 5’9 170, Minnetonka – All-State Honorable Mention. Star Tribune Third team.

DeAndre Singleton, 5’9 170, Minnetonka – All-State Honorable Mention. Star Tribune Third team.

GeVelve Gandy, 5’11 170, De La Salle – Pioneer Press All-Metro Honorable Mention. In 11 games as a sophomore, had 69 tackles (52 solo) and 5 INTs.

I am not offended, but its not true. Two of the top Minnesota kids Pirsig and Nelson played in Greater Minnesota. The problem with those who live in the the Twin Towns, they buy the hype of 5A as the only source of talent. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Of course it's true. He said that it is easier to put up gaudy statistics against lesser competition in smaller towns and therefore smaller schools. That's absolutely true. The teams, as a whole, are much better at bigger schools. They are much larger schools, the talent pool is considerably larger. For instance, EP's football team is choosing from a student body of 3000 kids. Just mathematically, there is going to be A LOT more talent than there is at a smaller school.

Now that isn't to say that the talented outstate kids can't be just as good if not better than the talented kids at the big schools. It merely means that they aren't going to play against as good of competition so their stats will be a bit more gaudy. For instance, Andrew Larson in the prep bowl was running against a defense with probably 2-4 kids who will play D1 football and another 5-7 kids who will play D2 / D3. Phil Nelson never played against a team with that much talent, Larson does 5-6 times a year. Again, that isn't to say that Nelson isn't the best player in the state along with Jonah and Maxx Williams, it's just saying that they don't play against as good of competition.

Onwualu is an interesting prospect. I watched him twice this year and to be honest, I wasn't impressed with him at running back. He has some speed, but didn't break many tackles. Kind of like Erik Roti from Wayzata, could run in the open, but once he was hit he went down. I think he is a better WR prospect, but CDH passing game was down this year.

Onwualu's stats were the following:
In 9 games, had 68 carries for 474 yards for 7 touchdowns as a back-up running back. Had 25 receptions for 356 yards and 4 touchdowns. In 10 games as a sophomore, had 63 carries for 420 yards for 6.7 ypc and 3 TDs.

I agree that Khammarath is a good athlete based on his freshman video, but playing at 0-8 Humbolt will always make it tough to evaulate his true athletiscm/potential at the next level. It will be interesting to see/track the recruiting of Khammarath and Flowers over the next year.

Will be posting top defensive players shortly.

I am uploading videos of players as I get them at the following link.

http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=921&CID=956917

Yeah, Onwualu is an interesting kid. He is kind of hard to put a label on position wise because he is somewhere between a WR and RB. I think he could be close to a D1 caliber RB and I think he will be a D1 caliber WR. He doesn't break a ton of tackles and he runs kind of upright, but he really sets up his blockers well. He is just so good with the ball in his hand, he's one of those guys that just glides round the field. I think he has a good chance of being a D1 player as a WR, but I think he'll play a sort of Harvin like role.

Quick look at top defensive players for the Class of 2013. Definitely some solid players with D1 potential. I know junior day offers are starting to be extended. More fun to track as we try to identify talent and attempt to get them some attention with D1 teams.

Regarding outstate players, there is definitely talent but the lack of media attention that the players receive can be a significant issue to overcome. As evidence by my 2012 lists, there area number of 6'3-6'5 players that have potential at mutiple positions.

Mike Flowers, 6’4 270, St. Paul Humbolt – 2011 All Conference. In 9 games, recorded 60 tackles. 2010 All-Conference. In 8 games as a sophomore, has 48 tackles (28 solo), 7 sacks, 20 TFL, 7 hurries, 3 fumble recoveries, and 1 punt blocked.

Michael Warren, 6’5 250, Providence Academy – Attended two Gopher games by invite. Invited to Boston College and Minnesota junior days. All-State Second Team. In 12 games, had 94 tackles (60 solo), 11 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery. In 7 games as a sophomore, has 44 tackles (33 solo) and 2 sacks, 9 TFL, 25 hurries, and 2 fumble recoveries.

Tyson Reinke, 6’3 255, Eden Prairie – All-State Second Team. Starting DT for 12-1 5A State Champs and recorded 38 tackles (8 solo), 6 TFL, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovered. Started 5 games as sophomore and received playing time in all 11 games. Recorded 15 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 pass deflection, and 1 fumble recovery.

Jack Cottrell, 6’4 210, LB, Eden Prairie - Started 13 games on 5A State Champion team. Recorded 89 tackles (26 solo), 6 tackles for a loss, 1 INT, 1 blocked punt, and 1 forced fumble. One of five sophomores that dressed varsity in 2010. Recorded a 4.72 40-yard dash. Carries a 3.9 GPA and 28 ACT score.

Shaun Schindler, 6’3 210, LB/TE, Hutchinson -All Conference. In 10 games, had 66 tackles, 11 sacks, 20 tackles for a loss, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovered fumble and 1 safety. All Conference in 2010. In six games as a sophomore, had 95 tackles. Recorded a 4.8 40 yard and had a 28” vertical at the NUC. 315 max bench and 315 max squat. One of three sophomores listed on varsity roster.

