Charley Walters Pimping P.J. Fleck

Never been. Is there a difference in the lunch vs dinner menu?
Go 4th of July weekend. Kids eat free. Lunch same as dinner.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

The Gophers won 9 games this year.

OK, now knock yourselves out trying to show that statement is not correct.

I realize you cannot unbreak the egg - but remove the Sept 2 incident from the conversation, and no one would be calling for a Gopher coach who just won 9 games to be fired.

So, I will say this - AND THIS IS AN OPINION - (for the benefit of the reading challenged) - certain people on this board are using the incident as an excuse to call for Claeys to be fired - because they don't like Claeys. If this incident had not happened, they would be using a different excuse. They are NOT as offended by the incident as they seem to be - they are using it as an excuse.

I realize you cannot unbreak the egg - but remove the Sept 2 incident from the conversation, and no one would be calling for a Gopher coach who just won 9 games to be fired.

So, I will say this - AND THIS IS AN OPINION - (for the benefit of the reading challenged) - certain people on this board are using the incident as an excuse to call for Claeys to be fired - because they don't like Claeys. If this incident had not happened, they would be using a different excuse. They are NOT as offended by the incident as they seem to be - they are using it as an excuse.
I wanted TC fired after about week 4. I hope the administration uses it as an excuse to do it. I already said this.

I personally don't think he gets fired.
I think when they beat Purdue he bought himself three years.
I think this season will be as good as we ever will be under TC.
I said early in the season I think if you like 6-8 regular season wins sign TC up for a lifetime contract.
I said changing coaches might mean a step back and I'm okay with it.
I will not attend another gophers game while TC is coach.

I could be wrong. I think we keep TC so I hope I am wrong.

+1000. Can we just give them their own thread and they can have a little party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1000. Can we just give them their own thread and they can have a little party.

If you don't like discussion why are you on a message board?

If you don't like discussion why are you on a message board?

Discussion, or better yet dialogue, reflects inquiry and advocacy. That is often a lot of fun. There are many on this board who engage in advocacy for Claeys firing in all kinds of odd ways, with no interest in inquiry and possibly being influenced.

Agreed. Some will probably argue that they weren't the "right" 9 wins...

For you Ozzy&Ray

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument!

(pause)

O: Yes it is!

M: No it isn't!

(pause)

M: It's just contradiction!

O: No it isn't!

M: It IS!

O: It is NOT!

M: You just contradicted me!

O: No I didn't!

M: You DID!

O: No no no!

M: You did just then!

O: Nonsense!

M: (exasperated) Oh, this is futile!!

(pause)

M: Yes it is!

(pause)

M: I came here for a good argument!

O: AH, no you didn't, you came here for an argument!

M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

O: Well! it CAN be!

M: No it can't!

M: An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

M: Yes it is! 'tisn't just contradiction.

O: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary position!

M: Yes but it isn't just saying 'no it isn't'.

M: No it ISN'T! Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says.

O: It is NOT!

M: It is!

O: Not at all!

M: It is!

:rolleyes:

I think this is false.
Remove the Sept 2 incident, and you look at the games Claeys won and there's not one impressive victory.

Some experts had the Gophers going unbeaten this year. People who know the Gophers very, very well. They finished with only 9 wins.
Why should we be happy with disappointment?

Throw in how badly many of these men behave around women, and it becomes easy to request a change. Stop the objectifying of women like that.

I think this is false.
Remove the Sept 2 incident, and you look at the games Claeys won and there's not one impressive victory.

Some experts had the Gophers going unbeaten this year. People who know the Gophers very, very well. They finished with only 9 wins.

Throw in how badly many of these men behave around women, and it becomes easy to request a change. Stop the objectifying of women like that.

I think you made his point. You just said "remove the incident" and then finished with talking about the incident. Do you think PJ Fleck's players objectify women? LOL

Discussion, or better yet dialogue, reflects inquiry and advocacy. That is often a lot of fun. There are many on this board who engage in advocacy for Claeys firing in all kinds of odd ways, with no interest in inquiry and possibly being influenced.

The irony of this post

Agreed. Some will probably argue that they weren't the "right" 9 wins...

Right for what?

The team is improving. The program is turning the corner. Wins are being collected at a pace faster than what we have been used to in the last several decades. Awesome game plan vs WashSt. All good things.

Bad things include some off-the-field red flags. Lower attendance. Recruiting feels like it's tapering off (I think we were still last in recruiting when I looked, but could be wrong?). Is Claeys exciting the boosters? How is fundraising going? Do the players respect him?

