Cam Christie to the Clippers

Congrats to Cam!

I wish I could relate, but I've never been the 46th pick in the NBA Draft.

19 from 1978 to 1999
Yes, but not comparable. They had more rounds then.

True there were more rounds, but also fewer Teams selecting. Jim Peterson was taken in the 3rd Round by the Rockets in 1984, but with the 51st selection. That would put him firmly in the 2nd Round, currently.

It is a much different landscape though, more foreign players and way more underclassmen.

True there were more rounds, but also fewer Teams selecting. Jim Peterson was taken in the 3rd Round by the Rockets in 1984, but with the 51st selection. That would put him firmly in the 2nd Round, currently.

It is a much different landscape though, more foreign players and way more underclassmen.

Yes, they had fewer teams then but they still drafted far more players. Take 1981 for example. They had 23 teams vs. 30 today but they still drafted 223 players in 10 rounds. Today they have two rounds with a maximum of 60 players drafted. Far more undrafted free agents make the league these days.

Yes, they had fewer teams then but they still drafted far more players. Take 1981 for example. They had 23 teams vs. 30 today but they still drafted 223 players in 10 rounds. Today they have two rounds with a maximum of 60 players drafted. Far more undrafted free agents make the league these days.
Correct, I was just pointing out that it's nuanced. Things have changed as you indicated.

Watching Cam playing now against the Bucks in summer league. 1 for 2 on 3-pointers.

Christie's summer league team, as one of the four undefeated teams, is in the summer league semifinal playoffs today at 1 PM (CT) on ESPN.

He's had a fair summer league for a player of his young age and experience. He was playing off the ball and that's a bit of a handicap in the helter-skelter summer league where many players are aggressively attacking the basket and forcing the action.

Top Bottom