Chris Martin predicted a Minny upset of PSU on the...

Lines of scrimmage are where games are won and lost 95% of the time. That's why teams like USC, Ohio St, etc can reload, versus rebuild. Their lines are top notch year after year.

Illinois has given up 19 sacks so far this year.....WITH A BYE WEEK! Conversely, they've only sacked the QB 5 times. Can't run the ball. D-line can neither slow down the run enough or pressure the QB enough.

It's obvious what the biggest problem is on the Illini. And it's not I. Williams.

The line play of PSU and more importantly OSU is why I am deathly afraid of the next two weeks.

Lines of scrimmage are where games are won and lost 95% of the time. That's why teams like USC, Ohio St, etc can reload, versus rebuild. Their lines are top notch year after year.

Illinois has given up 19 sacks so far this year.....WITH A BYE WEEK! Conversely, they've only sacked the QB 5 times. Can't run the ball. D-line can neither slow down the run enough or pressure the QB enough.

It's obvious what the biggest problem is on the Illini. And it's not I. Williams.

The line play of PSU and more importantly OSU is why I am deathly afraid of the next two weeks.

I'm worried about the exact same thing. Thinking about what Wisconsin's offensive line did to us in the second half of that game still gives me shivers. To compete in the next two games we are going to have to play much tougher up front, especially on defense.

Speaking of IL.....if IL doesn't get a B10 win prior to the MN/IL game, DPdoll owes me a bajillion dollars! cash only.

Speaking of IL.....if IL doesn't get a B10 win prior to the MN/IL game, DPdoll owes me a bajillion dollars! cash only.

It was a "gajillion bajillion". And since there are still 3 Big Ten games for Illinois between now and then, it's far too early to claim victory.

But if they do the improbable and lose all 3, I will write you a check for a gajillion bajillion. Straight internet cash homey.

I don't really understand why anyone would be afraid of the next two games. We have almost nothing to lose short of a 55-0 embarassment again.

I think the real question needs to be: Can we score 24-28 points against Penn State? Because that is what it will like take. Penn State is gonna move the ball some on our D. They are too talented not to. But can we sustain a running game? Is this the game that Weber plays great? I think most of us our hoping that to be the case, since he really hasn't played all that great all year long. Stop Evan Royster and be able to have have a respectable running game and we will be in it. For the record, I have a small inner-office wager with another co-worker where I am getting 8 points and the Gophers. So i am predicting a close game.

We'll see.

Top Bottom