Carter Coughlin - Both sides of the story need to be heard

I may be wrong but all 10 kids are able to file appeals. Right?

If they don't like those outcomes can't they sue as well?

Seems like they will have the chance not only at due process but will be able to get thier side of the story out there.

Some will be suing either way...

I agree both sides can put their side out there. I personally think the players will win significant money via settlements with the u of m.

Thanks for your voice during the past month. Always seem to be able to communicate nearly the same thoughts as I am thinking. Keep up the good work.

I also agree with this. Thanks Bob for presenting in writing what I am thinking and I hope that you will continue to do so.

I may be wrong but all 10 kids are able to file appeals. Right?

If they don't like those outcomes can't they sue as well?

Seems like they will have the chance not only at due process but will be able to get thier side of the story out there.

Terrible rationale. What if you were the kid CC is referring to..... Sure, I was labeled a sex offender and my picture was plastered on tv and newspapers across the Country with that label, and sure for the rest of my life when someone (possible employer, date, friend, office mate, etc.) Googles my name that is what they will see, and sure I was suspended from the football team and almost from school even tho I wasn't even there --- but hey, I filed an appeal and won and sued the U. All Cool. No hard feelings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know one thing: Carter Coughlin better keep his nose damm clean from here on out. I'm sure a certain committee on campus will have a close eye on him...

I know one thing: Carter Coughlin better keep his nose damm clean from here on out. I'm sure a certain committee on campus will have a close eye on him...

Yeah 50/50 CC is picked out of the next football player picture lineup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks CC this is exactly why 99 % are so fing pissed off grouped everyone together!
Instead of coming out in 2 different days say these 5 are suspended for allegedly assault
Then the next day coming out saying we have 5 guys for breaking the school code of conduct not the assault. Everything would have been smooth sailing from the school and media.

If you're talking laws, or even University policies, I am right there with you, but I am talking about a coach's rules, a teams rules. I have no problem with a team having rules I would not support in the real world. I want my coach to have total lock down control on his program. For me, that extends to and includes rules for player conduct outside of practice or the stadium. To me, this debacle showed me that Claeys either didn't prioritize that, or was leading in a wrong direction. I smells of no institutional control.

I'm fine with the coach/team if they kick off players that are just plain d ckheads. So maybe I am just too old school.

You ought to listen to the interview with Carter and his dad in another thread. Your comments in this thread are typical of uninformed GH mud-slingers. Implying the staff and team leaders didn't advise players about right and wrong is false. People make mistakes and as awful as this situation is in every respect, few, if any know what happened that night, and who is telling the truth.

I guarantee you, in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

If Claeys is being fired because some players didn't uphold the standards of the school and Claeys let them play and supported them, then why isn't Coyle and Kaler getting fired as well? All three had all the same information, all three had to sign off on the players being reinstated midseason and all three handled the second set of suspensions like idiots.

Claeys was scapegoated to appease the masses and it fit the narrative that Coyle wanted so he could get his guy without having to have some backbone and Kaler is just lucky since this kind of sex problem is happening a lot on his watch.

Coyle is a coward and Kaler is a dbag and I wouldn't work or play for either.

One of your premises is suspect... Coyle and Kaler likely had more info sooner.

Coyle is a coward and Kaler is a dbag... Not sure your conclusion is satisfactory either..... I think you could add a little.

Top Bottom