CBS preseason Bowl Projections

B1G missing out on the playoffs wouldn't surprise me. We under impressed in bowls last year and I'm expecting the East to really beat each other up this year. Of course 1 team could emerge more dominant than it looks now, I just wouldn't be surprised either way.

Michigan, MSU, tOSU. One of them will be there IF they can beat us in the B1G Championship game.

Correction, Iowa and Michigan St under impressed. Everyone else did all right.

I would love a Florida New Years Bowl game. Been a couple years since our last Rose Bowl appearance. :(

Michigan, MSU, tOSU. One of them will be there IF they can beat us in the B1G Championship game.
I know this is likely a little tongue in cheek, but the vibe I get from most here is that it's a very attainable goal. Can't say I disagree, but I wonder if Iowa didn't have the year they had last year if Gopher fans would still be so confident about this year.

Yeah agreed, but those two bowls were also the spotlight bowls that more people watched. That is probably one of the reasons why no B1G teams are in the preseason playoff projections. It can obviously change if someone from the East or the Gophers run the table.

Northwestern was also embarrassing.

But I agree with the overall premise. It wasn't a knockout year for the conference, but it wasn't a terrible year either.

B1G missing out on the playoffs wouldn't surprise me. We under impressed in bowls last year and I'm expecting the East to really beat each other up this year. Of course 1 team could emerge more dominant than it looks now, I just wouldn't be surprised either way.

I don't think overall conference bowl game performance play into the playoffs for the B1G unless the ENTIRE conference crapped out for several years in a row.

Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, even Wisc. or Nebraska, if they win the B1G are undefeated or have an equivalent record with the other playoff candidates they're probably in. They all control their destiny, B1G bowl performance doesn't play into it.

I don't think overall conference bowl game performance play into the playoffs for the B1G unless the ENTIRE conference crapped out for several years in a row.

Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan St, even Wisc. or Nebraska, if they win the B1G are undefeated or have an equivalent record with the other playoff candidates they're probably in. They all control their destiny, B1G bowl performance doesn't play into it.
If any P5 team runs the table they're in

Well we know that's not gonna happen...

As long as the East champion has no more than 1 loss and takes care of business against the West Champion, they will be in the playoffs. The powers that be have an interest in the Big Ten East being the Northern version of the SEC West. The best chance for the Big Ten to be left out of the playoffs is for a 1 loss West team to win the Big Ten Championship game. That just doesn't fit the 'narrative.'

Well Iowa did it and nearly won the B1G...

Iowa did it with the most cupcake of cupcake schedules....
Sconnie's schedule is as brutal as the ones we've had the last two years..they could honestly
start off 2-4 and possibly 2-7 before they get to Illinois..

A synopsis of Big Ten bowls, according to Jerry Palm:

Rose - Ohio State
Cotton - Iowa
Citrus - Michigan State
Outback - Michigan
Holiday - Penn State
Music City - Nebraska
Foster Farms - Northwestern
Pinstripe - Wisconsin
Quick Lane - Maryland
Heart of Dallas - Indiana
At-large (Armed Forces) - Minnesota

Clearly, he isn't too high on the Gophers. Personally, I think we'll be an attractive option for the Holiday Bowl when all is said and done.

Top Bottom