Changes coming to Gophers volleyball coaching staff?

I’m all for it because “Schoonderwoerd.”

She would go from being the interim head coach at Cal, with some on VT saying she deserved to keep the job ...... to being KCook's ... fourth assistant?

Or would she be top assistant and push everyone down?

My bad, four full time coaches, three of which are assistants.

If they're not a head coach, it is correct and allowable to refer to them as an assistant. You are overruled: https://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/92623/third-full-assistant-coach-ruling

My point -- of course -- stands. She was an interim head coach but is coming here to be either the 2nd or 3rd assistant (depending on what Pedro is)??

My bad, four full time coaches, three of which are assistants.

If they're not a head coach, it is correct and allowable to refer to them as an assistant. You are overruled: https://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/92623/third-full-assistant-coach-ruling

My point -- of course -- stands. She was an interim head coach but is coming here to be either the 2nd or 3rd assistant (depending on what Pedro is)??

At this point, this is just social media follow bs. It's quite possible she just came through to visit KCook and then met and started following some of his assistants on Instagram after a dinner or something.

If she does end up at Minnesota, assistant pay at top B1G schools is similar if not higher than many head coaching roles at non power schools. She would get to work with a trusted mentor and now that the program has had a relatively down year, it would be a nice line item in the CV once it gets turned around.

I’m all for it because “Schoonderwoerd.”

Nice Dutch name, Americans can't pronounce the Dutch "Sch" so I'm sure they pronounce it Shone der wort.

Last edited:

Very reasonable take @NateDawgUM !

Until official announcements are made, which seems to take forever for sports that aren't the end all be all in college like football, it appears the only signals that fans can use to suss information out of the ether is to see who starts following who on Instagram.

It's official Crissy Jones Schoonderwoerd has been hired as our newest Assistant Coach.

IMO we have a much BETTER coaching staff for the upcoming season. I truly believe we will see more development with our players with Pedro back and now Crissy.

NEXT - 2 to 3 transfers.

Last edited:

If an Associate head coach was an assistant coach that would be the title. You're held in contempt. That'll be $500.

It's official Crissy Jones Schoonderwoerd has been hired as our newest Assistant Coach.

IMO we have a much BETTER coaching staff for the upcoming season. I truly believe we will see more development with our players with Pedro back and now Crissy.

NEXT - 2 to 3 transfers.

Well, there you go.

I'll chalk one up to what @NateDawgUM was describing for reasoning why she would come down in coaching rank like that.

Obviously great to have her aboard!

If an Associate head coach was an assistant coach that would be the title.
:ROFLMAO:

Now we know you're trolling.

Every coach who isn't the head coach is, by definition of words, an assistant coach. Little a. That's just how words work, don't care if you don't like it.

Sure, the Gopher athletic dept happens to call the first assistant an "Associate Head Coach" in their system. Good for them. Other places call things other things.

Just trying to educate you. Who knew it would be like getting a pig to dance?

At the very least I like the fact that we have hired someone who is in tune with Cook and has head coaching experience.

Just trying to educate you.
You didn't educate anything though, I educated you on the definition of the word assistant.

I don't care if you're a stubborn mule. I was right

Top Bottom