check this tweet sent out by Michigan people

That’s Steve Deace. He also runs the Bigger Ten Twitter account and podcast, along with an Iowa backer. He likes the Gophers and Fleck.

I don’t think his logic is wrong, but it’s probably a long shot.

Sorry, didn't see this was already posted.

Dam, I'd love it.

Could still happen. But only if Ohio St beats Sconnie again...

After OSU beats Wisconsin, they'll still be ranked higher than Minnesota, as will Michigan and Penn State. Rose Bowl is not gonna jump three teams. Give it up.

After OSU beats Wisconsin, they'll still be ranked higher than Minnesota, as will Michigan and Penn State. Rose Bowl is not gonna jump three teams. Give it up.

In the AP poll, we’re ranked #15, and Michigan #17. I doubt the CFP committee will put them above us with their 3 losses.

Michigan will not be above us. They got pounded by OSU for their 3rd loss.

Michigan will not be above us. They got pounded by OSU for their 3rd loss.

I’m sensing a trend here. Imagine if we were scheduled to play Ohio State. We’d get pounded.

Penn State only lost by a modest amount due to some fluky Ohio State fumbles.

I’m sensing a trend here. Imagine if we were scheduled to play Ohio State. We’d get pounded.

Penn State only lost by a modest amount due to some fluky Ohio State fumbles.
Yeah I think Penn State will be ahead of us. Not Michigan.

This is literally the only media member I've seen predicting this scenario. It's lovely to think about -- that 1% chance -- but it just ain't gonna happen. Assuming Wisconsin loses by a decent amount this Saturday, I'd say 80% PSU to Rose, 19% Wisc, 1% MN.

This is literally the only media member I've seen predicting this scenario. It's lovely to think about -- that 1% chance -- but it just ain't gonna happen. Assuming Wisconsin loses by a decent amount this Saturday, I'd say 80% PSU to Rose, 19% Wisc, 1% MN.
This is the absolute reason why college football drives me nuts. As much as I don't want to give Wisconsin credit there absolutely no reason why they should be punished for losing next weekend. They should be in the Rose Bowl. End of discussion.

The Rose Bowl pecking order should be Wisconsin, Minnesota, Penn State.

After Wisconsin gets crushed by OSU, they won't get a sniff at the Rose Bowl. Rose will take PSU (90% chance) maybe Minnesota (10%).

This is the absolute reason why college football drives me nuts. As much as I don't want to give Wisconsin credit there absolutely no reason why they should be punished for losing next weekend. They should be in the Rose Bowl. End of discussion.

So with that logic then i guess the winner should not be rewarded either....

After Wisconsin gets crushed by OSU, they won't get a sniff at the Rose Bowl. Rose will take PSU (90% chance) maybe Minnesota (10%).

The logic makes sense. Rose Bowl, just like any other bowl, wants people to show up and spend money. And doesn't want to see the same teams every year. So there could be a push to reward Minnesota who actually was a co-champ, which Penn St was not. Not saying its likely, but saying you can see why the choice might be made.

By every measure we had a great season, but don't deserve a Rose Bowl bid ahead of Penn and even WI. I'm hoping WI gets crushed by Ohio St.

I would be very happy if this happens. Who wouldn't want to see the Golden Gophers return to the Rose Bowl and play a Utah or Oregon team. Two losses is nothing to sneeze at and it would make for a great story line and game.

By every measure we had a great season, but don't deserve a Rose Bowl bid ahead of Penn and even WI. I'm hoping WI gets crushed by Ohio St.

In a strange way in this scenario it would be Minnesota fans who “deserved” the Rose Bowl and got it by proving people will show up and care about Gopher football.

Why not ahead of PSU? Both finished with 2 losses. MN won the head-to-head is co-division champion. If OSU absolutely destroys WI, I could see MN getting a serious look.

I love the optimism in this thread, but Minnesota isn't going to get the Rose Bowl. Assuming OSU boat races Becky this weekend, as they almost assuredly will, there will be two 2-loss teams left in the Big Ten. Even though we beat PSU head-to-head, the powers that be have decided that PSU is better and more deserving than us, because reasons.

Why not ahead of PSU? Both finished with 2 losses. MN won the head-to-head is co-division champion. If OSU absolutely destroys WI, I could see MN getting a serious look.

You don't understand Minnesotan logic. It goes like this:

Wisconsin beat Minnesota, and therefore Wisconsin is better than Minnesota.

Minnesota beat Penn State, but Penn State is better than Minnesota.

See how that works?

Me neither.

Regardless of which schools are in, it seems bogus to punish a team for losing in a bonus game. Had Minnesota made it to Indy and lost to OSU, I would have expected a Rose Bowl trip and would've been furious had Michigan gone back door to Pasadena!

Maybe.

Wisconsin lost to Illinois,

I repeat. Wisconsin lost to Illinois.

The top 6 in the big ten are (in no particular order)
Ohio state
Wisconsin
Penn state
Minnesota
Michigan
Iowa

these teams have combined for 12 losses.
11 of the losses are to each other.

the 12th loss is to Illinois. I’d have Wisconsin ranked behind Penn State because of it. I’d rank the teams:
Ohio state
Penn state
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Michigan
Iowa

PSU higher ranked, and one of their two losses was at OSU, AND they gave OSU by far the closest game this year.

Maybe.

Wisconsin lost to Illinois,

I repeat. Wisconsin lost to Illinois.

The top 6 in the big ten are (in no particular order)
Ohio state
Wisconsin
Penn state
Minnesota
Michigan
Iowa

these teams have combined for 12 losses.
11 of the losses are to each other.

the 12th loss is to Illinois. I’d have Wisconsin ranked behind Penn State because of it. I’d rank the teams:
Ohio state
Penn state
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Michigan
Iowa
My top-6 is also that. If OSU throttles UW as expected, PSU will likely be in the Rose Bowl. If UW wins, they’ll go instead.

It will be fun seeing how these posts age.

They can pick any of the 3 in a cluster situation.

What we have here ladies and gentlemen is a cluster situation and log jam at the top of the Big Ten AFTER the Ohio State undefeated situation. tOSU is going to be in the playoff for the national championship series...NOT the Rose Bowl. The rose bowl can and just may invite which ever team they believe will put the most butts in the barstools and restaurants...win the most eyeballing in the viewing ratings and be the best story line for them to sell to the viewing public.

They have the ability to write their own script. INTERESTING possibilities make Interesting story lines...

PSU was just there. They will not go Rose bowl and they do not want it either. Their fans want to stay east.

Top Bottom