Chris Allen to enroll at Iowa State

I'd think that Iowa St. adding Allen could help the Gophers in the Joe Coleman battle. I'd see Allen as likely to take minutes away from Coleman in 2011-12.

You really think Coleman was taking the ISU thing seriously? Why?

What I learned after comparing the two conferences didn't surprise me. Using the last 11 seasons as a guide, there's not a heck of a lot of difference between the Big 10 and Big 12. An argument certainly could be made for either one that they belong just behind the ACC (and probably the Big East) as the next best conference.

I agree with FarmerClone that losing Colorado and Nebraska will help Big 12 basketball significantly. That's getting rid of some serious dead weight. However, I would respectfully disagree that simply adding Nebraska to the Big Ten will swing the pendulum heavily in the Big 12's favor.

But the combination of the two can't be ignored. A + for the Big 12 and a - for the Big 10.

Yes.

1. Royce White is there
2. The ISU program appears to be getting some traction
3. Taken one unofficial visit
4. Planning on an official visit this fall
5. ISU is the closest major D-1 program to the Twin Cities

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of reasons why the Gophers should still be the #1 contender:

1. Grew up in Twin Cities
2. Family connections to the U
3. Big 10 has more visibility in Twin Cities
4. Tubby is established; Fred is not
5. Many, many unofficial visits

I think the Gophers are the most likely destination for Joe, but we're kidding ourselves if we think he's a lock. If he was a lock, he'd be committed by now.

Yes.

1. Royce White is there
2. The ISU program appears to be getting some traction
3. Taken one unofficial visit
4. Planning on an official visit this fall
5. ISU is the closest major D-1 program to the Twin Cities

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of reasons why the Gophers should still be the #1 contender:

1. Grew up in Twin Cities
2. Family connections to the U
3. Big 10 has more visibility in Twin Cities
4. Tubby is established; Fred is not
5. Many, many unofficial visits

I think the Gophers are the most likely destination for Joe, but we're kidding ourselves if we think he's a lock. If he was a lock, he'd be committed by now.

Exactly, Coleman is anything but a lock right now. He is definitely exploring every option he has at this point.

First off, yes Coleman is looking seriously at ISU. I am not sure though if we will have a scholarship for him now though. It depends on what direction the staff wants to go, but Allen may have taken the spot being offered to Coleman.

As per Allen committing to ISU helping Minnesota with Coleman, that may be true if Allen too his scholarship spot, but if not, is Coleman projected to be a starter at Minnesota his freshman year? If not, what is the difference? ISU will have three senior guards when Coleman is a freshman. Playing time will be wide open the year after in Ames.

Therefore either the Gophers have higher standards for character than Iowa State or Iowa State has lower standards for Character than Minnesota.

Seriously?!

Yes, ISU has definitely taken some risks on players with past Character issues. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Royce White have issues before he committed to the Gophers? And, didn't Trevor Mbakwe (spelling?) just join the Gophers squad after a very long sexual assault case?

I live in the Twin Cities and I've seen/heard on the news several incidents over the past few years regarding the Gopher football team and their "character flaws."

I don't think Minnesota (or Gopher fans) have much room to be sanctimonious when it comes to these types of issues.

Seriously?!

Yes, ISU has definitely taken some risks on players with past Character issues. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Royce White have issues before he committed to the Gophers? And, didn't Trevor Mbakwe (spelling?) just join the Gophers squad after a very long sexual assault case?

I live in the Twin Cities and I've seen/heard on the news several incidents over the past few years regarding the Gopher football team and their "character flaws."

I don't think Minnesota (or Gopher fans) have much room to be sanctimonious when it comes to these types of issues.

Trevor mbakwe never was charged wth sexual assault nor did he sexually assault anyone.

many football programs have issues, and this is the basketball board, and since you now have Royce white, i think that gives us game set match.

I'm not going to get into a "peeing" match about it, but I'm pretty sure Mbakwe was charged with felony assault...

http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Trevor_Mbakwe_avoids_felony_trial_reinstated_to_U_basketball_team

And, the original quote by sec105 said nothing about MBB vs Football, he clearly referred to each University as a whole.

Can someone help me remember the name of the really big dude Minny had during their Final Four run in '97? Good thing that MBB never had any issues!

I'm not going to get into a "peeing" match about it, but I'm pretty sure Mbakwe was charged with felony sexual assault...

http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Trevor_Mbakwe_avoids_felony_trial_reinstated_to_U_basketball_team

And, the original quote by sec105 said nothing about MBB vs Football, he clearly referred to each University as a whole.

Can someone help me remember the name of the really big dude Minny had during their Final Four run in '97? Good thing that MBB never had any issues!

You are officially a moron. Did you even read that article That you posted???? The word sexual was not even used once. Trevor mbakwe was charged with BATTERY assault. For ALLEGEDLY punching a female. He never raped or touched anyone sexually. Don't call people rapists if you have no clue what you are talking about.

You are officially a moron. Did you even read that article That you posted???? The word sexual was not even used once. Trevor mbakwe was charged with BATTERY assault. For ALLEGEDLY punching a female. He never raped or touched anyone sexually. Don't call people rapists if you have no clue what you are talking about.

I must agree with you.

My apologies. I posted too quickly and made a mistake. I have edited my post to so it is hopefully accurate now.

If one does read the article, however, it does indicate he was charged with assault......just to be clear.

Top Bottom