Chip Scoggins: Colorado inquires about Eric Bieniemy for HC position

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet:

"Brad Childress received a call from Colorado inquiring about RB coach Eric Bieniemy about its coaching vacancy."

Go Gophers!!

I've heard Belotti to CU w/ Bienemy as OC rumored but not for a while.

per this tweet:

"Brad Childress received a call from Colorado inquiring about RB coach Eric Bieniemy about its coaching vacancy."

Go Gophers!!

Let's see here....4-years ago, we hired a Denver positions coach with no Head College Coaching experience. Now Colorado is considering a Minnesota positions coach with no Head College Coaching experience. Isn't the definition of insanity trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

You can't make this stuff up!

Personally, I'm cheering for Ralphie the Buffalo.

Let's see here....4-years ago, we hired a Denver positions coach with no Head College Coaching experience. Now Colorado is considering a Minnesota positions coach with no Head College Coaching experience. Isn't the definition of insanity trying the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Yes, and Iowa hired a Baltimore positions coach 11-years ago. They've regretted it ever since.

Yes, and Iowa hired a Baltimore positions coach 11-years ago. They've regretted it ever since.

I am sure you were aware however the Ferentz did have 3 years of previous head coaching experience at Maine before going to the NFL and then Iowa.

I am sure you were aware however the Ferentz did have 3 years of previous head coaching experience at Maine before going to the NFL and then Iowa.

Did Iowa, or did it not, hire an NFL positions coach?

Yes, an NFL positions coach with previous college head coaching experience.

Neither, Bienemy or Brewster had that. There's a distinction, yes?

Clearly, that was the poster's point when he said - quote " positions coach with no Head College Coaching experience."

Read my post closer, I qualified it and said no head college coaching experience.

Colorado is destined to hire Brewster 2 by trying to save a few bucks.

Read my post closer, I qualified it and said no head college coaching experience.

Colorado is destined to hire Brewster 2 by trying to save a few bucks.

I have to disagree. Bienemy may turn out to be as big of a train wreck as Brewster but I don't think that he is destined to be just because he is a positions coach without head coaching experience.

My mistake. I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I am certain there are examples of NFL position coaches with no previous college head coaching experience who succeeded. It just irks me to no end when people throw out blanket statements that insist "potential hire X can't work because he comes from this background." It's insulting.

Heh. ;) Ironic, isn't it? Although Bienemy does have the fact that he's a CU grad working in his favor, while Brewster had no connection to Minnesota whatsoever. It struck me as being very interesting that quite a few of the Buffs fans on their message board seemed to be in favor of a Bienemy hire the last time I looked at their board. I figured they'd be resoundingly against that and wanting to shoot for a higher profile candidate, but it seems they really like that guy.

It'd be great if they did hire Bienemy, as that would leave more coaches in play for us.

Heh. ;) Ironic, isn't it? Although Bienemy does have the fact that he's a CU grad working in his favor, while Brewster had no connection to Minnesota whatsoever. It struck me as being very interesting that quite a few of the Buffs fans on their message board seemed to be in favor of a Bienemy hire the last time I looked at their board. I figured they'd be resoundingly against that and wanting to shoot for a higher profile candidate, but it seems they really like that guy.

It'd be great if they did hire Bienemy, as that would leave more coaches in play for us.

The fact that Bienemy is a Colorado grad is the point that makes this different to me. Plus, he was an assistant coach at Colorado as well.

The fact that Bienemy is a Colorado grad is the point that makes this different to me. Plus, he was an assistant coach at Colorado as well.

This actually makes a lot of sense for Colorado and I heard some talk here in the West Coast of how Bienemy might make a logical choice.

...I don't know of any off the top of my head, but I am certain there are examples of NFL position coaches with no previous college head coaching experience who succeeded....

Tyrone Willingham was highly regarded as the head coach at Stanford and they tried to keep him from going to Notre Dame. Don't know exactly what went wrong for him at Notre Dame or Washington but he was often considered to be a rather lazy recruiter at Stanford and some also felt he disappeared too much during the off-season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrone_Willingham

Top Bottom