Chaska WR Sean Engel Talks About His Brother Derrick and His Dream of Playing for U

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Chaska WR Sean Engel Talks About His Brother Derrick and His Dream of Playing for the U
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/274479?referrer_id=331171

Sean Engel, a 6-foot-4 ½, 165-pound receiver from Chaska (MN) High, is the younger brother of current Gopher senior wideout Derrick. Engel attended the Minnesota Junior Elite camp and talked to Gopher Hole about his early recruitment, the upcoming season and following in his brother's footsteps.

Gopher Hole: What camps have you had a chance to go to this summer?

Sean Engel: I was at Northern Illinois, Notre Dame, Northwestern, Iowa State and Minnesota State Mankato and this one.

Gopher Hole: When you go these camps do you feel that you pick up things that are going to make you a better football player this year?

Sean Engel: Yes. I learn a lot. A lot of stuff is repetitive, though, but I get better every day.

Gopher Hole: What are some of the main things that you have picked up at the camps?

Sean Engel: Work on fundamentals. How to release. Catching the ball. Routes. One-on-ones. All that.

Gopher Hole: Your brother is also a wide receiver. Has he taught you some things over the years and some different tips?

Sean Engel: He pretty much mentors me. He teaches me a lot of stuff. I learn from him and it makes me better, too.

Gopher Hole: Do you get a chance to work out with him much with his busy schedule and yours?

Sean Engel: Sometimes, we'll just go out in the backyard and he'll show me some stuff.

Gopher Hole: Who throws you the ball since you are both receivers?

Sean Engel: It is mostly footwork, releases and routes.

Gopher Hole: What are the expectations for Chaska this upcoming season?

Sean Engel: I am working at starting varsity. There is a lot of work ahead because there are some juniors and seniors ahead of me, but I have to just go up the chart and make it happen.

Gopher Hole: Do you have a returning quarterback or a new starter?

Sean Engel: Our returning quarterback was a sophomore last year.

Gopher Hole: Have you already developed some teamwork and chemistry with him during the offseason?

Sean Engel: Yes. We had a couple of 7-on-7's. We have a summer camp going on right now, so we will work with each other there.

Gopher Hole: Your brother started his career at Winona State before transferring to Minnesota. What would it mean to follow in his footsteps and maybe play at Minnesota?

Sean Engel: It would be great. It would be a dream come true.

Top Bottom