Charley Walters Pimping P.J. Fleck

Iceland12

Reaction score
Guess Fleck will take his calls. Though doubt that WMU A.D. Beauregard expected her quote to be used to sell Fleck to another school!

Should Claeys be dismissed, here’s a scouting report on P.J. Fleck, the Western Michigan coach, from the person who hired him, athletics director Kathy Beauregard, and why, from the Battle Creek Enquirer: “There was no doubt about his passion, his enthusiasm, his desire, and what it really comes down to, his ability to recruit.

“Recruit, recruit, recruit. … I thought, gosh, if I were a 17-year-old or a mom sitting there and he’s in the room talking about recruiting, which is everything, that’s what really hit me.”

Fleck, 36, will lead Western Michigan (13-0) against Wisconsin (10-3) in the Cotton Bowl on Monday.

Sophomore linebacker Blake Cashman, the MVP of the defense that propelled the Gophers to their 17-12 upset of Washington State in the Holiday Bowl, walked on at Minnesota after recruiters inexplicably overlooked the rugged 6-2, 225-pounder from Eden Prairie.

“Recruiting in this day and age is so inaccurate,” said Eden Prairie coach Mike Grant. “I don’t mean it as a negative at the U or anywhere else. But everyone is recruiting sophomores and juniors now, and you can’t project what a kid’s going to be. That’s why they miss on so many kids now.”

Late in the 2014 season, with Eden Prairie en route to another state championship, Cashman moved from cornerback to linebacker.

“He was a really outstanding player for us, a great kid, multisport athlete,” Grant said...

Other thread title could have been:

Walters Joins Pioneer Press Campaign to Fire Claeys

Or "Shut Gopher Football Down".

Wonder how the Pioneer Press would handle things if Fleck and WMU loses to the Badgers and Coyle announced his hiring by the U on Wednesday?

"P.J. Fleck Comes Over to Save the Day!

Or Kaler Brings In Another Guy Who Can't Beat the Badgers!

Right. Really getting tired of all these local scribblers down on Claeys, who went 9-4 and has experience to burn. Fleck had one good year at W. Michigan and he's another Bierman to some of these guys.

You're not being a bit dramatic, are you?

Right. Really getting tired of all these local scribblers down on Claeys, who went 9-4 and has experience to burn. Fleck had one good year at W. Michigan and he's another Bierman to some of these guys.

What's been your favorite Tracy Claeys win so far?

Since 1905, we've only had 1 season where we had more wins to pick from. It makes it a much more difficult choice.

Great way to compare eras. We've been playing 13 games a year since 1905 so this is a perfect stat to use.

Wonder how the Pioneer Press would handle things if Fleck and WMU loses to the Badgers and Coyle announced his hiring by the U on Wednesday?

It'll be pictures of the 10 accused with 25 point bolded font "RAPE ON THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA CAMPUS" (8 point font). . . is just one of the many things that new hire, B.J. Flick will have to overcome in his new job.

The article will detail all of his success at Central Michigan. It will discuss how everyone has always known, since before Brewster, this program needs a salesperson. It will touch on how at the U of MN, we need to raise our expectations and expect 10 wins a season. It will talk about how WI and IA have done it, so should we. Lastly, it will close with a weird paragraph about how the writer hates rape. Like he is against it.

Great way to compare eras. We've been playing 13 games a year since 1905 so this is a perfect stat to use.

I didn't make a single comparison.

I said that we haven't won more than 9 games SINCE 1905. That kind of consumes all of the eras from 1905 until now. So like LAST year. It would also include 2014. It actually would include all of the years between 1905 and 2016. That is what the word "since" means.

A comparison would have been if I said "We are better this year than we were in 1906 because we only won 4 games in 1906". Another comparison would have been "In 1906, we lost to Carlisle. We would kill Carlisle this year!!".

I was only saying the NUMBER of wins was the second highest since 1905 and therefore I had more options of wins to choose from. Numbers are constant. In 2016, 9 > 8. In 1906, 9>8. I didn't say it was our second best season. I didn't say we were a great team. I simple said we won more games (that's a number) last year than all but 1 season, since 1905. There was no comparison.

So maybe "comparison" wasn't a perfect word to use?

They might just go with #RTB!!!!!

Since 1905, we've only had 1 season where we had more wins to pick from. It makes it a much more difficult choice.

