Christian Campbell to Penn State?

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
Huh? This kid has been all over the map lately. PSU made a late pitch that reeled him in. Bummer.

Campbell has committed to PSU after a 5 minute courtship. He never seemed to be excited about the Gophers. The DBs are definitely the weak spot in this class. Time to look at jucos.

Campbell has committed to PSU after a 5 minute courtship. He never seemed to be excited about the Gophers. The DBs are definitely the weak spot in this class. Time to look at jucos.

He claims on Twitter that Coach Franklin was recruiting him way before Minnesota or Indiana. Take his word for what it's worth I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is odd but what can ya do. Didn't get to the SEC. Went for a former SEC coach.

The time to look at JuCos has come and gone. Not the right solution anyways. C.James would be big right now. Bummer on Campbell.

the Mims WKU commit is starting to hurt now. At the time i wouldn't have cared less if he would have came here, not anymore though

The time to look at JuCos has come and gone. Not the right solution anyways. C.James would be big right now. Bummer on Campbell.

I agree with you for this year regarding JuCos, but we probably will have to look at them for 2015.

To go to Vanderbilt?

I would assume so, but kind of odd he committed without a visit to PSU. That's a slap in the face big time to Kill and the staff. Hopefully he doesn't get a chance to touch the Liberty Bell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with you for this year regarding JuCos, but we probably will have to look at them for 2015.

Yep. Our issues with our DBs is the lack of depth in the younger classes. We have some good older DBs in the older classes.

The Craig James verbal is hopefully true. He is key. I'd like this class to add another couple DBs. The numbers are getting a little tight but this is our position of need.

Yes. The jucos would be for 2015. As I said the Gophers DBs will be solid if not a strength for 2014.

We might be better off looking for a Juco next year with 3 to play, like BBC, than reaching at this point?

It isn't unheard to play db as a true freshman. Nate Andrews certainly did for FSU. Just saying you don't always have to go juco route, although I'm not opposed to getting really good juco players.

Top Bottom