Cavs fire Bickerstaff

HIRE HIM!!
HIRE HIM!!
Wondering if JB would be interested in the job unless or until the Gophers can show that their boosters/business community has a very solid and maybe Top 50 funded NIL program set up and ready to go for his first season at the helm. With-out that, I wonder if a lot of top candidates would feel severely behind the curve when trying to recruit, and therefore turn down the job until you can show me I have that level of support in what has become a very big part of the puzzle.

Maybe I'm wrong, but thought I had seen somewhere that one of the most distasteful things about college coaching as opposed to the pro's is the time spent recruiting. Feels like a lot of pro coaches don't like having to put so much time on that aspect of the job. And of course now, you have to do twice as much recruiting; not just bringing in new players, but re-recruiting your current players.

Of course, I guess pro coaches are used to the idea of players jumping around over money in the NBA, so maybe it wouldn't be as big a deal as I think.

I recall Ben saying negative things about Pitino’s effort in recruiting when Ben got the job. I thought that was distasteful.

Top Bottom