We finished 7th in a 14 team conference

A better comparison is how many times we finished 6th in a 12 team conference
5th in an 11 or 10 team conference.

AGAIN - - I NEVER MADE A COMPARISON.

I simply said, we have only had more wins in 1 season since 1905. That wasn't a comparison. I'm not comparing eras.

Someone said pick a win, I said that we have more to choose from than any season (except 1) since 1905. It's a numbers thing. Think of it as like a place a with a big menu, I'm not arguing that restaurant is better than a place with a smaller menu. It can just be hard to order, because of more (numbers) choices.

I simply said, we have only had more wins in 1 season since 1905. That wasn't a comparison. I'm not comparing eras.

Someone said pick a win, I said that we have more to choose from than any season (except 1) since 1905. It's a numbers thing. Think of it as like a place a with a big menu, I'm not arguing that restaurant is better than a place with a smaller menu. It can just be hard to order, because of more (numbers) choices.
Pick a season with a better finish than 1905

But I'm not making a comparison.

I'm not mad at you at all. But you definitely were making a comparison. That's fine though

Pick a season with a better finish than 1905

But I'm not making a comparison.

I'm not mad at you at all. But you definitely were making a comparison. That's fine though

If I made a comparison, it was an implicit comparison based solely on numbers. Like 9>8 regardless of what year it is. Applebees has a larger menu Fogo de Chao.

It's like I'm saying "Applebees has an extremely large menu."
And you're saying "How can you compare Applebees to Fogo de Chao, Fogo de Chao is so much better?"

I wasn't comparing Applebees with Fogo de Chao. I suppose there is an implicit comparison that Applebees menu is LARGER than most restaurants, but I wasn't comparing Applebees with Fogo de Chao.

If I made a comparison, it was an implicit comparison based solely on numbers. Like 9>8 regardless of what year it is. Applebees has a larger menu Fogo de Chao.

It's like I'm saying "Applebees has an extremely large menu."
And you're saying "How can you compare Applebees to Fogo de Chao, Fogo de Chao is so much better?"

I wasn't comparing Applebees with Fogo de Chao. I suppose there is an implicit comparison that Applebees menu is LARGER than most restaurants, but I wasn't comparing Applebees with Fogo de Chao.
Your menu comparison is dumber than your 9 wins in 2016 is the second best season in 110 years statement

If you don't see what you implied that's fine, but that's definitely what you implied. Hence why multiple people responded the way they did.

Your menu comparison is dumber than your 9 wins in 2016 is the second best season in 110 years statement

If you don't see what you implied that's fine, but that's definitely what you implied. Hence why multiple people responded the way they did.

Multiple people? TWO would be a far more accurate word for the number of posters who "responded the way they did" to Bob's post. Might seem like more because you've responded three times.

"If you don't see what you implied that's fine, but that's definitely what you implied"

No kidding.

Multiple people? TWO would be a far more accurate word for the number of posters who "responded the way they did" to Bob's post. Might seem like more because you've responded three times.

"If you don't see what you implied that's fine, but that's definitely what you implied"

No kidding.
Do you know what the definition of multiple is?

I prefer Fogo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what the definition of multiple is?

Sure and in your case the meaning was "there are a lot more people than me who didn't like your post Bob!"

You said it best yourself though, ""If you don't see what you implied that's fine, but that's definitely what you implied"

Now you should move on. :banghead:

Hey sounds like Fleck would be interested. Look who signed the petition to keep Claeys:

2148. PJ Fleck from Kalamazoo, MI signed this petition on Jan 1, 2017.
If he does get let go I'll gladly take the job.

I think the writers are simply being lazy as to what creative stories that they could write. These has been writers are getting the attention of some Gopher holers though.

Ok, bud. Whatever let's you sleep at night.
I can actually hear you backpedalling across my Internet connection.

Stupid. All he said was the number of wins we had. However, fits your anti-Claeys narrative to pick an argument on this.

Stupid. All he said was the number of wins we had. However, fits your anti-Claeys narrative to pick an argument on this.

Why is it stupid to compare coaches?

Fits your pro TC narrative to be okay with favorable comparisons but not okay with unfavorable one.

Here is a stat for you:
Tim Brewsters best finish in conference was a 3 way tie for 6th in an 11 team conference
TC's is a 7th place finish in a 14 team conference.

Top Bottom