camcorder

MNSpaniel

Reaction score
I have a small camcorder about 3.5 wide by 5 inches long. Do they let you bring those into the game? I heard some talk about cameras with big lenses. This is much smaller than those type of cameras. I'm not going to drag it along if they won't let me bring it in. Want to show all the family that can't come all the action from the stadium if I can.

Nope..No recording devices of any kind allowed in the stadium

Bummer

Oh well that is a bummer. We only have two tickets that we share with others. So I wanted those family members who won't get tickets to a game this season to see close-up happening at the stadium. It should be a great time. I think we have good seats. Section 142 row 15. Should give us a good view of the game and the happening from the Gopher sidelines.

This may be a dumb question

but my wife asked me and I thought I had better find out for sure.
Can we have regular cameras in the stadium? we have just a normal digital camera that I was hoping to get a picture of us with the field in the background.
Thanks

but my wife asked me and I thought I had better find out for sure.
Can we have regular cameras in the stadium? we have just a normal digital camera that I was hoping to get a picture of us with the field in the background.
Thanks

i believe you can have a "regular camera". i think the restriction for cameras (as opposed to video recording equipment) is the lense length (i.e. you are not allowed to bring in professional type cameras with large changable zoom lenses that are above a certain length.)

Just bring you digital camera. I shoot video all the time on my little regular cannon digital camera. I can shoot about 15 minutes pretty east on a 2gb SD card.

I have a small camcorder about 3.5 wide by 5 inches long. Do they let you bring those into the game? I heard some talk about cameras with big lenses. This is much smaller than those type of cameras. I'm not going to drag it along if they won't let me bring it in. Want to show all the family that can't come all the action from the stadium if I can.

I actually called the U today and asked that VERY question..they said that any camera, even a movie camer ( I have a digital movie camera) can be brought into the stadium as long as it's a "small one". Mine is about the size of my hand and she said that would be fine. No problem.

PDF says ...

That PDF says no video or flash cameras. That would include just about all cameras wouldn't it. They all have some sort of flash on them. I think that is too bad. It is not like the average person is going to market video from the game. They just want something to share the experience with their family.

that would be very disappointing

if they do not allow us to bring cameras in, I have been to other NFL games where they have had no problem with bringing cameras in, video cameras I can see to an extent but regular cameras I would think should be fine.

if they do not allow us to bring cameras in, I have been to other NFL games where they have had no problem with bringing cameras in, video cameras I can see to an extent but regular cameras I would think should be fine.

You can bring cameras in. Just don't use the flash.

UMBRELLAS?? You can't bring umbrellas into the stadium? It's supposed to rain tomorrow! Let me guess, some drunken Hawkeye fan attacked someone with an umbrella and now they're forbidden at all big ten football games. This is STUPID!

Flip Video

Great little video camera. It looks like a small phone, but can take 1 hour of HD quality video. Had to advocate.. love the little thing.

Key being it doesn't look like a video camera at all.

UMBRELLAS?? You can't bring umbrellas into the stadium? It's supposed to rain tomorrow! Let me guess, some drunken Hawkeye fan attacked someone with an umbrella and now they're forbidden at all big ten football games. This is STUPID!

na thats been a rule forever ! would you really want someone infront of you holding ups a 30" umbrella as your trying to watch a game

na thats been a rule forever ! would you really want someone infront of you holding ups a 30" umbrella as your trying to watch a game

Strange, it must be a regional thing. I attend many Padres and Dodgers baseball games in CA and always bring my umbrella when rain is in the forecast. I've never been told I can't have an umbrella. Football must be different. I always brought an umbrella to Memorial and the Met with no problem for football games - granted, it wasn't a 30 foot golfing umbrella....Oh well, I'd better cut some holes in a trashbag to wear.

lets turn this around...

How would you like to be behind some jackbag with an umbrella? can see anything because it's in the way, and all that water dripping on you legs and feet...wear a raincoat or poncho...my God .

Top Bottom