Chris Monter Q&A: Washburn Sophomore RB Jeffrey Jones Gets Early Gopher Interest

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeffrey Jones, a 5-foot-10, 180-pound sophomore running back from Minneapolis Washburn, is one of the top players in the state in the Class of 2014. The two-sport standout attended the Minnesota Junior Day and their Friday Night Camp Under The Lights. GopherHole.com recently caught up with Jones to learn the latest on his early recruitment and expectations for his sophomore season.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1461

"I had been wanting to go there since I was a little kid. I liked the camps anyways. I think that might be where I am heading to in the future."

Keep that thought in your head, and keep working hard.

Close the borders and bar the door.

Those damn Gophers just don't recruit city conference players, as we all know.

I had the over/under at 3 posts for this thread going to Charles Hallman piece. You won if you bet the under.

nice to see minneapolis city conference kids getting noticed. for years and years some of the best gopher football players (as well as hockey and basketball) came out of the minneapolis (and st. paul) city conference schools. unfortunately a lot of money and commitment to building great athletic programs went the way of the suburbs in the 1970's, 80's and 90's. seems we are seeing that commitment once again to trying to build and maintain a pipeline of athletes coming from the two city conferences.

Top Bottom