Caleb Williams to MN?

The SEC will continue to be a slimy pit of corruption. I can only hope the Big 10 will remain a honorable conference.

I imagine the opportunity to showcase his skills will be as important as NIL money.

If that was the case he could stay at Oklahoma. Not like Sooners end up under the radar...

At some point, isn't it just going to be quicker and easier to list all the QB's that AREN'T moving? The list is getting shorter by the day.

I'm hoping the portal settles down in the next few years, because this isn't good for the sport. If it stays this nuts, I think they're going to have to institute some sort of rules to reduce the sheer number of transfers. Like when you sign to a school, you give a 3 year commitment (essentially like how the draft-eligible players in baseball works). You can free transfer at any point after 3 years, as a grad transfer, or if your head coach gets fired/leaves. If you don't fall under one of those instances, you have to sitout a year that doesn't count against your eligibility (so as to not punish kids that took a redshirt their first year). Obviously, because Riley left, my own rules wouldn't prevent Williams from free transferring, but good gravy it would seem some guidelines may be in order.

Of course, wherever Williams goes probably means that school will have a couple of their current QB's transfer out, because they won't want to sit behind Williams for 2 years. So that will add even more QB's to the portal.
The open portal should go - right away, and the one year sit-out reinstated. Entropy is taking over.

The open portal should go - right away, and the one year sit-out reinstated. Entropy is taking over.
I still like the one time, no penalty, transfer rule and think after the additional Covid year, it will be fine.

What alarms me is the rule change for subsequent free transfers that can occur after a hardship exception is filed. That’s the rule that seemingly arbitrarily granted transfers to ‘important’ schools, but not the regular ones. Since we have the “one time for all” rule in place now, all subsequent transfers should require a year to sit. No exceptions. That second time rule was presented, but I don’t know if it’s been approved.

I still like the one time, no penalty, transfer rule and think after the additional Covid year, it will be fine.

What alarms me is the rule change for subsequent free transfers that can occur after a hardship exception is filed. That’s the rule that seemingly arbitrarily granted transfers to ‘important’ schools, but not the regular ones. Since we have the “one time for all” rule in place now, all subsequent transfers should require a year to sit. No exceptions. That second time rule was presented, but I don’t know if it’s been approved.
I fully agree with this in terms of there should not be waivers after you burn up your one time free transfer. If you want to transfer a second time you should have to sit a year, no exceptions.

Top Bottom