check this tweet sent out by Michigan people

It will be fun seeing how these posts age.
What difference does that make? Live for the moment! Have fun while the possibility of fun exists. The world may end before the question has been resolved. I always have LOVED roses. P-Town is very nice when the new year begins.

This is the absolute reason why college football drives me nuts. As much as I don't want to give Wisconsin credit there absolutely no reason why they should be punished for losing next weekend. They should be in the Rose Bowl. End of discussion.

The Rose Bowl pecking order should be Wisconsin, Minnesota, Penn State.
Getting piss-pounded by Ohio State twice in the same season earns you a Rose Bowl?

We can agree to disagree.

I can't believe how many people are suddenly rushing to defend the loser of the conference championship game.

It's the cost you pay for the right to, ya know *WIN* the game. If you lay an egg, that is your fault and no one else's, and you should rightly drop in the rankings for it.

PSU was just there. They will not go Rose bowl and they do not want it either. Their fans want to stay east.
According to the PSU message board I just read, it seems almost unanimous they want the Rose Bowl. Most seem to think it's a 50/50 shot between them and Wisconsin. Interestingly, they seem to think it's very certain they'll end up in a NY6 bowl either way, assuming they stay ranked above Florida this week. That scenario would almost certainly land MN back in the Citrus Bowl, despite having been there a few years ago.

According to the PSU message board I just read, it seems almost unanimous they want the Rose Bowl. Most seem to think it's a 50/50 shot between them and Wisconsin. Interestingly, they seem to think it's very certain they'll end up in a NY6 bowl either way, assuming they stay ranked above Florida this week. That scenario would almost certainly land MN back in the Citrus Bowl, despite having been there a few years ago.
So they’re thinking Penn St and Wisc will both be in the top 12 (really top 10, since one G5 champion will crash the NY6 party and the ACC 2nd ranked for the Orange will likely be outside the top group)? That would guarantee (I think?) some NY6 bowl to the team that doesn’t go to the Rose.

Hopefully it won’t be the Orange, because that would then take the Citrus off the table.

Last edited:

Wisconsin beat us and deserves to go to the Rose Bowl. Penn St. goes to the Florida Citrus and as I have been saying all along, we are most likely heading to the Outback Bowl in Tampa. It's a very good bowl game and we will be matched up against a very tough SEC team.

Wisconsin beat us and deserves to go to the Rose Bowl. Penn St. goes to the Florida Citrus and as I have been saying all along, we are most likely heading to the Outback Bowl in Tampa. It's a very good bowl game and we will be matched up against a very tough SEC team.
I'll be excited about the Outback as well, but if Wisc goes to the Rose Bowl there's no way PSU goes back to the Citrus for the second year in a row. I'd been assuming that Minnesota would jump into that slot, but I read my first projection today that had Minnesota in the GATOR with Michigan in the Citrus and PSU in the Outback. Puke. It's the outlier projection though, so I'm really crossing my fingers that doesn't happen.

At the end of the day, every projection is just an educated guess -- about as good as we could make. With the new placement process, the B1G will work out whatever they think benefits the conference most. There could be a surprise or two.

So they’re thinking Penn St and Wisc will both be in the top 12 (really top 10, since one G5 champion will crash the NY6 party and the ACC 2nd ranked for the Orange will likely be outside the top group)? That would guarantee (I think?) some NY6 bowl to the team that doesn’t go to the Rose.

Hopefully it won’t be the Orange, because that would then take the Citrus off the table.
Well, they believe PSU will be in the top 10 after a couple teams lose in the conference championship games. They don't care where Wisc is ranked. They're arguing that the Rose Bowl can take whoever they want and will select Wisconsin, leaving a top 10 PSU for a NY6. I don't see any experts predicting that, but again, this is all an eduated guess.

Personally, I'd love to see it happen because a) it likely bumps MN up into the Citrus again and b) seeing 4 freaking SEC teams in the CFP/NY6 sickens me. It basically comes down to PSU and Florida for that last spot. IMO the B1G was every bit as tough this year and deserves parity with the SEC in selections.

If Big Ten goes to Orange Bowl I believe Big Ten Citrus Bowl bid falls to ACC.

the only way there is a major reshuffling of predicted bowl lineups is if Big Ten gets 3 NY6 teams and they are in:
Playoff
Rose
Fiesta/Cotton

not even sure if that is possible.
But if the third big ten team goes to orange bowl, probably Va Tech or Notre Dame go to Citrus (not sure Notre Dame’s ACC rights)

With those CFP rankings are we missing NYD entirely? Though the Outback is a plausible destination the Gophers haven't been to.

CFP - Ohio St
Rose - Penn St
Citrus - Wisconsin
Outback - Michigan
Holiday - Iowa
Gator / Music City - Minnesota

Even if you move us up a slot with Wisconsin making the Orange, the Gophers might be getting the shaft this bowl season. And look how far below a team with the same record that the Gophers beat!

Last edited:

Hey, these bowl people want PEOPLE, they want excitement, they want something new. Wisconsin and PSU might bump ahead of us in the bowl games, but we beat PSU, so who knows? After what we did with gameday, I don't think bowl games are going to ignore that. I think Minny has an advantage this year that we never had before, people think we are more excited than we've ever been before, so that will go in our favor. And, the further we get knocked down, the bigger the pummeling we'll put on our opponent. I LOVE winning bowl games.

Top Bottom