Chris Wipson, 6’2 210, TE/LB, Wayzata - In 13 games, had 82 tackles (52 solo), 4 sacks, 18 tackles for a loss, 8 QB hurries, 2 INTs, 4 forced fumbles, 4 passes broken up, 4 pass deflected. In 9 games as a sophomore, had 35 tackles (22 solo), 4 TFL, 1 forced fumble, 2 QB hurries.

Mitch Johnson, 5’11 190, SS/LB, Lakeville North – All-State Second Team. Pioneer Press Honorable Mention. In 11 games, has 122 tackles (45 solo), 8.5 sacks, 10 TFL, 1 INT, 3 forced fumbles, and 5 fumbles recovered. In 6 games as a sophomore, had 42 tackles (21 solo), 1.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery. South Suburban All-Conference HM.

KeAndre Singleton, 5’9 170, Minnetonka – All-State Honorable Mention. Star Tribune Third team.

DeAndre Singleton, 5’9 170, Minnetonka – All-State Honorable Mention. Star Tribune Third team.

GeVelve Gandy, 5’11 170, De La Salle – Pioneer Press All-Metro Honorable Mention. In 11 games as a sophomore, had 69 tackles (52 solo) and 5 INTs.

Wipson is a really good football player. I think he was the best player on one of the better HS defenses i've ever seen.

I've heard a lot about Flowers. I am going to go to a Humboldt game next season. It's so strange for a HS to have two kids that talented (Flowers and Khammarth) and for them to be THAT bad. It shows you how much of a team game football is. But i've heard he's the real deal.

The Singleton kids are good, i'm not sure if they are Big 10 good.

Cottrell is all over the field on defense. I actually thoguht he stood out more in the 3 EP games i've seen than Michaelson.

If I had to guess, out of the metro kids, i'd guess that: Wright, Brookins, Flowers, Wipson, Schindler, Cottrell are all multiple offer type athletes.

Good indicators of D1 potential is based on the junior day invites that are extended, which are usually based on film review, post-season honors, and stats for season. I know many of our 34 players that have D1 offers attended the Minnesota junior day. Junior day invites, followed by Spring game invites, and attendance at summer camps and combines will be the major things to watch.

I know one player has received contact from 18 schools already.....althought I am not sure how many were D1, but it verifies the recruiting activity for the Class of 2013 has started as well.

Vames a quick question, in terms of numbers, how is 2013 stacking up a far as Div 1 level athletes? I would guess, about the same or a little better overall, but maybe a little light on elite level players.

As I have been tracking recruiting....and in particular Minnesota and Notre Dame recruiting for quite some time now, it is a crapshoot to tell which players have D1 potential and which players will pan out at the D1 level as evidence by the other thread going on regarding the Class of 2010 for Minnesota. I generally use height/weight as a guideline for initial selection and post season honors.

The Class doesn't have any early offers like we did in the past with Tommy Olson, Nick Rallis, etc...

No real standout QBs like Nelson, Leidner, and Mollberg this year.

Some solid Athletes, OL, DL, and LB prospects at this point. Interesting group of RBs.

As we all know the time and effort in the weight room and working on speed now will go along way for top juniors to impress college recruiters. Nothing against 2 and 3 sport athletes, but playing basketball, wrestling, and hockey (not that there are many hockey/football players...but there are some like Alt, Budish, and Pierce) will delay their development.

Brookins is the early leader for college interest, but Michael Warren may end up being the top prospect in this class. Raw but has the size and talent that coaches love. Not a great looking class at this time but it usually changes so much between now and the summer when most offers are handed out. We don't have access to the film the coaches do and since everybody plays at the same night and time, it's hard to see kids more than once a year. My friend on the Champlin staff raves about Sales potential and Onwaulu is legit, just not as a rb.

The Humboldt guys are interesting but there situation is complicated. Monter talked to there coach during the season and he said these kids come from rough backgrounds and they lack alot of simple things most of us take for granted. They are hard to get in touch with without cell phones or consistant working home phones and neither at the time had access to a car to even make it down to the U for an unofficial or to a game. They don't have any way to get to camps let alone pay for them or go to these specialized training facilities that the EP and Wayzata kids do. There situation will be interesting to follow as they both appear to have alot of raw talent and hopefully they can find a way to get to junior days and summer camps.

While I'm sure a couple will emerge, there doesn't appear to be any top end OL like we usually have. Both EP and Wayzata will have there typical 3-4 kids who are borderline BCS-MAC-1-AA kids who will get debated alot. Another name that i've heard alot about is Edina CB Marley Allison. Minnetonka has a bunch of good athletes on defense and a really good WR in Moore, jury still out on what level they are at though. Of course Birk Olsen of Monticello will be another hotly debated out-state kid.