Sort of feels like we are at a crossroads. Push our chips into the middle of the table and go with Claeys or let someone come in and take over the reigns.

Count me as one that will always root for the Gophers and hopes Claeys succeeds if he is our coach, but there a few red flags as noted above.

I think it's disingenuous to use the "9 wins" argument for success and avoid looking at everything else mentioned.

You are 100% correct. They were calling for his head even before the suspensions.

Right for what?

The team is improving. The program is turning the corner. Wins are being collected at a pace faster than what we have been used to in the last several decades. Awesome game plan vs WashSt. All good things.

Bad things include some off-the-field red flags. Lower attendance. Recruiting feels like it's tapering off (I think we were still last in recruiting when I looked, but could be wrong?). Is Claeys exciting the boosters? How is fundraising going? Do the players respect him?

Sort of feels like we are at a crossroads. Push our chips into the middle of the table and go with Claeys or let someone come in and take over the reigns.

Count me as one that will always root for the Gophers and hopes Claeys succeeds if he is our coach, but there a few red flags as noted above.

I think it's disingenuous to use the "9 wins" argument for success and avoid looking at everything else mentioned.

The whole argument is disingenuous.

Most of the Fire Claeys crowd has been moving the line all season. After the Purdue game, most of them were saying "hey, if we lose out, it's definitely possible that Claeys gets fired". That was probably true at the time. Most of them realized it was insane after the NWestern game. I don't think anyone thought we should fire Claeys if he won 8 games. Now that we've won 9. It still doesn't matter.

They should just say that they want Claeys fired. When they start bringing up wins and all of that stuff, they look silly. If the Gopher program is at a point where we can start debating the strength of our 9 win seasons, we are in unusually good territory.

The whole argument is disingenuous.

Most of the Fire Claeys crowd has been moving the line all season. After the Purdue game, most of them were saying "hey, if we lose out, it's definitely possible that Claeys gets fired". That was probably true at the time. Most of them realized it was insane after the NWestern game. I don't think anyone thought we should fire Claeys if he won 8 games. Now that we've won 9. It still doesn't matter.

They should just say that they want Claeys fired. When they start bringing up wins and all of that stuff, they look silly. If the Gopher program is at a point where we can start debating the strength of our 9 win seasons, we are in unusually good territory.

I said from the very beginning (week 4) if you like 6-8 win regular seasons give him a lifetime contract

I said from the very beginning (week 4) if you like 6-8 win regular seasons give him a lifetime contract

Don't you think the best way to be a program that wins 10-11 games consistently is to first become a program that wins 7-8 games consistently?

I think you made his point. You just said "remove the incident" and then finished with talking about the incident. Do you think PJ Fleck's players objectify women? LOL

What a clown this FTF is...wondering what experts FTF is talking about who thought the Gophs would go undefeated. LOL. What an unbelievably bad troll. Gives trolls a bad name.

I think this is false.

Hey - "some experts" predicted the Gophers would go unbeaten. Which experts? I think a couple of people on this board may have suggested that - but for all we know, they could have been sarcastic and not serious. And - with all due respect to all Gopher Holers - I don't consider guys on a message board as "experts." Did anyone from ESPN or a credible media source predict the Gophers would go undefeated? I don't think so.

Again - there were times during the season that I was critical of Claeys - mainly due to his selection of an offensive coordinator I'm not in love with. But - I openly admit I've changed my mind. I want Claeys to stay as the head coach. I think he is being unfairly criticized by people because of the off-field incident, and I absolutely do not want Mark "The Invisible Man" Coyle selecting the next coach.

Right for what?

Dude, I agreed. Said some (not me) would question that they were not good wins. What's your point?

I think this is false.

<b>Some experts had the Gophers going unbeaten this year. </b>People who know the Gophers very, very well. They finished with only 9 wins.

I'm not an expert. Easy mistake tho.

Don't you think the best way to be a program that wins 10-11 games consistently is to first become a program that wins 7-8 games consistently?

Best way is not to be irresponsible in allowance of your players and a 17 year old high school recruit to instigate and execute a gang bang.

Best way is not to be irresponsible in allowance of your players and a 17 year old high school recruit to instigate and execute a gang bang.

Maybe try the Wisconsin way? You know, sleeping with co-eds or somebody else's wife.

Some radio Guy in Detroit is saying Big interest from MN. He says that he's not sure if Fleck is interested. Also tweeted that U Of M is a train wreck off the field.

I just don't think it happens this off season.

So your short answer is NO, thanks for playing.

Top Bottom