Bye PJ - hello this guy

Fleck’s buyout is $22 million, $18 million after 12/31/2024. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Only hope is he finds and pays a legitimate OC.This was according to Ryan Burns’s most recent article. Fleck and his agent have taken full advantage of Mark Coyle.

Last edited:

Fleck’s buyout is $22 million, $18 million after 12/31/2024. He’s not going anywhere anytime soon. Only hope is he finds and pays a legitimate OC.This was according to Ryan Burns’s most recent article. Fleck and his agent have taken full advantage of Mark Coyle.
That’s not really that big of a buyout in modern college football

An 18 million buyout in 2024 is like a 7 million buyout in 2007 when comparing it to the big ten media deal

The coordinators that are brought in are often rookies who don't command a big salary. PJ isn't bringing in anyone big. He's not making changes to HIS system. It's not the pay for our OC/DC, it's the fact that PJ won't bring in an experienced coordinator with his own system...someone who has an established track record that's WORTH big $$$.

That’s not really that big of a buyout in modern college football

An 18 million buyout in 2024 is like a 7 million buyout in 2007 when comparing it to the big ten media deal
Numbers are skewed in today’s ncaa, but 22m would be the second highest and 18m would be tied for fourth highest ever.

It's interesting these days. If you're willing to pay 18 million or 22 million or whatever the buyout may be. I wonder what the team would look like if you, just used that money instead to buy a bunch of 4 and 5 star players instead?

There are two coaches that are great hires, Indiana and Kansas. Both hired coaches who had multiple success at lower levels then moved up to mid tier levels and continued success. Not sexy hires but damn good coaches. We hired Fleck after one good season at one program. Mn keeps waiting for him to be something he isn't. He never had the track record to say he can do it

I agree, he's not going anywhere. He puts 10,000 students in the seats every game and they cheer the loudest for him during introductions. The AD/Coach and NIL need to come up with a better on field formula.

If not as a HC, how about as an offensive coordinator? Penn State took our OC, who wanted to be closer to home. Why don't we take Penn State's OC who happens to live in Litchfield, MN? There might be a salary issue, I suppose!!! But if the season keeps going this way--uncreative offensive game plans against teams with superior talent and athleticism--PJ might be forced to bring in an actual OC, one with high-level experience, for 2025. Even if it means giving the OC a freer hand to design our offense ...

There are two coaches that are great hires, Indiana and Kansas. Both hired coaches who had multiple success at lower levels then moved up to mid tier levels and continued success. Not sexy hires but damn good coaches. We hired Fleck after one good season at one program. Mn keeps waiting for him to be something he isn't. He never had the track record to say he can do it
What are you talking about? Fleck did more at WMU and Minnesota than either of those coaches have done at the FBS level.

If not as a HC, how about as an offensive coordinator? Penn State took our OC, who wanted to be closer to home. Why don't we take Penn State's OC who happens to live in Litchfield, MN? There might be a salary issue, I suppose!!! But if the season keeps going this way--uncreative offensive game plans against teams with superior talent and athleticism--PJ might be forced to bring in an actual OC, one with high-level experience, for 2025. Even if it means giving the OC a freer hand to design our offense ...

Interesting to see how Kansas has regressed without him.

Kansas coach is 18-24
He is 1-3 this year.

He was 37-33 at Buffalo

Fleck is 52-36 at Minnesota. 2-2 this year.
He was 30-22 at western Michigan

Your analysis lacks basis in reality.
You are correct though, fleck does not have as many D3 wins as LL at Kansas

Numbers are skewed in today’s ncaa, but 22m would be the second highest and 18m would be tied for fourth highest ever.
Talk to me about this in a couple of years. You are correct it would be big comparing to history. I am talking about the present.

Kansas coach is 18-24
He is 1-3 this year.

He was 37-33 at Buffalo

Pj record is about to get ugly.

Kansas coach is 18-24
He is 1-3 this year.

He was 37-33 at Buffalo

Kansas coach is also 60 vs Fleck who is 43. Kinda wish Fleck would bring in more established OC/DC's if he gets a chance.

Kansas coach is 18-24
He is 1-3 this year.

He was 37-33 at Buffalo

Kansas was in a way worse shape them Minnesota so I disagree, how about Cignatti (sic) at Indiana. I noticed you stayed silent on that hire.

First off, right or wrong PJ isn't going anywhere this year. Our AD/administration has proven they are not paying that. Second, we can change coordinators all we want, PJ believes in slow the game run the ball. He's not going to let someone come in and run the air raid.

That leaves 1 option, which is filled under DUH. Get better players. Some of that is certainly money driven. But the part PJ has frustrated me is the lack of scouting and development at QB/WR. Our great year I don't feel like we had a drastically different offensive game plan, and our defense and OL has been solid, we just can't find or develop game changers at those 2 spots. I understand it's tough but it's possible. You put a top 30 ish QB in the country and 2 NFL WR on the field with this team I'd bet we are 4-0 and ranked. Instead we are 2-2 and hoping to make a bowl. Again duh, but it's the truth.

Top Bottom