Brookins is the early leader for college interest, but Michael Warren may end up being the top prospect in this class. Raw but has the size and talent that coaches love. Not a great looking class at this time but it usually changes so much between now and the summer when most offers are handed out. We don't have access to the film the coaches do and since everybody plays at the same night and time, it's hard to see kids more than once a year. My friend on the Champlin staff raves about Sales potential and Onwaulu is legit, just not as a rb.

The Humboldt guys are interesting but there situation is complicated. Monter talked to there coach during the season and he said these kids come from rough backgrounds and they lack alot of simple things most of us take for granted. They are hard to get in touch with without cell phones or consistant working home phones and neither at the time had access to a car to even make it down to the U for an unofficial or to a game. They don't have any way to get to camps let alone pay for them or go to these specialized training facilities that the EP and Wayzata kids do. There situation will be interesting to follow as they both appear to have alot of raw talent and hopefully they can find a way to get to junior days and summer camps.

While I'm sure a couple will emerge, there doesn't appear to be any top end OL like we usually have. Both EP and Wayzata will have there typical 3-4 kids who are borderline BCS-MAC-1-AA kids who will get debated alot. Another name that i've heard alot about is Edina CB Marley Allison. Minnetonka has a bunch of good athletes on defense and a really good WR in Moore, jury still out on what level they are at though. Of course Birk Olsen of Monticello will be another hotly debated out-state kid.

Good synopsis.

I think the two biggest names out of the 2013 class are going to be Brookins and Flowers. That is really interesting information about the Humboldt kids situation. It gives you a lot of insight into why a lot of these kids in similar situations end up Cretin. If Flowers had been producing like he has at Humboldt, he'd be getting a ton of attention.

I don't know anything about Sales and Tusler, they look like interesting kids.

Onwualu, i've already said my piece on him.

I do disagree with you on the lack of top end prospects. I think that kid from Wayzata (from Lousiana), Wright, is a top end kind of talent. He might not be as highley rated as Jonah, but I think his offers will pour in.

Outside of him, there are a lot of "tweaners". Don't be surprised if the staff tries to get Lauer to accept a gray shirt situation, pushing him into that 2013 class.

Some more players to watch based initial scrubs:

Ben Oberfeld, 6’9 220, Eastview – In 9 games, had 60 tackles (38 solo), 1.5 sacks, 2 TFLs, 2 QB pressures, 1 forced fumble, 3 fumble recoveries, and 3 PBU. In 2010 for basketball, averaged 8 PPG in 24 games. Could be a Will Johnson like target at TE as well. Is also receiving basketball interest.

Mikias Alipate, 6’1 205, LB, Holy Angels - In 6 games, has 62 tackles (42 solo), 2 TFL, 4 hurries, and 2 forced fumbles. Did not play as a sophomore due to transfer rules.

Jack Cichy, 6’3 190, Hill-Murray - In 12 games, has 110 tackles (75 solo),1 sack, 6 TFL, 3 INT, 4 forced fumbles, 4 fumbles recovered, and 3 blocked punts. In 11 games as a sophomore, had 58 tackles (30 solo), 1 sack, 3 TFL, and 2 hurries.

Birk Olson, LB/FB, 6’3 240, Monticello – In 10 games, had 126 carries for 719 yards for 5.7 ypc and 8 touchdowns. Had 44 tackles (18 solo). Has recorded 4.65 40-yard dash and 4.0 GPA.

Zach Checkal, 6’3 180, WR, Delano - In 9 games, had 22 receptions for 505 yards and 6 touchdowns. In 8 games as sophomore, has 18 receptions for 437 yards for 24.3 ypc and 5 touchdowns. On defense, had 81 tackles (56 solo), 5 sacks, 1 INT, I forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovered. In 7 games as a sophomore, had 41 tackles (20 solo).

Leon Hoehn, 5’11 185, Waseca – All Conference. In 10 games, had 111 tackles (68 solo), 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 2 fumbles recovered. In 10 games as a sophomore, had 91 tackles (54 solo), 1.5 sacks, and 2 fumbles recovered.

Jamison Whiting, 6’3 185, Minneapolis Washburn – In 10 games, had 62 tackles (48 solo), 3 sacks, 3 INTs, 8 passes deflected, 2 fumble recoveries, and 2 blocked punts. In 11 games as a sophomore, had 54 tackles (40 solo) and 2 INT.

Bob, What are your thoughts on Akeem Roller? At 6'4 280, he has great size for DT. I know played behind Harden for most of the year. Definintely

I know this much: If the Gophers lose Harbison to Vanderbilt, then I wouldn't be surprised to see James Onwualu as an even bigger priority next year

Bob, What are your thoughts on Akeem Roller? At 6'4 280, he has great size for DT. I know played behind Harden for most of the year. Definintely

Akeem is a tough kid to figure out. I'd think of him more as an offensive lineman. I'd guess he would be considered a G prospect at the next level. He's big and he's somewhat athletic. He's a tough kid to figure out because sometimes he flashes the kind of athleticism that it would take to be a Big 10 OL, and other times he sort of just looks like a big strong kid out there.

Top Bottom