Chip Scoggins column: Not-So-Big Mo sheds 40 pounds, hopes to gain a career

Mo may have gotten himself into good enough shape to get in shape. Now the process really begins. Learning the game in his new body. I'll be pulling for him. That is part of pulling for the Gophers too.

I think he will make a large impact this year.

I'm really happy that this is happening before his junior year, eligibility wise, and not only for his last year. Being in shape this year means he has a chance to really improve in both of his final years here.

I'm really happy that this is happening before his junior year, eligibility wise, and not only for his last year. Being in shape this year means he has a chance to really improve in both of his final years here.

I agree. IMO to make the dance next year the Gophers need a miracle. Until the miracle occurs, a surprise like Huge Mo is nice.

If Mo had had the opportunity to focus on physical development since he first got here and I don't beleive he had that going for him because of inadequate personal coaching attention & injuries, I doubt if we would have the ability to speculate on him reaching his potential as Gopher in his senior year.

^^^^ Funny....If I were to say that I'd be called Tubby's son....for some reason.

No, that's when you defend Tubby incessantly no matter what, as if you were his son. If you want to say making the tournament would be a surprise that's fine, but just so you know, the word 'surprise' is not synonymous with the word 'miracle'. The Gophers making the tournament would not be a miracle.

Illinois made it last year I think we have a similar team to that group

Exactly. I told bleed this some time ago. Obviously nobody expects us to make the tournament. But we do have some experienced guards, a couple intriguing newcomers, reserves that are gettin in B1G shape and a young and hungry staff. Why the hell not.

Buggs and King are going to be the difference whether we are for real or not this year. Our guard play will be strong. Very strong. Our center play will be OK with EE and the new Mo if they can defend under the bucket. It will get rugged under there. The press better carry the D. I expect we will see a lot of 3 guard play.

This team could be good and an awful lot of fun!

Just saw that pic on twitter. Mo does look unrecognizable. Couldn't be happier for the guy and I think he is going to surprise a lot of people around the B1G this year.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Mo Walker looks completely different after losing 44 pounds. Runs the floor lot better, too. Gotta give him credit. <a href="http://t.co/1Y6VvO2R4j">pic.twitter.com/1Y6VvO2R4j</a></p>— PiPress Gophers Now (@GophersNow) <a href="https://twitter.com/GophersNow/statuses/351128263818625025">June 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Congratulations to Mo. He looks great. Losing that amount of weight in a short period of time is not easy. It will be fun to see his progress on the basketball court as the summer and fall progresses.

Top Bottom